• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andree123

Smash Ace
Now seeing as Erdrick and Luminary are now confirmed to be the same character, so I am done watching with this thread.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
CONGRATS BOYS! You got the whole package right there. Dragon Quest is a long running classic series, so this is honestly a very great rep.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No Femdrick or Sophia makes me sad (especially the former since it would've been another comeback situation like Leaf), but Hero looks really solid. I literally was not expecting Luminary to be the default rep for Dragon Quest considering Erdrick's Japanese popularity! But I suppose it makes sense considering DQXI is being heavily pushed by SE and Nintendo.

He looks fun though!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No Femdrick or Sophia makes me sad (especially the former since it would've been another comeback situation like Leaf), but Hero looks really solid. I literally was not expecting Luminary to be the default rep for Dragon Quest considering Erdrick's Japanese popularity! But I suppose it makes sense considering DQXI is being heavily pushed by SE and Nintendo.

He looks fun though!
I think they only showed one form just to not put too much in it. I wont say im not worried, but it's definitely easy for the female alts to be there. we just need more info. We might even see them in the tree house.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
LETS ****ING GO! Erdrick and Eight!?! Hell yeah! Love how they call them “Hero” as well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think they only showed one form just to not put too much in it. I wont say im not worried, but it's definitely easy for the female alts to be there. we just need more info. We might even see them in the tree house.
I kinda feel that if they were in, they'd have to be included in the reveal trailer, since they typically reveal everything about the newcomer. They did that with Robin and Corrin, after all.

Oh well, even if they really aren't in, I'm still happy with the amount of representation we got, even if I prefer Sophia to Solo.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
They haven't even shown the Alts, so dont count out Female alts.
Erdrick, Femdrick
Solo, Sofia
Eight, ???
Luminary, Erdwins Armor?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I kinda feel that if they were in, they'd have to be included in the reveal trailer, since they typically reveal everything about the newcomer. They did that with Robin and Corrin, after all.

Oh well, even if they really aren't in, I'm still happy with the amount of representation we got, even if I prefer Sophia to Solo.
It was really just a reveal trailer. The impact came from showing the main heroes.

It's too easy to add them as alts, so I still expect them to be there, even if im worried a little.
We just have to see more about them! i want to believe.

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Seeing a lot of Smash fans disappointed :^) That's a shame huh
Atleast im happy :^) not every reveal is gonna appeal to everyone

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to all of the DQ fans getting some of their characters. Their gameplay looked pretty fun and will most likely use the Erdrick alt.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I knew it, Erdrick (and co) for the East, Banjo for the west.
Made sense

Calane

Smash Ace
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WE MADE IT!! HOLY CRAP, WE MADE IT!!!

I almost freaking cried watching it!!

grizby2

Smash Lord
hey guys! congrats! I guess he was talked about so much they had no choice but to put him in XD.

also.. A FREAKING SLEEP PROJECTILE?! FREAKING LORD!

D

Deleted member

DQ3end.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1dYDo1kRgw
What an amazing way to end this wild ride.
Rewatching the trailer it looks like the hero will have a spell menu and MP, so I'm curious to see how that will be implemented. The stage also looks really cool, and the orchestral music in the trailer makes me hopeful that it's what we'll see in the game.

God damn, this still hasn't quite settled in for me yet. That trailer was AMAZING, and I'm so glad to see ALL the heroes (even if they're not all playable).

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to drop by to congratulate everyone for the inclusion of Erd- er- "The Hero". I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of the DQ character so far, and I hope everyone here who has supported him enjoys him as well!

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
OMG WE GOT ERDRICK, SOLO, EIGHT AND LUMINARY!!! I love this so much!!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wait have we seen all of the alts? So far we know that Erdrick, Eight, Luminary, and the DQ4 protagonist are alts but do we know what the other 4 are?

D

Deleted member

>Eigth is in Smash
>The F4 are in UA3
>Banjo is in too

I'm freaking happy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wait have we seen all of the alts? So far we know that Erdrick, Eight, Luminary, and the DQ4 protagonist are alts but do we know what the other 4 are?
I'm gonna cry if we dont get girl erdrick and sophia. I dunno what eight and luminary's would be.

Calane

Smash Ace
Told you it wasnt over ;p
You were right, Teeb! I felt so hopeless, but now... Now, I feel like Smash has truly begun for me!

I'm so happy right now that I don't even know what to say!

I think this sound is very appropriate for all of us right now!

D

Deleted member

Not just the Luminary, not just Erdrick, but multiple Dragon Quest Heroes. That's almost as amazing as how the moveset looks. Welcome to Smash Bros. Brave Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom