• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The Hero of the Wild - Smash Ultimate Link Metagame Thread

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Sorry that I haven't been active for so long. Been so busy with work an college lately that I haven't been able post anything on this thread.

In the meantime, the 5th dlc character Byleth is now out and with it the new 7.0.0 balance patch is out.

Here's the link to the official 7.0.0 patch notes changes:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...imate-update-ver.-7.0.0---fighter-adjustments

Here's also a side-by-side comparison of the 7.0.0 patach:

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
For those who haven't heard about this, a new Link Bomb Loop Infinite was discovered a few months ago and has caught the the attention of GimR, who has gone his way to make an entire video explaining all about it.

Here's GimR video discussing about Link's Bomb Loop Infinite:

And here's a step by step guide that goes over on how to perform it.

Let me point out that this infinite is extremely hard to pull of as there's a lot of technical skill involved.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
GimR also made this video about a Phantom Footstool tech which is worth watching as this tech can help you get out in certain disadvantage situations

D

Deleted member

Really cool ideas for Link awesome. Stuff for his combos.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Don't you get irritated by characters who not only have a fast UpB OOS option but also have a multi-hits to cover your attempts at getting a big punish on them after blocking their UpB OOS option such as Cloud UpB or Chrom's UpB? Well this technique may just be the solution to these problems, and it requires a minimum effort to pull off!

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Don't you get irritated by characters who not only have a fast UpB OOS option but also have a multi-hits to cover your attempts at getting a big punish on them after blocking their UpB OOS option such as Cloud UpB or Chrom's UpB? Well this technique may just be the solution to these problems, and it requires a minimum effort to pull off!

No offense, but you DO know there is a simple solution to avoiding an on-ground spin attack, right?

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Hello fellow Link mains! I have created a survey in which you can submit matchup feedback. This is going to be a community discussion, so hopefully I'll get enough responses to create a community-based matchup chart. Here's the link: https://forms.gle/uBuN2fXv1bkEV1tT9
Excuse me, but i don't know all the terminology of smash. What does it mean those numbers? like 90-10

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
My friend LxZ Link just posted a new guide on BOTW Link. Be sure to check it out if you're aiming to improve with Link by learning his advanced combos!

Last edited:

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Just found this out this new BOTW Link Tech posted on twitter discovered by FURY | RaZe.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
From the looks of it. This tech not only acts as an effective Edge Guarding method, but it also has a way to lead itself into Link's Remote Bomb Ledge Trap situation as demonstrated in this clip below.

Last edited:

DigsbytheLink

Smash Rookie
Excuse me, but i don't know all the terminology of smash. What does it mean those numbers? like 90-10
It's basically a way to tell how badly a character beats another. Like 50/50 would be even, 55/45 would be slightly in your character's favor, 45/55 would be slightly in (x) character's favor 90-10 would be almost unwinnable for the opposing character, etc. All of these numbers in my chart are for more variety so I can tell how badly a character beats Link or how badly Link beats a character.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
For those who have trouble dealing with Megaman's Crash Bomber (Aka SideB) he's a Twitch clip that showcases how you can avoid it.

Top Bottom