• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ideal patch: Captain Falcon

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
This is a tricky one, because while in low level play CF is very hard to deal with, in tournament play he's pretty well rounded but has some glaring flaws. I want this patch project to focus more on high level play, so i only had a few buffs to make to him.

walk speed: 0.94 -> 1.01
gravity: 0.12 -> 0.116
air speed: 1.1 -> 1.4
dash attack FAF: 38 -> 34
Ftilt hitbox size: 5.3/4.3/4.3 -> 5.7/4.7/4.7
Dtilt angle: 25 -> 15
Dtilt hitbox size: 4.8/4.8/3.5 -> 5.2/5.2/3.9
Utilt (spike) hitbox size: 3.5 -> 4.0
Dthrow KBG: 45 -> 40
Dthrow FAF: 2 frames earlier
Nair (hit 1 angle): 86/78/74 -> 365 (autolink)
falcon punch hitbox active: 53-57/61-65 -> 53-60/61-68
falcon punch (all variants) shield damage: 0 -> 20
falcon punch (all variants) KBG: 90 -> 93 (Brawl value)
raptor boost detection active: 16-35 -> 16-37
raptor boost damage: 9 -> 10
falcon dive now travels the same vertical distance in the air as it does on the ground.

Maybe ZeRo will finally pick up CF?

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
This is a tricky one, because while in low level play CF is very hard to deal with, in tournament play he's pretty well rounded. I want this patch project to focus more on high level play, so i did not have many changes to make to CF, as i consider him just fine as he is.

walk speed: 0.94 -> 1.01
gravity: 0.12 -> 0.116
falcon punch (all variants) shield damage: 0 -> 30
falcon punch (all variants) KBG: 90 -> 93 (Brawl value)
falcon dive now travels the same vertical distance in the air as it does on the ground.

Maybe ZeRo will finally pick up CF?
I agree with these changes, but I would also want to reduce d-air and f-air's respective landing lag by 50%, and that's it.

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
I agree with these changes, but I would also want to reduce d-air and f-air's respective landing lag by 50%, and that's it.
I feel like if I did that he would be too good. Like I said, I consider CF to be a good character, so he doesn't really need to many buffs. P.S Thanks for your positive Feedback on my B Jr. thread. I actually spent a really long time testing BJ and it was kind of upsetting to see people dismissing my work. I plan to do an 'Ideal patch' thread for every fighter (alphabetically) so stay tuned if there are any fighters you want to see buffed/nerfed.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I think something that would make Falcon less of a sandbag offstage would be having the second jump restored by Falcon Kick like :falconmelee:.

Last edited:

TheLobsterCopter5000

Smash Apprentice
I think something that would make Falcon less of a sandbag offstage would be having the second jump restored by Falcon Kick like :falconmelee:.
bear in mind that he is very fast, very strong, has good range and good combos, he needs to have a weakness.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Give him Ganon's N-air as in... they link into each other/ where is feet are make the hitbox just a little bigger. I swear if his N-air was able to space... my god this character..

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Honestly in my opinion Falcon is perfectly fine the way he is. I would like to say his tilts are kinda trash but they have their uses.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Honestly in my opinion Falcon is perfectly fine the way he is. I would like to say his tilts are kinda trash but they have their uses.
A powerful semispike Down tilt is very good for Falcon. His tilts overall are overshadowed by his ultra super neutral trivializing jab.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
A powerful semispike Down tilt is very good for Falcon. His tilts overall are overshadowed by his ultra super neutral trivializing jab.
I guess his dtilt is alright because of the angle it sends them but the usage of the move is meh

Druncle_Titus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sean.Dunn17
I think his tilts are pretty good, and kinda under-utilized. utilt and dtilt have occasional combo usage and can 2 frame, and ftilt can jablock and stuff double jumps, setting up for a run off dair or knee. ftilt also has occasional usage for poking.

MarshieMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MarshieMan
These buffs seem pretty much perfect. Maybe buff dash attack so that it can more reliably combo light characters.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Fix the hit detector on raptor boost to actually hit when it should, ive had so many instances where it should have hit but its just out of reach and the opponent isnt even shielding they just stand there.

Also make it so reverse falcon dive travels the same distance as regular falcon dive. Nothing like trying to up b into the ledge but having to drift back to miss a two frame but now you cant grab where you were because the drift goes absolutely nowhere.

Top Bottom