• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I feel nervous yeah. Though at the same time to me there is like a 80% chance of a SE rep being at least DQ, even so, I feel like you never know.

Also I crashed the test so here is hope there is something good today.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Welp. Couldn't sleep that well last night, but I expected as much.

I'm not sure why, but Nintendo Directs always give me genuine nerves. I feel this way even if it's for a game I'm not particularly excited about, but still interested, like Pokemon SWSH. This time, this Direct is gonna deliver what I've been anticipating for months: the next character, so I'm extra nervous.

So much so that I woke up three hours early to go to the bathroom. I'm feeling better now after some breathing exercises, but I'm not sure if imagining the best case or worst case scenario would calm me down more (and by worst case, I mean least interesting).

An absolute dream scenario for me is Erdrick being announced alongside Ninten as a Ness echo (Famicom boyz) and Fighters Pass 3. And a Mother trilogy port wouldn't hurt.

How do y'all feel?
i just got off work excited tired but i was busy all night thankfully i don't have to go in tonight so i can just enjoy my day

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
So tired of waiting.
It has been too harsh.

I'm checking the internet every single day about any leak on Erdrick since something like last december with Joker and Brave datamining.
I read every Vergeben's post since that day.
I was pretty sure that Erdrick would be the DLC n°2 and revealed at E3.

But now, with all the Banjo drama coming out of nowhere, I really think that I will have to wait for Erdrick until DLC 3.
There is too much dot pointing at a Banjo reveal these 5 last days.

Let's stay focused and optimists, and fair play with everybody, even if our boy is beeing spitted on everywhere online in the West. We now that Erdrick is in, we will just have to wait until September.
We are Heroes/Yuusha, there is no ordeal big enough to stand against our Gigaslash !

(Yeah I know, I'm nervous.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A little over two hours left :)

This is one of the moments we've been looking to. I'm looking forward to it right now. I'm already prepared, and I just want to see what nintendo's gone for with e3. (n all that)

Good luck to all of us and enjoy the nintendo stuff if you can ;)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So yeah I'm excited I'm gonna sleep but I might not who knows aaaaaa
Guess what I couldn't do

Though from what it seems the rest of you all also had trouble sleeping.

Here's hoping we see cool stuff roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes from now.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So tired of waiting.
It has been too harsh.

I'm checking the internet every single day about any leak on Erdrick since something like last december with Joker and Brave datamining.
I read every Vergeben's post since that day.
I was pretty sure that Erdrick would be the DLC n°2 and revealed at E3.

But now, with all the Banjo drama coming out of nowhere, I really think that I will have to wait for Erdrick until DLC 3.
There is too much dot pointing at a Banjo reveal these 5 last days.

Let's stay focused and optimists, and fair play with everybody, even if our boy is beeing spitted on everywhere online in the West. We now that Erdrick is in, we will just have to wait until September.
We are Heroes/Yuusha, there is no ordeal big enough to stand against our Gigaslash !

(Yeah I know, I'm nervous.)
Not a bad attitude if it does happen, but dont count your chocobos until they hatch. We still in this right now and im sure we can deal with it no matter but no need to give up on e3 right now. I think we still have good chances for it, and in any case it's nintendo and they have good stuff :)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm avoiding any potential leaks by only being in this thread before the Direct starts and avoiding everywhere else on Smashboards, so if any last-minute leaks come out please do me a favor and either don't post them here or put them in a collapsible spoiler.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I believe we will be getting at least a new trailer for XI S today. What are your hopes for it?

I hope they show the other DQ worlds you visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyways, I believe we will be getting at least a new trailer for XI S today. What are your hopes for it?

If we do, I think they'd show something new, maybe a new party member too? Anything new would be cool. I dont expect too much tho. Mostly looking to see a dq collection :D

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
also the last word from verg is that he doesn't know who we're gonna get other then both of them are gonna be in the pass so who knows what today holds maybe since the Japanese team won on Saturday we get erdrick

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's a brand-new feature for us, and supposedly it's different from the 3DS version anyway so there should be something new to show even to the Japanese audience.

Plus it'd be a good excuse to segue into ports of the whole series, ahem. Or DQX, since PSO2 proved we're living in the impossible localization timeline.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
If the direct only has one full character reveal and is for someone else, I hope for at least a teaser, a confirmation that Erdrick is coming next.

D

Deleted member

In terms of Dragon Quest, I'm expecting ports of old games and info on DQ11S. Maybe Erdrick, too, which would be hype

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I am expecting Banjo 100% today and im 50/50 on Erdrick showing up today. I still think hes in but I think he'll be fighter 3. I hope im wrong though because people will be screaming "LEAKBAIT" for like 3 months.

Calane

Smash Ace
Hoping for the best, but I don't expect to see anyone other than Banjo.

I'm not sure I'm prepared for this insufferable journey to drag out any longer, but that's life. Just gotta deal with it, I guess.

Even if things don't work out for us today, there's always next time.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Also stopping in from the Banjo thread to lend my energy, I want both fanbases to be happy today. Erdrickbros and Banjo Boomers have an unlikely but awesome alliance.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Listening to the song used at Robbin' Hood Woods in Fortune Street.

Relaxing music before a big event is a great way to calm the nerves!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As much as Erdrick has been talked to death dampering any hype I had left for him. I'm well aware there's supporters like all of you who'd be excited for him so just dropped in to wish you all luck in him getting in.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's almost time. Good luck everyone.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
If he's not revealed here he still has a chance, Verge is still backing him. As controversial as Verge is.
Whatever happens, happens. I'm still expecting a dual reveal despite Sakurais words though, so...uh. That's all I gotta say.
Lets hope for our boy regardless.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
If he's not revealed here he still has a chance, Verge is still backing him. As controversial as Verge is.
Whatever happens, happens. I'm still expecting a dual reveal despite Sakurais words though, so...uh. That's all I gotta say.
Lets hope for our boy regardless.
I will only lose hope if another SE makes it or if Character 5 comes.

D

Deleted member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Teeb147

Smash Legend
HOOOOOOOOOLLLYYYYYYYYYYY ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC