• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hunter from Phrygis: Rundas Freezes the battle!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So I made this thread because I want to revive Rundas. He's easily the most popular Metroid character but had fallen into obscurity as of late.

Rundas0.jpg

Rundas is a bounty Hunter from the Phrygis, a moon of Bess III. Rundas uses Cryokenesis, the ability to manipulatie ice, to do his job. Yes, he's essentially Space-Frozone!

Rundas was featured as one of the hunters hired in Metroid Prime 3, alongside Samus, Gohr and Gandrayda, to invesigate the Leviathan Seeds. All of them were eventually infected by Dark Samus' Phazon, turning them against each other. Safe for Samus, none of them survived the game.

So why Rundas and not any of the other hunters?
Rundas, like Samus, seemed to be able to fight the Phazon corruption. He killed several pirates attacking Samus while under control and after being defeated by Samus, instead of waiting for Dark Samus to kill him, he took his own life.
This doesn't make him that exceptionally but makes him stand out from the other characters in the game. Aside from that, he looks cool, he's a hero from Metroid (those are rare aside from Samus) and I Just really want this theme in smash:

Moveset: comming soon.

Join me in the fight to get our icey boy back into the spotlight

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Totally supporting that ! Rundas is a really underrated character, he deserve more attention, he's such an awesome character ! One may say, that he's really COOL !

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Totally supporting that ! Rundas is a really underrated character, he deserve more attention, he's such an awesome character ! One may say, that he's really COOL !
I almost feel like closing down the thread for that pun.
But that'd be a bit coldhearted

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I almost feel like closing down the thread for that pun.
But that'd be a bit coldhearted
Wow ! Way to give me the COLD Shoulder here ! Not COOL ! Thought you would be ICER with a Thread like this ! Thought that little puns like these were SNOW problem, but it look like I didn't quite BREAK THE ICE

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Wow ! Way to give me the COLD Shoulder here ! Not COOL ! Thought you would be ICER with a Thread like this ! Thought that little puns like these were SNOW problem, but it look like I didn't quite BREAK THE ICE
You're on thin ice treading on such a slippery slope.
I'm shivering to see what you'll do next,

Aah, I'm out of puns
Brainfreeze, if you Will

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
You're on thin ice treading on such a slippery slope.
I'm shivering to see what you'll do next,

Aah, I'm out of puns
Brainfreeze, if you Will
Brainfreeze uh ? I know we both Lava those Ice puns, but you need a Hot topic to heal from that freeze, now that I'm all warmed up, it should be easier, what do you say, are you also fired up for those ?

D

Deleted member

I love Rundas!

An ice-themed fighter would be really welcomed in Smash and as a Metroid fan I feel he would be a great choice!

Top Bottom