• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ideal patch: Duck Hunt (Duo)

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
Ima be honest with you, i don't like Duck Hunt, nor have i ever played as them before now, but i said i would make patch notes for every fighter so...enjoy.

Run speed: 1.63 -> 1.70 *
air speed: 1.1 -> 1.15 **
Forward Smash (hit 1-2) angle: 5 -> 365 ***
Up smash (hit 1) angle: 140/150 -> 365
Up smash (hit 2) angle: 115 -> 365
Down throw Base KB: 70 -> 30
Down throw IASA frame: -3 ****
Trick shot can kick at: frame 16 -> frame 12
Trick shot animation FAF: 46 -> 30
Trick shot (explosion) freeze frame multiplier: 1 -> 1.5 *****
Trick shot (explosion) SDI multiplier: 1 -> 0.8 ******
Clay Shooting animation FAF: 66 -> 50
Gunmen HP: 5 -> 10
Gunmen animation FAF: 45 -> 40
Gunmen shots freeze frame multiplier: 1 -> 2
Gunmen shots SDI multiplier: 1 -> 0.6

* Dogs can run very fast
** Less likely to have to rely on extremely gimpable up special
*** autolink angle, more reliable at connecting
**** actual value unknown
***** easier followups
****** compensation for higher freeze frame multiplier

I tried really hard on this one, but there will probably be a lot of problems with these. Please let me know of anything i should change/add.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I am not the biggest expert on Duck Hunt Dog but since I have played him I can share my thoughts.

Run speed bonus is completely unnecesary. DHD can run just fine.
Instead of improving his air speed improve Up B's speed. DHD's air speed is fine too.
Dunnobro (DH expert) once made an article that changing the linking on DHD's smashes wouldn't do anything if the hitboxes remained terrible and slow. I'll link his article later below.
There is no need to change DHD's Down Throw.
Those changes to the can would make DHD worse. Did you know it is a frame 1 kamikaze disadvantage option? Giving it more stun would affect DHD too.
Frisbee change is good.
Can't say yes or no to the gunmen changes.

As closing thoughts you really need to do your research. DHD is focused on trapping and conditioning, and your list quite frankly doesn't fit or does anything for DHD. At the very least you could have suggested removing the sourspots of DHs aerials and improvements to the hitboxes to help with DHs KO problem. If you want a more in depth and informative DH change list, see here:

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp...ck_hunt_patch_suggestions_tip_he_doesnt_need/

Last edited:

Dawangthang

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dawangthang
Can is a frame 1 option so having the kick change would be completely useless. The only change that would really do much is the frame change on d throw. It would make the hoo ha true around 120%.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Uair and nair should come out on earlier frames, maybe frame 4 for nair and frame 6 for uair, also KILL SETUP, PLEASE! Duck hunt has NO killpower, he is even worse than pikachu in that regard not sure if that dthrow change would help but, he sure as heck needs a hoo hah.

Dawangthang

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dawangthang
Uair and nair should come out on earlier frames, maybe frame 4 for nair and frame 6 for uair, also KILL SETUP, PLEASE! Duck hunt has NO killpower, he is even worse than pikachu in that regard not sure if that dthrow change would help but, he sure as heck needs a hoo hah.
Hoo ha would be broken with DH considering how good his grab range is. It'd make him simple af

Dawangthang

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dawangthang
But no one cares, he needs it. Or at the very least, better kill moves.
I'd hate for Duck Hunt to turn into something brainless. Just make something like his up tilt, bair, and nair kill slightly earlier, make up air and smash attacks connect better, and then make some of his hit boxes last slightly longer and he'd be perfectly balanced

Top Bottom