• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Hylian Nightmare": A Link Combo Video by The GERM.

The GERM

Smash Ace
I've seen a couple good combo videos in the past. The only problems with those, is that most were all setup combos, combos someone can easily get out of if DI'd right. I saw Peach Vision, a combo video of Mike G's Peach, and even though it was short, it was the best combo video I've seen so far because all the combos were from actual matches.

Me and my crew have been recording a lot our matches on tape over the last 3 years or so, So we have over 100 hours of smash matches on tape, which is about 40 tapes. I took a couple of the newer ones and found as many Link combos as I could find, and then only kept the ones worth showing to make this video.

I've been working on this for a couple months now, even before Linkology, Linkology was just a side project really. A couple of people have been basing my skill with Link on Linkology, a "Trix" video I did for beginners. Hylian Nightmare has no pointless trix, no bomb teching, no snazzy techno music, and no setup combos whatsoever, just raw a** Link combos. All these combos were taken directly from actual matches with my crew and a few other people around Norcal. Now maybe we can all stop seeing "Link combos pleeeease" threads around here eh.

DC++, Search: "The Hylian Nightmare" (est. 6 minutes/27mb)

or just go here: http://www.ssbm.it/musicvids/The_Hylian_Nightmare.wmv

ENJOY..........

~The GERM~ -DBR-

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Searching now....

I just wanna say Germ, that even though I've never heard of you winning anything major and you play Link, I think you're the best Smash player I've ever seen. Seriously. You inspire me with your Links' creativivty. I'm sure this vid won't dissappoint.

-Syn

*edit

I'm searching the hub Germ, and I can't find it...

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
I got it, and I am sharing it as well.

GERM... you are insane. That is the best combo vid I have seen. The fact that those are combos done in actual matches makes this one so much more worth than the combo vids people record in training mode. Mad props... Link is one of my better chars already, this makes me want to go and play with him right now. Fantastic job.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
mad ****ing prosp to my homie Germ, you are a badass mother****a German I mean that was insane. your still the best Link, and this ****er Germ has the balls to show his **** online letting everyone see it WITHOUT even a regret someone might steal his **** and use it against him, cause that nukka knows that even if you use his tactics he's better, he don't need ot keep his secerts. he's the best obviously, and he's not scared to give his oponet the MOST advantages they can get. unlike people like Lord HDL who say they have a bunch of tactics but never share them =/. Germs the best motha****a

oh yeah wtf is up with a "The Germ" vid using a Clod Zero sig? are you some kinda noob Germ?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
lol Zarelid that’s funny because you know I can’t upload videos yet I still need some time before I’m able to do that and I don’t know what you’re talking about because when people ask me on AIM some of the tactics and strategies I use I tell them. I was being mad cheap with YOU on AIM because it was funny but if I was serious then I would just tell you the tactics straight up because it doesn’t matter if people use them on me it probably won’t make that much of a difference anyway so I’m not scared of "sharing any secrets" lol.

I most likely can’t get this video anytime soon unless Germ sends it to me because I’m having some problems with the hub and it’s being mad gay. I was planning on making a combo video once I get a capture card but it looks like Germ beat me to it, oh well. Maybe I’ll think of something else like all those nasty tricks that I don’t mind telling people on AIM but I was mad stingy to Zarelid, lol.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
wow ... that was a ****ing awesome vid...to say your link is ****ing awesome is purely a understatement.... my friend plays link so i think that he will much appreciate this vid.....

SynikaL

Smash Lord
lol.

I just got to see it.

Best Melee player I've ever seen. Period.

You're the only Smash player I seriously hope I never have to fight.

-CynIcaL
(not even in a friendly lol)

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i dont know if he is the best melee player i have ever seen.... even though he uses such a lower character than many of the top players... which i respect... but he is definetly the best link in the world.... no japanese links can come close in my opinion

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Lord HDL
lol Zarelid that’s funny because you know I can’t upload videos yet I still need some time before I’m able to do that and I don’t know what you’re talking about because when people ask me on AIM some of the tactics and strategies I use I tell them. I was being mad cheap with YOU on AIM because it was funny but if I was serious then I would just tell you the tactics straight up because it doesn’t matter if people use them on me it probably won’t make that much of a difference anyway so I’m not scared of "sharing any secrets" lol.

I most likely can’t get this video anytime soon unless Germ sends it to me because I’m having some problems with the hub and it’s being mad gay. I was planning on making a combo video once I get a capture card but it looks like Germ beat me to it, oh well. Maybe I’ll think of something else like all those nasty tricks that I don’t mind telling people on AIM but I was mad stingy to Zarelid, lol.

actually I don't remeber that convo(not saying it didn't take place(cause it proably didn't jk)) but I was refering to youer post in the something thread about you saying you were the most techniqcal Link, and you don't even post these "secert" strats, no one should ask for them Germ just goes around telling people whenever he wants, your like "you must ask me blah blah blah" I dunno just sayin thats what you do.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Thanx to everyone who liked the vid, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. You know, in the end, this is just a game. I don't give two bits of a sh** about showing my strats and tactics to everyone, I want Link to be a character who's feared and there is absolutely no reason to keep sh** from anyone. I've been playing Link since day fu**ing 1, I've heard so much sh** from people over the last couple years telling me that Link is crap and that I should just pick up some high tier character so I can win tournaments, All I said to them was, "fu** you, let's fu**ing play right now and I'll show you how fast I can **** you." The point is, playing Link is an art, and getting really good doesn't come easy, so ever since I started playing this game back when I was a Lil' Amoeba, I've tried to help out as many Link players as I can, "rival" or not. Again, thanx to everyone who watched the vid, I hope you benefit from it in any way possible.

Zarelid, I hope you're effin' ready bro, cause at FC3, we're gonna have to step it up and **** every single East Coast Link like nothing. We got 3 months, so I hope you're ready, cause I am...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Good bajesus... this *almost* makes me want to pick up Link all over again, but then again it also makes me wanna get good enough with M2 make a similar vid of pure M2 crazyness.

I always thought you were the best US Link player just judging from vids, but ****, like others have said, you put the Japanese Link's to shame. Nice man, real nice.

O_o I have never seen so many grabs.... Crazy...

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
great vid germ, you wouldnt by any chance be going to MLG orlando? id love to play that insane link of your till then ill just watch everyone else loose to you. madd props.

Originally posted by MookieRah
Good bajesus... this *almost* makes me want to pick up Link all over again, but then again it also makes me wanna get good enough with M2 make a similar vid of pure M2 crazyness.
one maricale at a time mookie, link had his now you wait....forever!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
PFFSSHHHHHsshhhhshshshshshshhshsh!!!!

Peepz thought Link owning this hardcore wasn't possible, what makes you think M2 couldn't be mastered to the same level and produce stellar results?

Not saying that it would be nearly as impressive as what Link could pull off, but still I r shall tries hardz :-P.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Germ I am not ready but when I go up their someday I hope ot become ready =)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I dont know how you grab so much GERM, I'd like to see how you play against a Jigglypuff, a good one. Hardness to grab! 0_0
I still havent downloaded the vid yet. Nobody seemed to had it available on the HUB just yet. Oh btw, I think EC Link's out number WC Links. ^_^

As for M2. He is like one of the most poorly made characters in the game. The creators probablly just rushed him due to deadlines, thus he sucks. I like M2. But I only like to play him in friendlies, cause losing money makes me sad. :( Im not saying to give up M2 or anything, but you should have a backup character for counterpick reasons.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Zarelid that’s not cool you know I post here a lot telling people mad **** I just don’t tell them everything at one time but I don’t keep secrets from people. And I don’t have some rule that requires people to ask me for tactics and strategies before I tell them.

Calibur, I know there are more Links on the EC than WC but that doesn’t really mean anything. There are only a few Link players around that still main Link and have been using him competitively since the first smash came out. Most of the Link players that took up Link but then changed because they thought he was mad *** changed to characters like Sheik because they were too scared to train and get good with him. Take all the best Link players on the EC and tell me who among them have been training with Link competitively since the first smash came out? I know I fall in that category, but can you name anyone else? Numbers don’t really mean anything here. I only wish I could go to Melee-FC3 so then I can rep the EC as Link the way he’s supposed to be repped but too bad I can’t do that so I can almost guarantee that that no EC Link will best Germ. I’d say the closest EC Link to doing that besides me is Kubuu and I don’t even know if he still plays and if he does then what if he doesn’t go to Melee-FC3? People need to stop with this best Link BS the only thing that matters (Germ mentioned this and I wholeheartedly agree) is that Link gets repped as a fierce character and have him tear up the gay-*** Sheiks that used to be Links but they betrayed him and thought he sucked but then they will found out how much he can **** them, lol.

So far to this day everyone says that Germ is best Link since he has proved himself better in tournaments more than any other Link but who knows maybe one day someone who has also been training since day one will "come out of the blue" and take top spot so I say that it’s ok to respect and honor one’s ahievements but it’s best to stop praising and start training. That’s my rant for now, lol.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I play Link in tournaments and Ive played him since day 1 of SSBM. Just cause I have backup characters doesnt mean Im not repping Link, just cause I play Sheik, and Samus in tournaments at times, doesnt mean Im not repping Link, cause I am. I'd say my Link is better than my Sheik, with the experience I had with him and Samus. But theres sometimes you have to counterpick with a different character, if it seems hopeless. And just cause I dont play Link the whole tournament day, doesnt mean Im not repping Link, cause I am. Even these top players dont play their mains all throughout the tournament day. So just cause I play Link and Sheik doesnt mean Im a traitor, cause I would always Link ditto someone instead of play my Sheik vs. another Link. Its just pure BS to limit yourself with just Link. As it is pure BS to limit yourself with just Sheik or any other top tiers characters.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Well I guess then it’s BS for me to stick with Link throughout entire tournaments. I play other characters in friendlies and such but when it comes to official sets then I stick with my main man. That’s the only way to prove yourself and your Link because if you just keep counterswitching then who cares if you beat the final set with Link that still doesn’t show your Link’s worth if you used other characters for other sets. And I’m going to use Wes as a perfect example of this as well as my friend Dire because they prove that you don’t need to be counterswitching in order to place high in tournaments. Wes has been getting first place in like every NYC tournament lateley and he uses Samus and ONLY Samus in sets. That also goes for my friend Dire who uses G&W throughout the entire tournament and got 3rd at the last NYC tournament and he would have probably got 2nd but PC Chris used Sheik on him and PC Chris mains Ganon so does that show that PC Chris is better than Dire? No because PC Chris is one of those people that always counterswitch with characters and stages and to be truly skillful you have to be able to climb the ranks with your one and only true character like Wes and Dire and should be able to do so on ANY stage.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
no pc chris is smarter and willing to do anything to win.

If your playing with a handicap character...you have to have more mind games than your opponent...your opponent like pc-chris picks shiek on game and watch cause he play smart. He had advantage udring character selection screen already.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Germ nice vid *thumbs up* nothing there new, but you show people how badass Link is. Hopefully you come to Texas, so i can play you, compared to all the Link's you dont throw to many projectiles, your the fighting Link and i like that, your the reason i started to play Link...one day ill be known as the mini Germ like DarkRain is mini Isai. But again nice Vid, LoL i liked how you ***** Undisputed in one combo :D

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Well winning with a character that you know has an advantage is not really showing skill or proving your worth it just shows that you know how to exploit that character’s strengths against the other character’s weaknesses that’s all it shows. Does Wes use Link or IC when he plays Isai’s Falcon knowing that Falcon counters Samus? No he doesn’t he sticks by his main and learns how he can better his mind games against that particular matchup even if he knows that he’s at a disadvantage. If you look at the grand scale Wes is 4th best in the country and he always uses Samus against both characters that Samus does well against and does bad against yet he still consistently places high at tournaments and also take a look at where Samus is on the tier list as opposed to Marth and tell me that Wes is not skillful when he uses the same characters in good and bad matchups and WINS. That’s why I see Wes as the best smasher period because he’s skillful with Samus no matter what character he plays and he betters his mind games against counters like Falcon and he’s capable of contending with those characters. PC Chris might have been clever to use Sheik on Dire’s G&W but that doesn’t make him better than Dire because Dire got third using ONLY G&W in the tournament against any and all characters and that takes skill. I’m not saying that PC Chris is not skillful because he did get second, but it takes more skill to win a tournament with one character than to simply counterswitch.

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
I can't stop watching, its like my mind is focused on massive Link combos, and everytime I watch it sparks some thought in my mind. No more Young Link for me after you showed what Link can possess. Dangit, now look what you've gone and done to me Germ! :p

Your throw combos are so sick, doing like 50% damage and ****, thats crazy. You manage to kill a couple people with a 100% combo! You're messing with my mind, this type of stuff isn't possible... Arg, Young Link looks like such a fairy sprinkler in a mini-skirt now, compared to Link. I've switched my character cause of you Germ... happy!? ;)

Edit: And whats the name of that cool Irish music on the beginning?

The GERM

Smash Ace
I'm telling you, Y. Link sux man, Big Daddy Link is the way to go.

The very first song is some song from Infected Mushroom, the second Irish rap song is called "Top O' The Morning To Ya" from House of Pain. And the last song is "Romper Stomper" from the Transplants.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Lord Hdl i beat dire in g&w ditto before hand, and i won our ganon vs G&W money match? lol i used sheik to warm up cuz i was going to use sheik vs wes and ganon is not my main character just my favorite. my main is fox and marth. dires good no doubt bout that but just cuz i counter switch to face him doesent mean hes bettter

PS i didnt chain grab him with sheik

OneAndOnly KIP

Smash Journeyman
here they go again with the one character takes more skill Bull****.. Alright wow u use one character good for you. PC counterpicks because he has practiced with every character and has become familiar with all of them. If it seems so easy then you can counterpick and don't give me that pride bull**** cause in teh end the only thing that matters is who walks away with the $$. Wes and the rest of them are greatly skilled and their mind games are so strong that they can beat characters that counter them but i highly doubt wes would do better vs isai's CF if he used link lets be serious. You can brag about how one character takes more skill but in the end people like PC who took time to master all the characters and use counterpicking to his advantage will place and win $$. cry about it...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Its just a personal preference. Sometimes you have to counterpick to win, and at least where i live, people are more proficent with more characters than one. Just like how I am. And just like how you use Marth.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
who cares what character someone picvks as long as they enjoy the game, I mean if your picking on them cause they use more then one character then your a loser lol. in small local tournaments I just play random why not? I mean it's a local small tourny no reason to go all out, it's just for fun. but in big tournies I go Link only. but if you ask me playing one character is kinda lame, cause liek I dunno it just seems like you make the game work instead of fun.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Okay watched the vid!
Impressive Indeed!
that Links Nair seems to be really good, also your Bair and Fair usage was great too! Link seems to have nice set of aerials,Yup.

It´s kinda nice how you can push your enemy in a situation where the have to shield (or just end up shielding). then you can see it and grab from distance!

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
ken is the best smasher cus of mind games- yes its more honorable to stick wit 1 char but like kip says, "it takes more skill to be good with different characters and pc chris is a total n00b" and i agree (with half of that statement)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
lol all right now this thread is getting weird I’m just going to take cover. :)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey now, don't make fun of PC, that dude uses my Ganon pic for his sig, he can't be all that bad XD.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
This video makes mine look HORRIBLE and S***. Nice job GERM, we all knew you had skills but wow, these chains/combos were so well executed, you can tell you have a veteran of 3 years playing this game. This might get you a definate spot (if not already) representing the West Coast, I don't think anyone would mind that happening! Oh and that thing against Undisputed... amazing. I need to get it on this computer, and last time I found only 1 person on the hub with it, so I hope I can find this again and get to my comp :)

D

Deleted member

i only see one vid mewtwo making...
I don't know what that is. Looks like I'll have to match it.

Expect a Mewtwo tricks vid after BOMB 3. How I'll get it on the internet I don't know...

as for the vid, I'm having trouble finding it...

Top Bottom