• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hp of the orbiters?

Qina

Smash Rookie
So Pit's guardian orbiters are still breakable. It doesn't feel like it since it shrinks, then regrows when you do it again.

However I was reflecting a max aura lucario's aura sphere for forever and it didn't break at all. However it -did- end up breaking by clashing with the charge up for a long enough period of time. It took approx 12-14seconds for it to regrow afterwards.

That said, I still find all this wild. It's so much more reliable to reflect things. Plus apparently instead of being able to reverse/bounce it before you can now just drift in the air with it.

Anyone able to workshop this better than I can?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm not sure of its HP yet, but the reason it didn't break on reflecting aura sphere is projectiles don't damage it. It only breaks on physical hits that it can't reflect. I'll do some testing on how strong it is in a bit.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Adding a reminder in addition to the above, unless something has changed from Smash 4, reflectors cannot reflect projectiles that do 50% or more. Only influences a handful of matchups (Mewtwo, Villager, and like, maybe Zelda?), but still something to be wary of!

Qina

Smash Rookie
Adding a reminder in addition to the above, unless something has changed from Smash 4, reflectors cannot reflect projectiles that do 50% or more. Only influences a handful of matchups (Mewtwo, Villager, and like, maybe Zelda?), but still something to be wary of!
I believe they can? I was dealing with a max aura lucario and reflecting things just fine.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
Things I have reflected as Pit, now keep in mind I didnt use him in smash 4. These are things I found really odd that his Orbiters reflected.

Palutena's Explosive flame (useless but good to know if you're in a situation you cant get out of.)
Isabelle's Lloyd and Fishing rod
Zelda's knight

BTW all the reflects I mentioned dont break the Orbiters

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom