• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not to mention we've got a freaking Gotenks attack in there in the form of Kamikaze!
It's pretty cool, but i think it makes you lose a stock, so it's mostly something you'd use when you're really high percent i think

Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Guys, what is your currently most wanted?(Of course probably will be a less intense need that was The Hero for most)
Mine is Metabee from Medarot/Medabot. I want really hard to get a new game from that series on Switch that comes to the west.
My brother, as he already have Joker in, most wanted is Viewtiful Joe. And he too wants pretty bad a new main game for his series.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Guys, what is your currently most wanted?(Of course probably will be a less intense need that was The Hero for most)
Mine is Metabee from Medarot/Medabot. I want really hard to get a new game from that series on Switch that comes to the west.
My brother, as he already have Joker in, most wanted is Viewtiful Joe. And he too wants pretty bad a new main game for his series.
Not much really. DQ is almost as high as it gets for me.
Only character I’d want more, would be Mike Jones from StarTropics.

The positive is: 1st party character that survived Galeem.
The negative is: Galeem probably doesn’t know he exists because StarTropics was developed for the west only. :p

Another character I want almost as bad as I wanted DQ Hero is Doomguy. I’m glad the gates (of hell) have opened for his possible inclusion, and that he’s as relevant as ever. Not sure on his chances though.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
i can ask him if you like

but i feel it's a really obvious conclusion that the Female alt. was likely cut
either it wasn't looking right over all the heroes frames or timely costs

i think Sakurai could potentially even bring it up in the next Famitsu column as well, like how leaks once say Simon was a ballot influence (which became true)
At the very least, it would be closure for my soul. lol. I am curious, especially since it seems like such an obvious inclusion.

Only reason I can think it would have been scrapped is because Sakurai would have been against having the female Alts sharing a Final Smash, Taunts and Victory animations (And possibly height). Like, wanting the female alts to have their own flair. I really am praying for that miracle Heroine "Echo Fighter" to happen. >_>

Sorry to be again the crazy dude with the corkboard, but a thing that just come to my thoughts. I was told by a Banjo supporter on Twitter that Arsene before getting the codename Doyle was called Frost, so the Jack Frost claim of the 5ch could be referring to him. And judging by how early it come in the development time it make sense.
This is something that needs to be sourced. I can't believe this without any backing.

My most Wanted for 17 years was Ridley. K Rool was a runner up. After that my most wanteds have changed quite a bit, but as it Stands now, Ashley is my current most wanted. Until She's in, I won't be able to consider the Smash Roster perfect.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
My most wanted is still Isaac(Golden Sun) even though he's a AT. Funny how Ken and Banjo-Kazooie are the only ones from that fake leak to make the cut. Other than him, I'd like someone from Resident Evil, and Rayman.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
How do you guys think tension is going to work in Smash?

The 1:1 from the games or what?
Do you think it'll only effect knockback? damage? or both....

The way I see it: Psyche Up will have a "short" charge up time to build tension, this can be interrupted obviously.
Charges from 5,20,50,100 just like in-game. However when hit during ANY part of the charging time you will be sent back to zero.(This is only done by attacks that cause knockback or make you flinch)

but like, getting to 100 tension I see is very risky and all...but 7.5x damage OR knockback does seem insane. (Granted, it's only for one hit...)

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

The way I see it: Psyche Up will have a "short" charge up time to build tension, this can be interrupted obviously.
Charges from 5,20,50,100 just like in-game. However when hit during ANY part of the charging time you will be sent back to zero.(This is only done by attacks that cause knockback or make you flinch)

but like, getting to 100 tension I see is very risky and all...but 7.5x damage OR knockback does seem insane. (Granted, it's only for one hit...)
The only thing I'm 100% sure is that Eight become Super Kaioken with it for sure.

Would be nice if we can cast buff spells on our Teammates it would put The Hero high in Team Battles.

Calane

Smash Ace
This looks so cool.

Also, there's a new trailer for DQXI S. It's in Japanese, though.

I'm still amazed that DQ actually made it into Smash. They did an absolutely amazing job with the character(s) as well. I've been in such a good mood since the reveal, and it's pretty rare for me to stay happy for so long.

I probably won't be around much anymore (the whole experience getting to this point has left me exhausted), but I'll probably still stop by every now and again.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This looks so cool.

Also, there's a new trailer for DQXI S. It's in Japanese, though.

I'm still amazed that DQ actually made it into Smash. They did an absolutely amazing job with the character(s) as well. I've been in such a good mood since the reveal, and it's pretty rare for me to stay happy for so long.

I probably won't be around much anymore (the whole experience getting to this point has left me exhausted), but I'll probably still stop by every now and again.
That's beautiful! Almost everyone is there.
I feel like we should send Sakurai a thank you letter as well, and Yuji Horii? Show them us Gaijin do appreciate DQ in Smash! :D

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Not much really. DQ is almost as high as it gets for me.
Only character I’d want more, would be Mike Jones from StarTropics.

The positive is: 1st party character that survived Galeem.
The negative is: Galeem probably doesn’t know he exists because StarTropics was developed for the west only. :p

Another character I want almost as bad as I wanted DQ Hero is Doomguy. I’m glad the gates (of hell) have opened for his possible inclusion, and that he’s as relevant as ever. Not sure on his chances though.
Bruh

You just triggered my inner child.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm kinda running out it gets harder to think of stuff I want left but if I had some more characters I'd go with
Lloyd
Ryu Hayabusa
Dante
Sora
Master Chief
Flynn or any other Shin Megami Tensei persona ain't enough lol
And the rest are just echos like impa medusa ms pacman bayonetta rival Jeanne and thats it for me this is all I want 3rd party wise 1st party is kinda hard since I only want a few and anyone I did want is now an assist trophie

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash Bandicoot.
Just Crash Bandicoot and hopefully Coco as an alt.

That's beautiful! Almost everyone is there.
I feel like we should send Sakurai a thank you letter as well, and Yuji Horii? Show them us Gaijin do appreciate DQ in Smash! :D
Yes please!
The Banjo supporters did one too!

Maybe we could even get the people from NomadLuminary NomadLuminary ’s Discord to be part of the letter!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bomberman, but he's currently not happening anymore until the next Smash game.

The only other character who would make me flip out like BK and Erdrick would be Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Hat Kid from A Hat in Time. Both are fairly impossible so I'm pretty content for a long time. I highly doubt the next Smash game will be as good as Ultimate, especially if they make cuts, and doubly especially if they cut K. Rool, BK, and Erdrick.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Bomberman, but he's currently not happening anymore until the next Smash game.

The only other character who would make me flip out like BK and Erdrick would be Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Hat Kid from A Hat in Time. Both are fairly impossible so I'm pretty content for a long time. I highly doubt the next Smash game will be as good as Ultimate, especially if they make cuts, and doubly especially if they cut K. Rool, BK, and Erdrick.
That's why I want more dlc packs who is gonna care about the next game when this is ultimate i mean go up to 100 we're almost there it's silly but why not

D

Deleted member

That's why I want more dlc packs who is gonna care about the next game when this is ultimate i mean go up to 100 we're almost there it's silly but why not
Because Sakurai needs a break.

Accurate depictions of Sakurai's development of Ultimate

Though, nothing is technically stopping someone from taking his place for more DLC

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Because Sakurai needs a break.

Accurate depictions of Sakurai's development of Ultimate

Though, nothing is technically stopping someone from taking his place for more DLC
I would like to see him just supervise and have others do it I'd also like to see namco get something for all there hard work same with Koei Tecmo for helping with fire emblem they both deserve something in smash

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I like the fact that they use Erdrick to show the Final Smash.

I would like to see him just supervise and have others do it I'd also like to see namco get something for all there hard work same with Koei Tecmo for helping with fire emblem they both deserve something in smash
Plus most of the 1st party character wouldn't needs to come with a new stage; I imagine that would drastically reduce the workload.

-------
My most wanted 1st Party) right now are:

Currently as an Assist Trophy: Isaac
Currently as a Spirit: Dixie Kong

For 3rd Parties:
Realistic: Kazuya Mishima
Unlikely: Adol Christin
Pipe Dream: A Suikoden protagonist, I don't mind who would it be (as long as it comes with a Flik mii costume)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I like the fact that they use Erdrick to show the Final Smash.

Plus most of the 1st party character wouldn't needs to come with a new stage; I imagine that would drastically reduce the workload.

-------
My most wanted 1st Party) right now are:

Currently as an Assist Trophy: Isaac
Currently as a Spirit: Dixie Kong

For 3rd Parties:
Realistic: Kazuya Mishima
Unlikely: Adol Christin
Pipe Dream: A Suikoden protagonist, I don't mind who would it be (as long as it comes with a Flik mii costume)
Dixie needs to be here now that banjo is here its mad disrespectful that people want funky and cranky before diddy's girl like come one shes one of those should have been in what took you so long picks like banjo

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was checking some japanese tweets again to see if more people talked about female heroes, and quite a bit of people mention they wanted Sofia for dq4.
She's still being shown in modern stuff, so it makes sense that people think about her. Also quite a few surprised that anlucia isn't in the final smash and they have the male avatar hero there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I know something as a Crash fan, it would be that where there’s demand and huge profit... stuff will happen.

It is possible that if there’s both a huge demand for female characters who could be added as echos while the DLC sells pretty well, Nintendo will attempt to answer the demand.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If I know something as a Crash fan, it would be that where there’s demand and huge profit... stuff will happen.

It is possible that if there’s both a huge demand for female characters who could be added as echos while the DLC sells pretty well, Nintendo will attempt to answer the demand.
Like I mentioned before I think it could be as simple as that it's already there and they havent shown it off yet. Doesnt even have to be an echo.

That they only put male characters in the final smash could be a hint that we havent seen everything.

D

Deleted member

Like I mentioned before I think it could be as simple as that it's already there and they havent shown it off yet. Doesnt even have to be an echo.

That they only put male characters in the final smash could be a hint that we havent seen everything.
If they are keeping some secrets and they are actually pulling a Smash 4 Little Mac regarding the number of alts... I would be even more hyped, ngl.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If they are keeping some secrets and they are actually pulling a Smash 4 Little Mac regarding the number of alts... I would be even more hyped, ngl.
I'm mostly counting on sakurai to tell us what's what when he details the character. He said he would before the release.
whether it's just one costume or a new set of them, or an echo or something even simpler, or that he at least tells us what's happened, i'd like to hear about it from him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm mostly counting on sakurai to tell us what's what when he details the character. He said he would before the release.
whether it's just one costume or a new set of them, or an echo or something even simpler, or that he at least tells us what's happened, i'd like to hear about it from him
Same.
Him revealing even more DQ content would be hype news for me.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Still waiting for a new Final Fantasy rep. I am excited to play as The Hero however, specifically his Erdrick alternate costume from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds Of Salvation. Leaks and I go a long way. (Even though I'm not a leaker myself, I had already planned the Smash Ultimate roster YEARS before the game came out! Well, except the two last Fighter Pass characters, but we'll eventually see to that.)

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

my hopes is that it's basically instant version of revenge stacking, but unlike Incineroar, you can easily lose it with a single hit.
also trying to get to 100 per attempt would be a waste of MP, but lucky if nothing goes wrong

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'd love that! King K. Rool supporters did one, and Banjo supporters are doing one now. I don't know how they send it but maybe someone from those groups can help.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
At this point, I think it's a given that the music used for Smash will likely just be the orchestral mixes of the songs. I doubt we'll be getting any Smash remixes.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
At this point, I think it's a given that the music used for Smash will likely just be the orchestral mixes of the songs. I doubt we'll be getting any Smash remixes.
that's fine as long as we get more than two we need 4,8 and 11s music since we have a 3 song and the main theme is for all the games I hope Enix saw what Konami did and goes crazy and makes Sugiyama put a lot in people would still go to see his stuff live he doesn't have to worry

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For real? I saw one where three dudes lost their minds.
Haha! I would love to see that!

I still can’t believe we live in a timeline where Dragon Quest Heroes (specifically Erdrick and Eight) and Banjo-Kazooie are actually in Smash.

I see them in the trailers and on the Smash website. I can’t believe it’s real. I love them so much!

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I'm with a good feeling of a shadow drop today, like Joker's, with that Link's Awakening Spirit Event. Oh, probably Homerun Contest will be with the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom