• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I was low-key tempted to answer this with that Blend-S cosplay meme XD
The S stands for Smash. As I was mentioning that after The Hero Smash Announce, a giant amount of people would jump to DQ Day Stream and/or start to search/tweeting about it.
The pessimist in me expect the people who thinks every news means smash means that if Erdrick doesn't show up for DLC, we won't get him and laugh about it.

Of course with Dragon Quest day I want to see some cool stuff, like new merch, perhaps another trailer for the movie, another stream for DQ11. An announcment of DQ 10 coming to the west. Maybe even DQ3 remake.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I gotta ask do you guys have any DQ merch other then figures like T-Shirts Pins etc if so share it I'll start with my little classic slime pin
I don't have much gaming merch yet. I will have some soon tho, and I want to get some slime stuff too :)

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I remember now that you have quite a collection of Journals
A **** ton. I have spent too much money on redbubble notebooks just because they had designs from a video game series I liked. Dragon Quest didn't have a bunch of journals that I liked unfortunately, but the Erdrick one was the silver in the pile.

I'm currently using a Banjo-Kazooie notebook because I'm about to play Banjo Tooie when I get home and for E3 hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I have a Slime Plush DS Speaker that I buy on my trip to Japan in 2009. I really want to buy more stuff specially related to iconic equipment and monsters.
IMG_20190518_150040.jpg

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
The only merch I have is my Luminary figure I got back at my Comic Con rofl. I want an Erdrick one later in my life when i actually have something called 'money'

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mine is more like, anti-Merch.

I can’t afford DQ merch. Not can I find any at my local conventions.

So I made these.

(Also, I made a print on a wooden block, as well as two DQ themed t-shirt designs which I might share sometime.

Attachments

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

So I made these.

(Also, I made a print on a wooden block, as well as two DQ themed t-shirt designs which I might share sometime.
There's no such a thing as anti-Merch as any merch is good merch to spread the likeness of this wonderful franchise in the world. Even more when it's did with passion :3

Really nice work, I love those kind of art that bring sprites to the real world. I want to learn how make those.
Also, want to see the other works.

Edit: Hope this works as that others demon circles to summon a new Animal Crossing did xD

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I have a Slime Plush DS Speaker that I buy on my trip to Japan in 2009. I really want to buy more stuff specially related to iconic equipment and monsters.View attachment 221676
The only merch I have is my Luminary figure I got back at my Comic Con rofl. I want an Erdrick one later in my life when i actually have something called 'money'
Well, there will at least be one piece of affordable, yet desirable DQ merchandise available in the near future: the Erdrick amiibo.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Well, there will at least be one piece of affordable, yet desirable DQ merchandise available in the near future: the Erdrick amiibo.
That's one of the main reasons I want a Koopaling treatment. Just imagine Male and Female Erdrick+6 Heroes Amiibos. Probably this would also lead to a Luminary Amiibo to DQXIS(maybe a squishy Slime Amiibo too).

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

So I made these.

hey man merch is merch i also wanna show of this guy since I've bought stuff from him before and he sells really cool shirts
https://www.redbubble.com/people/meleeninja/works/34547183-legendary-heroes
MeleeNinja makes dope Tees he also made a really cool Smash shirt and Chrono Trigger

D

Deleted member

I recently finished my first E3 Bingo chart:
524D01F9-4D56-4155-BBF0-DC6AF0393154.png

Hopefully some of the DQ spots end up right.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I haven't bought an amiibo in ages, but I'd get a DQ one no question. Not that it would take that to break me; I'm already gonna go for Dark Samus whenever that finally happens.

I've got a strong suspicion that Erdrick's renders will* include slimes just so they can be part of the amiibos. I can't imagine such a high-profile piece of DQ merch not having a slime on it somewhere.

*hypothetically as always, I'm just tired of saying 'would'

i'd like to hope they bring the 3ds versions of 7/8 to switch but i don't know if it'll ever happen
I don't think VII's too unlikely. It got a Japan-only phone port, so I'd say that qualifies it to be ported to anything. I don't think we'd get it until after I-VI, though.

VIII's tougher. It has an old phone port, but it's not very good, and it's missing features even from the PS2 version. I feel like they'd go for a proper HD remaster with visuals upgraded from the PS2 version but all the extra content from the 3DS version. It's a significant enough game to merit that.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I haven't bought an amiibo in ages, but I'd get a DQ one no question. Not that it would take that to break me; I'm already gonna go for Dark Samus whenever that finally happens.

I've got a strong suspicion that Erdrick's renders will* include slimes just so they can be part of the amiibos. I can't imagine such a high-profile piece of DQ merch not having a slime on it somewhere.

*hypothetically as always, I'm just tired of saying 'would'

I don't think VII's too unlikely. It got a Japan-only phone port, so I'd say that qualifies it to be ported to anything. I don't think we'd get it until after I-VI, though.

VIII's tougher. It has an old phone port, but it's not very good, and it's missing features even from the PS2 version. I feel like they'd go for a proper HD remaster with visuals upgraded from the PS2 version but all the extra content from the 3DS version. It's a significant enough game to merit that.
honestly i'm just expecting only 11 this year other square titles i could see coming are nier since I bet they wanna make more money off that game and the secret of mana collection other than that beats me

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77723784?jumpto=12#12 I know double post but Verge spoke up and we got some news

D

Deleted member

These are pretty cool announcements. I'm hesitant to trust Vergeben with anything outside of Smash announcements, though.

He doesn't really specify much over E3 content. Would have loved if he had something to say over Smash newcomers but that's where the chips fall. Would have also wanted more Microsoft content being brought to Switch like Rare Replay.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do with this info right now. I'll put it on the backlog, though, my brother will love hearing about a potential Viewtiful Joe 3.

D

Deleted member

VJ3 makes me happy and I kind of imagine MCC coming broken in parts with OG Halo coming first.

Switch MH has been heavily rumored before and makes sense to have a version alongside World.

I had seen a text "leak" of DQ Heroes 3 before in /v/ so it's interesting to hear about it from Verge.

Edit: Now that I've searched for a bit, there are various text "leaks" for Heroes 3, different characters in each :b

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
VJ3 makes me happy and I kind of imagine MCC coming broken in parts with OG Halo coming first.

Switch MH has been heavily rumored before and makes sense to have a version alongside World.

I had seen a text "leak" of DQ Heroes 3 before in /v/ so it's interesting to hear about it from Verge.
I'm curious on the other DQ ports were getting and if were getting a DQ Heros 3 are they finally planning to bring the 1 and 2 port over already

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I swear I saw a text leak that involved a pirate-themed Heroes III like a year and a half ago. It claimed it was going to be announced soon, and I think also that Itadaki Street DQxFF was going to be localized, and none of that happened. That puts me off this right away.

EDIT: I was getting mixed up, sort of. I'm pretty sure this is the one I was thinking of. It doesn't say anything about Itadaki Street or any announcement date, that must have been a different rumour, but it also goes out of its way to say Deb isn't in the game, so that's a wash. Weird coincidence, I guess.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That’s great news for us DQ fans.
Personally excited for DQ Heroes 3, although I havent played any of them. I hope they bring the trilogy to switch owners in the west! It’s about time already. I know they botched the 1•2 version that Japan got, but hopefully they optimize it well this time.

Also, crossing my fingers for DQX, be it MMO or MMOffline.

Older games is great news. Personally, I’d only buy DQ3 if it was the Snes version, cause otherwise I already have them on my phone.

Really hoping for a remake of IX as well.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
That’s great news for us DQ fans.
Personally excited for DQ Heroes 3, although I havent played any of them. I hope they bring the trilogy to switch owners in the west! It’s about time already. I know they botched the 1•2 version that Japan got, but hopefully they optimize it well this time.

Also, crossing my fingers for DQX, be it MMO or MMOffline.

Older games is great news. Personally, I’d only buy DQ3 if it was the Snes version, cause otherwise I already have them on my phone.

Really hoping for a remake of IX as well.
i hope they do a compilation for 1-6 i think that would go over well

D

Deleted member

i hope they do a compilation for 1-6 i think that would go over well
Just having one of the first two trilogies would be a good way to get people opening up to Dragon Quest. "Hey you want to play the Erdrick games? Well here ya go!

*ports Dragon Quests 4, 5, and 6*"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just having one of the first two trilogies would be a good way to get people opening up to Dragon Quest. "Hey you want to play the Erdrick games? Well here ya go!

*ports Dragon Quests 4, 5, and 6*"
Sounds to me like we should hold an Erdrick only tourney, if he makes it in, called “the Erdrick Games”. And hopefully we get a different hero per color swap. Please PLEASE let it be so.

And +1 on the ports. You think they’ll update them to widescreen or do the lazy and keep portrait mode so you have to play vertically on the Switch? (And huge borders on tv).

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
As with every leak, I'm gonna do what I always do. Take it with a grain of salt and wait and see.

Also what do you guys think of DQ in general being at E3? Do you think it would still garner support since FF7R is also gonna be there?

D

Deleted member

I'm curious on the other DQ ports were getting and if were getting a DQ Heros 3 are they finally planning to bring the 1 and 2 port over already
I have no idea if they ever plan to bring the DQH I and II port, it has been on the radar for so long :b

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Also what do you guys think of DQ in general being at E3? Do you think it would still garner support since FF7R is also gonna be there?
If the DQ stuff is mostly in the Nintendo Direct, it'll probably draw more eyes than last year, Smash or no.

Everybody was too busy complaining that there was no FF7R at Square Enix's show last time to even notice DQXI. At least this year it'll be overshadowed by a game that's actually present.

Going through the actual thread, I wouldn't take anything outside the OP on that one. It's 4chan, without a tripcode it's easy to pretend to be the OP and the Deborah bit didn't come from the original post.
Huh, guess I should've actually looked at the thread. It still seems pretty implausible even without the extra details, but who knows.

Fake or not, it's all extremely weird. The strangest thing of all is that neither leak really mentions DQXI characters, besides just Erik in the 4chan one. Debora's most important to me, but surely it's a bigger deal right now if the game has Jade or Hendrik or Veronica. It seems like a given to me that a Heroes III at this point would be packed with half the cast from DQXI.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As with every leak, I'm gonna do what I always do. Take it with a grain of salt and wait and see.

1) That would be pretty neat. I don’t think it’s ever taken the stage. But since they have quite a few announcements. Although I’m uncertain about one thing. They announced many more reveals to come. But they were announced through Nintendo’s direct. Wouldn’t that mean they’d announce them at the Nintendo E3 presentation instead? Or will they have the confidence to wow the crowds with DQ?

2) I think support has to have increased since last year, thanks to both Erdrick rumors, DQXI marketing team which is doing a fairly good job promoting it. So I expect more than a handful of claps and a random “woo!” In the dead of the silence. But no, seriously, I expect to hear some cheering this time.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
1) That would be pretty neat. I don’t think it’s ever taken the stage. But since they have quite a few announcements. Although I’m uncertain about one thing. They announced many more reveals to come. But they were announced through Nintendo’s direct. Wouldn’t that mean they’d announce them at the Nintendo E3 presentation instead? Or will they have the confidence to wow the crowds with DQ?
When did they announce that? All Koizumi said at the last Direct was that there would be "more information to share in the future" about XI S.

I don't think you need to sweat the crowds. Nobody who would possibly show off Dragon Quest is still doing live stage presentations anyway.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Starting the morning right with some nice Bianca fan art. Arguably the best waifu in DQ5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom