• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hobbit!! /Edited Feb. 18, 2008

mario-man

Smash Lord
Anyways, I was on IGN, and I saw this article

http://movies.ign.com/articles/849/849112p1.html

YEAYUHHZ!!! The Hobbit confirmed for movie theaters!!!! Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer!! yessss!!

thoughts and discussion.

Well, there is now a small forum for this on a sub-site of lord of the rings.net

http://community.thehobbitsite.com/Content/Discussions/DiscussionBoard.aspx?catId=5190

they discuss a whole lot of things which are very good for, well, ...discussion lol

The one that I just read was the one about who should do the soundtrack. There are a few posts in that thread that a guy gives out some of his own music for the "Dwarf Song" in the book. I dl'ed it and listened (obviously), and I thought it was okay, but it was like middle easterny feeling and not very fantasy sounding. I had a personal favorite version of that song already. If anyone has ever seen the old animated version of the hobbit (don't recommend it for any reason except for that song), then you know what I'm talking about. I actually REALLY loved the version from that movie. I thought it fit really well if not perfectly. What do you guys think, to those of you who have heard the old version?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
both The Hobbit and another film based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien for New Line Cinema and MGM. Del Toro has now been announced as having officially signed on to direct the two films.
Oh My Gosh.
that second film better be The Children of Hurin, or something from the Silmarillion.

thanks for sharing ^_^

mario-man

Smash Lord
I actually never got to read the Silmarillian. Is it worth reading cuz it's like 400+ pgs of history it seems like. If I'm wrong, make sure and tell me cuz I love LOTR and The Hobbit. I'm a huge fan!!

You're welcome btw lol

graves

Smash Journeyman
YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the hobbit and lord of the rings!!!
I hope It's really good!!!!!

antimatter

Smash Lord
Oh My Gosh.
that second film better be The Children of Hurin, or something from the Silmarillion.
unfortunately, it is just the hobbit split into two parts. how do i know? umm, well... hey look a monkey! *teleports away* seriously though, it is just the one story split in half.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well Jackson screwed up the LotR movies by a lot of fan perspectives. Plus, he's insane right now.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I actually never got to read the Silmarillian. Is it worth reading cuz it's like 400+ pgs of history it seems like. If I'm wrong, make sure and tell me cuz I love LOTR and The Hobbit. I'm a huge fan!!
If you're a casual Tolkien reader, I'd suggest The Children of Hurin. A different version of the story can be found in The Silmarillion. The Sil is my favorite book, but I never recommend it to anyone. If you do read it, don't let all of the names intimidate you. A lot of it is history, but it does really come alive.

unfortunately, it is just the hobbit split into two parts. how do i know? umm, well... hey look a monkey! *teleports away* seriously though, it is just the one story split in half.
How do you know?... Methinks you are Peter Jackson who is intrigued by the fact that SmashBoards Moderator Crimson King stated that you are currently insane.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i know because it was reported as such in the Kalamazoo Gazette, a fine paper despite not being as widely published as the New York Times or other purchaseable news reporting paper bundles. and calling me Peter Jackson is giving me too much credit.

mario-man

Smash Lord
If it is just the Hobbit in two parts, then it'll be better than I would have EVER thought it could be!! Cuz that means that they're not taking too much important stuff out.

@ Crimson King
I don't see why people thought he screwed up. I mean, I'm a huge fan and sure, I was a little disappointed in the ending of the last movie, but I realized why they did it that way. Sure, there were things in the books which didn't show up in the movie, but c'mon ppl, the books are 350-400 and some pages long. You can't make a five hour movie, and you can't squeeze ALL OF IT into a 3+ hour movie. Considering this, I thought he/they did an EXCELLENT job!! It couldn't have really been done a whole lot better if ANY better.

As for the insane part, I guess I hadn't heard anything like that. Maybe I need to pay more attention to it from now on. Honestly, I don't really care who does it, as long as it's good.

I was thinking of reading the Hobbit again, but I may go read the Silmarillion instead. I tried to read it like 5 years ago, but something happened. Idk what it was, wether I was too young to take in all those names and history or what. But, I think I'll try again.

mario-man

Smash Lord
double post for yellow arrow lol ^^^check first post for new possible discussion. also, any other topics regarding the two movies coming out are welcome from anyone.

Top Bottom