• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The How to Unlock Everything Thread

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm tired of it all, seeing 20 thousand of these. So, I'll get it started

I don't have brawl on hand at the moment, but I'll update this post. When I can I'll start copying it from the ones I've unlocked from the Collectables menu options

Characters
*All characters can be unlocked in SSE
Captain Falcon - Beat Classic in 12 minutes or less OR 70 VS matches
Falco - Beat 100-man Brawl OR 50 VS matches
Ganondorf - Clear Classic on Hard with Link or Zelda OR Play 200 VS Matches
Jigglypuff - Complete Classic Mode with any character other than Ike or Complete 20 Events after beating SSE or 350 VS matches
Lucario - Complete 5 Target Tests with any character or 100 VS matches
Luigi - Complete Classic Mode on Easy without continues or 22 VS matches
Marth - Finish Classic on any difficulty OR 10 VS matches
Mr. Game & Watch - Beat Classic mode with Every character (Starting Roster?) or 250 VS matches
Ness - Reflect ten projecticles OR 5 VS matches
R.O.B. (Robot) - Get 250 different Trophies OR 150 VS matches
Snake - 15 matches on Shadow Moses Island OR 130 VS matches
Sonic - Run 30,000ft OR 300 VS Matches
Toon Link - Beat the Classic mode after beating SSE OR 400 VS matches
Wolf - Unlock in SSE (in the stage "The Ruins" skip the first door you pass when being lowered in to the pit. Instead enter the second door at the bottom) or 450 VS matches

Stages
75m - Brawl as Donkey Kong 20 times
Big Blue (Melee) - Brawl as Captain Falcon 10 times
Electroplankton Stage - Complete Event #28
Flat Zone 2 - Unlock Mr. Game & Watch
Great Sea - Unlock Toon Link
Green Greens - Fight as Kirby in VS mode 20 times
Green Hill Zone - Unlock Sonic
Jungle Japes - Play on any Melee stage 10 times in VS Mode
Luigi's Mansion - Use Luigi in brawl 3 times
Mario Bros - Beat Challenge #19
Pokémon Stadium - Play on Pokémon Stadium 2 10 times in VS Mode
Spear Pillar - Clear stage #25 in Event Mode

CDs
02 (Zero Two) Boss Theme (Kirby 64) - Have a total of 5000 coins collected in vs. coin matches
100-Man Melee 1 - Clear 100-Man Brawl under 4 minutes
3D Hot Rally Title - Clear Target Level 5 With Anyone
Bob-Omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64) - Have a total of 50 hours of vs. gameplay
Dream Chaser - Play 10 vs. matches on Port Town
Ending (Metroid) - Play 10 vs. matches on Norfair
Excite Truck - Complete Target Test Lv.2 under 19 seconds with any character
Fire Field - Complete Event #24
Frozen Hillside - Play on the Halberd stage 10 times in VS mode
Goruda - Play 10 vs. matches on Halberd
Great Temple - Complete Event #33 on Difficult
His World - Play 10 vs. matches on Green Hill Zone
His World (Instrumental) Play 10 vs. matches on Green Hill Zone
Ice Climbers (Melee) - Clear Classic Mode on Easy with any character
Ike's Theme - Find Ike in the Subspace Emissary
King Dedede's Theme - Complete Event #15
Kuru Kuru Land - Get a distance of 400m in Home-Run Contest with one character
Legendary Air Rider Machine - Complete Event #13
Love Song (commercial version) - Get a combined distance of 12500m in Home-Run Contest
Mach Rider (melee version) - Defeat 50 alloys in Endless Multi-Man Brawl
Menu 2 - Unlock All 35 Characters
Metroid Prime 2: Multi-Play - Play 10 vs. matches on Frigate Orpheon
Mountain and Forest - Complete Event #18 on Difficult
Peach Castle (Melee) - Unlock all Melee stages
Pokémon Center Collect 200 stickers
Powerhungry Fool - Play 10 vs. matches on Castle Siege
Road to Tokiwa - Complete Event #8
Snake Eater - Play 15 vs. matches on Shadow Moses Island
Song of Storms - Complete Event #37
Staff Credits Music - Clear Classic Mode on Difficult
Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) - Complete Event #38 on Difficult
Taru Taru Highlands - Clear All-Star Mode on Easy
Underwater BGM (Super Mario Bros) - Play 10 vs. matches on Mushroomy Kingdom

Trophies

Others
All-Star Mode - Unlock all characters
Boss Battle Mode - Beat SSE
Edit Parts A - Play 10 vs. matches on Stage Builder Stages
Edit Parts B - Create 5 Stages in Stage Builder
Edit Parts C - Create 15 Stages in Stage Builder
Donkey Kong VC - Exceed 10 hours of play time
F-zero VC - Beat SSE having used captain Falcon
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time VC - Use Toon Link over 10 times
Super Mario USA VC - Win 5 Regular VS Battles with Peach
Super Mario World VC - Play yoshi's Island (melee) over 3 times
Level 2 (Medium) - Beat Classic Mode twice on Easy or once on Medium
Level 3 (Hard) - Beat Classic Mode twice on Medium or once on Hard
Level 4 (Very Hard) - Beat Classic Mode twice on Hard or once on Very Hard
Level 5 (Intense) - Beat Classic Mode twice on Very Hard or once on Intense
Random Stage Select - Unlock All Stages AND already have Advanced Options

Lime = Verified
Cyan = Unsure

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Me and some friends were trying to unlock stuff last night, and I think the Toon Link and Jiggly are wrong. We tried those methods, but to no avail. Both the Event match AND the Classic mode thing for Jiggs did not work. And we unlocked 2 other characters trying to get Toon link, but no luck.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
As I said, I copypasta this from *scoff** Gamefaqs so I'm expecting to see lots of corrections made.
I'll color coordinate what's confirmed, what's not.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
anybody have the real way to get toon link and jigglypuff?
In the JPN version, I got them from SSE
In the US, I beat SSE, and got YL after beating Very Hard mode with Ike
And I got Jiggly by beating an Event Match.
Wolf by SSE

usea

Smash Ace
I've beaten events 1-20 and jigglypuff is still not unlocked. You have to beat SSE first or something. (I've only played SSE for 5 minutes, it's horrible)

Fox_Makenshi

Smash Rookie
I beat SSE, you can get Toon Link by beating Classic with Link. Here's the catch though (speculation) if you meet the requirements to unlock any other characters you'll fight them instead. Unfortunately with Jiggly I beat SSE, beat Classic with Samus, Fox, Ike and Link and didn't have a chance to get Jiggly at all.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
I unlocked Toon Link by playing through classic on normal mode. However, this was after I had completed the SSE, so it's possible that you need to complete SSE before you can unlock Toon Link.

I unlocked Lucario, Snake, Falco, Falcon, Ganondorf and Sonic through the SSE. In fact everyone can be easily unlocked through SSE just by playing through it (except for Toon Link, Jiggly, and Wolf, which are well hidden).

StellaNova

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff IS obtainable after u finish SSE and after you complete events 1-20.
Also, Toon Link is obtainable after SSE and after completing classic mode with Link.
These both work.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
i have all the stages and characters but i still cant do random stage select. as if in turn off stages i dont like.

i was checking all over the brawl rules section.

am i just looking in the wrong place or is there more to be done to unlock it?

enzo_gt

Smash Rookie
Wait, Sonic unlocked at running 30 000 ft? This must be what some people have been saying how they unlocked sonic early. Does it also count player #2, #3 and #4s' distance travelled when your trying to unlock him in VS matches?

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
You can unlock EVERY character through the VS. mode.

An easy way to do this (though very, very repetitive) is to go into special brawl, select STAMINA and FLOWER as your only 2 options. Once in the character select screen, select a computer character and set their Stamina (HP) to 1. Set your own to anything higher than 1. All matches will last less than a few seconds as the computer will die immediately. Keep repeating until the character(s) you want are unlocked. Again, this is the fastest possible way to unlock every character.

Ness - 5 matches
Marth - 10 matches
Snake - 15 matches (all 15 must be played on Shadow Moses Island)
Luigi - 25 matches
Falco - 50 matches
Captain Falcon - 70 matches
Lucario - 100 matches
R.O.B. - 150 matches
Ganondorf - 200 matches
Mr. Game & Watch - 250 matches
Sonic - 300 matches
Jigglypuff - 350 matches
Toon Link - 400 matches
Wolf - 450 matches

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
god, I don't even know how to unlock advanced settings in brawl.....

yep that's right they stoled mine, I was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock that?
I think it's 500 KOs in VS matches. I'm not sure yet.

D

Deleted member

I can verify that you lock Spear Pillar for beating Event 25, and Mario Bros for beating Event 19. All-Star Mode is unlocked when you unlock every character.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
You can unlock EVERY character through the VS. mode.

An easy way to do this (though very, very repetitive) is to go into special brawl, select STAMINA and FLOWER as your only 2 options. Once in the character select screen, select a computer character and set their Stamina (HP) to 1. Set your own to anything higher than 1. All matches will last less than a few seconds as the computer will die immediately. Keep repeating until the character(s) you want are unlocked. Again, this is the fastest possible way to unlock every character.

Ness - 5 matches
Marth - 10 matches
Snake - 15 matches (all 15 must be played on Shadow Moses Island)
Luigi - 22 matches
Falco - 50 matches
Captain Falcon - 70 matches
Lucario - 100 matches
R.O.B. - 150 matches
Ganondorf - 200 matches
Mr. Game & Watch - 250 matches
Sonic - 300 matches
Jigglypuff - 350 matches
Toon Link - 400 matches
Wolf - 450 matches
Bolded for clarity.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is ANY 20 Solo Events. Go to Data, Notices and check how you unlocked her. I didn't complete Event 20, i just did 20 of them.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
I beat the first 20 event matches (before SSE) on easy and did not get Jiggly. No problem since I just did sse, though.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
The 30,000ft for sonic is wrong. That got us the Tails trophy...and Sonic did not show up until quite a while later...and I still doubt the Toon Link thing...why would you have to wait until after SSE if you can get him IN SSE? (I'm guessing he's optional to get...please don't tell me, I'm trying to have no SSE spoilers...promised my little bro.)

Jala47

Smash Rookie
Sonic - Run 30,000ft OR 300 VS Matches

By 300 vs matches do you mean matches in general or Brawls?

Because I unlocked Sonic last night after beating classic mode on Normal with Luigi.

Also is there any way to check how many ft you've run?

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Is the "His World" song with lyrics in Brawl???

I looked on some unlock topics and they say it and the instrumental are locked when playing on Green Hill 10 times. However, I only unlocked the instrumental. Is the one with the lyrics in the game?? Thanks!!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The 30,000ft for sonic is wrong. That got us the Tails trophy...and Sonic did not show up until quite a while later...and I still doubt the Toon Link thing...why would you have to wait until after SSE if you can get him IN SSE? (I'm guessing he's optional to get...please don't tell me, I'm trying to have no SSE spoilers...promised my little bro.)
I won't spoil anything but that means I can't give you answers. You can help us out. Go to Data and see what Notices appears up until you got Sonic in Classic Mode.

I'm unlocking all the things in Collections. I've had the Japanese version since launch and have played Wi-Fi to death, so I'm just focusing on that. I beat SSE in less than 5 hours with 96% completion.

What sucks is that you can't back up your memory card save, so I can't choose to erase and find out how to unlock Jiggly without irreversible erasing my memory card. Of course, I'm not sure of that, and it's just from information I've gathered from around the boards.

D

Deleted member

lol at mistyping part of my last post...

You unlock Spear Pillar for beating Event 25, unlock 75m by playing as DK 20 times, unlock Big Blue (Melee) by playing as C.Falcon 10 times, unlock Green Greens (Melee) by playing as Kirby 20 times, unlock Mario Bros by beating Event 19, unlock Green Hill Zone for unlocking Sonic, unlock Flat Zone 2 for unlocking G&W, unlock Pokemon Stadium by playing on Pokemon Stadium 20 times, unlock Great Sea by unlocking Toon Link, and unlock Luigi's Mansion by playing as Luigi 3 times.

Not sure about the other stages, but those I'm sure of.

Your Therapist

Smash Rookie
You can also unlock Wolf by beating Boss Battles Mode on any difficulty with Fox AFTER completing SSE.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Getting all the stages is not the only requisite to have stage select. I don't have stage select, just noticed. I also don't have the advanced options so maybe you need that.

J18

Smash Journeyman
the 30,000 feet sonic thing is wrong. you get a tails trophy at 30,000 feet, and i've been testing to see if the running distance works for sonic. still no luck after 40 minutes of running.

and by the way we need some real freakin confirmation for the running thing, cuz it'd better be true or i'm gonna be pissed.

if it isn't true i'll just spend an hour doing 9 more classic modes =[=[=[

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten all characters through doing VS. matches. Although, the last few I did the lame thing where you do Stamina Flower Fast Mode because I really wanted to get Wolf, and SSE is not high on my priority list.

I just got Stage Select at the same time as I unlocked the last stage also. I'm pretty sure that is what triggers it. Although, as somebody else said, unlocking the advanced options as a prerequisite seems realistic.

And the running thing for Sonic is definately wrong. That's how you get the Tails trophy. And I'm pretty sure we got Sonic before the Tails trophy.

.nemesis

Smash Rookie
can someone go into a little more detail on how to get wolf i went through the whole ruins level and never saw a pit i was lowered into or a door in one to pass if anyone could let me know a little more about it id appreciate it

Top Bottom