• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I’d be crushed by no Erdrick, but if the google leak was legit, I’d at least find comfort in mothasliming Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa. As well as happy for people who got their wish through Banjo. I don’t personally care about Astorias or Dark Souls.

Btw, I never asked this before, but what are your guys mains and which are your hopefuls (other than the obvious?)

:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultlittlemac::ultcloud: Are my favorites. (Erdrick would definitely bump Cloud out of the picture and become my #1 if he’s in).

As for my hopefuls:

- Crono (in case Erdrick doesn’t make it, this would be my perfect consolation).
- Mike Jones (not a hopeful, but most wanted since forever).
- Doomguy (I was such a doom nerd back then, and I’m still a huge fan of the classics)
- Ryu Hayabusa (One of my favorite NES icons from my childhood, alongside Megaman, Simon, Mike, and Mario).
- Kunio-kun or a Battletoad (would be fine with any of these two brawlers).
:ultpacman::ultdk::ultgunner: for the most part these 3 i'm a Pac main for the lols tho

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Honestly all of my most wants are in the google theory. If Erdrick was in it, I'd be content. But I'm fine with just Erdrick/Luminary

D

Deleted member

I’d be crushed by no Erdrick, but if the google leak was legit, I’d at least find comfort in mothasliming Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa. As well as happy for people who got their wish through Banjo. I don’t personally care about Astorias or Dark Souls.

Btw, I never asked this before, but what are your guys mains and which are your hopefuls (other than the obvious?)

:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultlittlemac::ultcloud: Are my favorites. (Erdrick would definitely bump Cloud out of the picture and become my #1 if he’s in).

As for my hopefuls:

- Crono (in case Erdrick doesn’t make it, this would be my perfect consolation).
- Doomguy (I was such a doom nerd back then, and I’m still a huge fan of the classics)
- Ryu Hayabusa (One of my favorite NES icons from my childhood, alongside Megaman, Simon, Mike, and Mario).
Pac-Man is the only character I play often. Aside from being my most wanted during Smash 4, his playstyle suits me perfectly.
Though I also really like Mega Man, the Belmonts, Snake, and Little Mac.
As for other characters I'd like, to name a few:
-Viewtiful Joe
-Yuri Lowell
-Doomguy
-Crono
-Any SNK character

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't want to spend more time on the google theory. It's not worth entertaining tho it's going to be weird a bit if people keep referring to it, but one way or another it shouldnt take overly long for things to get rolling.

Do they have a figure or protagonists 4,5,6 I'd buy those guys
There's some figures here and there, but i dont know if they're official or not.
like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Enix...-Vinyl-Figure-enix-super-famicom/163573894669

and this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Square-Eni...Figure-Collection-Shujinkou-HERO/332828100404

(there's also a smaller one here)

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

As for my hopefuls:

I currently main the Random button because with so many characters, I can't really decide which ones to stick to (that said, I wish there was a setting that allowed Miis to show up on Random so I could get some practice in with them).

Hopefuls:
  • Paper Mario. My most wanted since forever, Paper Mario on the N64 was my first game with a story and an adventure with a world to explore. It's another Mario so I doubt he'll ever get in, and I have reservations on whether he'd get a moveset I actually like vs. something like a focus on Sticker Star / Color Splash gimmicks. It's also a reason why the Paper Mario support thread here is mostly dead at this point, besides the series not having a new game since CS.
  • Erdrick. My second most wanted, Dragon Quest has started to be a comforting presence in my life the past few years. It's a warm, warm series, with sad dramatic punches here and there, but mostly fun world exploration and riddle solving that reminds me a lot of Zelda at times. When my finals are done, I'm finally gonna continue the series with DQ7, but in the meantime I can visit this support thread and help people get onboard with the most influential JRPG of all time having its main character into Smash.
  • A unique Ganondorf or Ganon. It'll probably never happen at this point, but to me it rivals Ridley and K. Rool in terms of characters that should have been in a long time ago. Almost no one rallies behind this idea because they want (or, in my case, used to want) the current Ganondorf completely overhauled while giving the current moveset to Black Shadow. When E3 2018 happened and we saw OoT Ganondorf with the Spaceworld 2000 tech demo sword, I knew Black Shadow and a unique Ganondorf were both deconfirmed. However, I still think that even with the compromise Sakurai gave us, that both a unique Ganondorf and the antagonist of F-Zero should both get in anyway, just with no one replacing anyone.
    • The unique Ganondorf can be based on Wind Waker, where he was a large, rounder man who dual wielded katanas. We have neither a katana user nor a dual wielder, (though I admit Pit and Pittoo are both pretty close, they're more like dual knives), and the version of Ganondorf seen in that game is the most sympathetic and...well-rounded (badum tish). My other idea is just Ganon, the pig demon, seen in the 2D Zelda games like Zelda 1 and A Link to the Past. I like the idea of a heavyweight who is very slow but gets around quickly via long distance teleporting, which Ganon was known for back then. His trident, fire bats, and mastery of the dark arts have so much to offer in terms of moveset, and they could go further if they used abilities from other versions of Ganon like the current boss version in Smash does.
    • Black Shadow can still be an Echo Fighter of either Captain Falcon or Ganondorf with one or two moves changed. Of course, F-Zero should get a playable Samurai Goroh first, it's just he'd need to be unique as I don't see him being an Echo Fighter of anyone. But after him, Black Shadow should get in with much less development time.
  • Dixie Kong. She's great, and mostly it's weird having DK, Diddy, and finally K. Rool, but not Dixie. Support for her seems to have sadly gone down as of late, with the deconfirmation of Echo Fighters in the Fighter Pass, as well as the idea that Spirits perhaps deconfirm fighters as well. But she's a lot more important than people realize, as she was feminine and fun loving in DKC2, 3, and Tropical Freeze, but lots of guys in the casually sexist 90s loved her cuz she was cool to them anyway, and female players got a great, useful character to get them through the trickier parts of the DKC games. That's a legacy worth preserving in Smash, whether as an Echo Fighter, semi-clone (my preference), or unique.
  • Phoenix Wright. While Resident Evil is, rightfully, considered the most likely Capcom character to come next in the Fighter's Pass, it's Ace Attorney that's stolen my heart. Phoenix would have a "joke" moveset around nonviolent actions hurting the other fighters, like pressing them for more info, yelling "Objection," or presenting evidence of their "crimes". As a defence attorney, he'd be a tanky, keep away character like K. Rool, but with a human build and no super armor.
  • A main series Shin Megami Tensei character. I like Persona and Joker but the main series is where my allegiance lies atm. Joker's moveset is actually a great template for an Echo Fighter based on SMT 1 what with the mix of sword and gun attacks, and I'd be happy if it ever happened and it's all the Smash team did, though Demi-fiend from SMT Nocturne is my pipe dream want. He'd directly punch people instead, as well as summon multiple demons rather than Joker's sole Arsene and have them attack independently from Demi-fiend (Personas protect and enhance the user, while SMT demons are more like hired bodyguards).
And those are my personal wants. I'd be happy with tons of other characters as well, but they wouldn't speak to me quite like these characters.

Calane

Smash Ace
I mean, it wouldn’t be all that weird. Only DQ1 protagonist seems to be wearing heavier armor, the rest including Erdrick, are just wearing clothes.
But nice find!

It’s been a while since we had ANY new info from Brave.

Is there a character that swaps between armor and clothes between alts so far?
I was just saying that "Brave" not wearing armor would probably mean it's not Artorias like some people have been trying to claim.

As for my hopefuls:

I really only play :ultkirby: & :ultpit:, but Erdrick would definitely make it a trio if he really happened.

As for any hopefuls? Erdrick, obviously! But excluding him/her:

- Adol Christin (He's never going to happen, though).

Since almost every other character I truly wanted didn't make it (Takamaru, Saki Amamiya, Isaac, Bandana Waddle Dee, Shantae, Arle Nadja, Ashley, Lip, Bomberman, etc.), I don't really have any realistic characters left to wish for. Erdrick seems to be my last chance, actually.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I was just saying that "Brave" not wearing armor would probably mean it's not Artorias like some people have been trying to claim.

I really only play :ultkirby: & :ultpit:, but Erdrick would definitely make it a trio if he really happened.

As for any hopefuls? Erdrick, obviously! But excluding him/her:

- Adol Christin (He's never going to happen, though).

Since almost every character I truly wanted didn't make it (Takamaru, Saki Amamiya, Isaac, Bandana Waddle Dee, Shantae, Arle Nadja, Ashley, Lip, Bomberman, etc.), I don't really have any realistic characters left to wish for. Erdrick seems to be my last chance, actually.
You excited for YS 9?

D

Deleted member

As for my hopefuls:

Artorias is what ultimately kills it for me. He's a boss first and foremost. It'd be like if Rathalos was a newcomer to represent Monster Hunter. Though I do agree that the Google roster is a mighty fine roster. Iconic series plus Banjo makes this mighty fine and tasty.

However, I'm not falling for a "This roster is pretty ideal" leak ever again.

My favorite characters to mess around with are: :ultkrool::ultike::ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultrobin::ultdaisy::ultgnw::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultpichu::ultluigi::ultjoker: and probably more. I love how diverse this roster is.

If you wanna know who I'm hopeful for, just look at my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calane

Smash Ace
You excited for YS 9?
Heck yeah!

Just wish it'd come to the Switch. I played YS 8 on my brother's PS4 before buying the Switch version, but I don't think I'll be able to do that again with YS 9.

Still, it's looking pretty interesting so far.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_Adol.png Ys-IX-Monstrum-Red.png Since the one on the left is Adol disguising himself, I'm assuming the other one is what he truly looks like this time around. Both designs are looking pretty darn cool (especially the one that actually has red hair).

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Heck yeah!

Just wish it'd come to the Switch. I played YS 8 on my brother's PS4 before buying the Switch version, but I don't think I'll be able to do that again with YS 9.

View attachment 220101View attachment 220102 Since the one on the left is Adol disguising himself, I'm assuming the other one is what he truly looks like this time around. Both designs are looking pretty darn cool (especially the one that actually has red hair).
I was worried he wasn't gonna have red hair when I first saw it lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Artorias is what ultimately kills it for me. He's a boss first and foremost. It'd be like if Rathalos was a newcomer to represent Monster Hunter. Though I do agree that the Google roster is a mighty fine roster. Iconic series plus Banjo makes this mighty fine and tasty.

However, I'm not falling for a "This roster is pretty ideal" leak ever again.

My favorite characters to mess around with are: :ultkrool::ultike::ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultrobin::ultdaisy::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultluigi::ultjoker: and probably more. I love how diverse this roster is.

If you wanna know who I'm hopeful for, just look at my sig.
I dont think it's that good good of a roster myself XD
And I mentioned this a few times but I do think it's possible for a boss to be in instead of a fully custom character. But all I mean is that even if it doesn't seem overly likely, it's not impossible.

Ok, I said I wouldn't entertain the theory more, but I can feel a bit of discomfort around it at least for a few people, so i'll say a bit more. I already mentioned that it's essentially busted since other words can bring up the ad, but there's also just business sense that makes it hard to be a thing. The only thing that would bust the theory even more is when they find more characters that bring it up too.

I'll go a bit more in detail about the business stuff ..

Marketing & Compartmentalization: Everyone should know that when you want to keep something hidden you dont spread it to other departments unless it's time or there's a reason to. Now here we're talking about a department in europe. There's absolutely no reason to ..not just to spread the info on dlc characters way off in the future to NoE, but to have those names for the marketing department there, would be kinda bonkers. And you dont waste resources on marketing with what you dont have yet.

Search Algorithms & Advertisement: If you know even a little about search engines and how google adapts and uses search campaigns, then you should know that it can be complicated. All of these people that think the searches mean something probably dont know much and just assume that nintendo would have put those words in to make the ad come up for them. You can put keywords for people to get ads, but it's not necessary for other words to bring it up either.
I definitely dont know everything about google ads, but I thought this is basic enough that people could understand it.

Now. About the keywords potentially being pulled like was mentioned recently. The thing with google ads is that it costs a lot per click. If you aren't getting the right fanbase and people are clicking the ad, that can waste a lot of money because of how google charges for them. People get problems around that if they dont use the options correctly, like 'exact' keywords and putting in negative keywords to stop getting hits from other terms, and more. (here's a post talking around this for ad research a bit)

So what makes more sense, that specifically NoE added those characters as keywords, or that they didn't use their research campaign the same way and are now learning to use those features to narrow the ads? (could also just simply be something connected to the algorithm)

I know it's not always obvious when caught up in the flow of people thinking this or that, but I think common good sense is worth something too ;p

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Heck yeah!

View attachment 220101View attachment 220102 Since the one on the left is Adol disguising himself, I'm assuming the other one is what he truly looks like this time around. Both designs are looking pretty darn cool (especially the one that actually has red hair).
That Adol looks really cool. My best friend loves 8. Also is YS 9 the latest in the franchise from a chronological standpoint or where is it in the timeline.

Calane

Smash Ace
That Adol looks really cool. My best friend loves 8. Also is YS 9 the latest in the franchise from a chronological standpoint or where is it in the timeline.
It takes place after Ys 7, so that makes it the latest in the timeline so far.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
And I mentioned this a few times but I do think it's possible for a boss to be in instead of a fully custom character. But all I mean is that even if it doesn't seem overly likely, it's not impossible.

Ok, I said I wouldn't entertain the theory more, but I can feel a bit of discomfort around it at least for a few people, so i'll say a bit more. I already mentioned that it's essentially busted since other words can bring up the ad, but there's also just business sense that makes it hard to be a thing. The only thing that would bust the theory even more is when they find more characters that bring it up too.

Marketing & Compartmentalization: Everyone should know that when you want to keep something hidden you dont spread it to other departments unless it's time or there's a reason to. Now here we're talking about a department in europe. There's absolutely no reason to ..not just to spread the info on dlc characters way off in the future to NoE, but to have those names for the marketing department there, would be kinda bonkers. And you dont waste resources on marketing with what you dont have yet.

Search Algorithms & Advertisement: If you know even a little about search engines and how google adapts and uses search campaigns, then you should know that it can be complicated. All of these people that think the searches mean something probably dont know much and just assume that nintendo would have put those words in to make the ad come up for them. You can put keywords for people to get ads, but it's not necessary for other words to bring it up either.
I definitely dont know everything about google ads, but I thought this is basic enough that people could understand it.

Now. About the keywords potentially being pulled like was mentioned recently. The thing with google ads is that it costs a lot per click. If you aren't getting the right fanbase and people are clicking the ad, that can waste a lot of money because of how google charges for them. People get problems around that if they dont use the options correctly, like 'exact' keywords and putting in negative keywords to stop getting hits from other terms, and more. (here's a post talking around this for ad research a bit)

So what makes more sense, that specifically NoE added those characters as keywords, or that they didn't use their research campaign the same way and are now learning to use those features to narrow the ads? (could also just simply be something connected to the algorithm)

I know it's not always obvious when caught up in the flow of people thinking this or that, but I think common good sense is worth something too ;p
Also something that is curious is that the names have blackout times, they didn't show at all and then some time later they start to work again. If Nintendo shoot it down and its be NoE fault it shouldn't appears again. I fully think by that, that it's someone with a bunch of money trolling everybody. Someone from PapaGeno's Discord points it on Twitter, that the guy behind it could even be someone from his Discord.
There people that don't have the word "limit" for their pranks, just like the guy from the Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I gotta say with this google theory and E3 drawing ever so near, I keep wondering who is really next in line to join the fight. Of course I am rooting hard for Banjo and Erdrick, but I decided to contribute to the smash fandom with this new Fan Art of mine. I can't wait to see which community of characters is gonna have their celebration soon!
smash bros auditions! Fixed.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also something that is curious is that the names have blackout times, they didn't show at all and then some time later they start to work again. If Nintendo shoot it down and its be NoE fault it shouldn't appears again. I fully think by that, that it's someone with a bunch of money trolling everybody. Someone from PapaGeno's Discord points it on Twitter, that the guy behind it could even be someone from his Discord.
There people that don't have the word "limit" for their pranks, just like the guy from the Grinch Leak.
While that's possible and there's been some in the past that wasted money on silly stuff, I dont know if it's the most likely, and it could be as simple as something with the algorithm. There's also the fact that this search spread in the smash community. That matters because that could trigger NoE to change something with how they target... or even noticing the budget they put in the ad running out quicker if they didn't do it right at first.
Dunno how spread it is but if a lot are clicking on the ad that arent new smash fans, like they didnt set it well in general, it adds to the waste of some of the budget they put. A funny thought but it's actually possible lol.

--

For Ys, it's always a series I was interested but didn't end up playing much. I could still see trying out the newer ones sometime. Most of what i remember was on the genesis. It even had a 2d side-scroller that reminds me of how zelda 2 was one. And there was some badass music at some points. Just listen to this rockin' (I saved it near where it starts to kick in. Also check around16:20 for another one) ;)

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say with this google theory and E3 drawing ever so near, I keep wondering who is really next in line to join the fight. Of course I am rooting hard for Banjo and Erdrick, but I decided to contribute to the smash fandom with this new Fan Art of mine. I can't wait to see which community of characters is gonna have their celebration soon! View attachment 220200
That's really nice (I appreciate Phoenix's inclusion).
Ew, Agumon...
That's not very nice.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
The thing that make me more relaxed about who Brave is, even with all those theories and the presentations that could have a character announcement on the next months, is that the character that was used to it's base is Young Link definitively. It's Stats are pretty close to him in general, it fits a relatively fast Swordfighter, and the, by now mysterious, height valor is the same as Young Link, and as this valor didn't look to affect anything it is probably one of the last to be changed from the base.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of this reminds me of the Grinch leak, except now I'm on the side that agrees with, "This is definitely not real." Only thing we can do is wait it out because speculators will humor anything to kill the time. I mean, look at us XD.

Pretty much. I've seen some very convincing leaks that would take a lot of time and energy to create. Who can say money is also something they can't waste?

The thing that make me more relaxed about who Brave is, even with all those theories and the presentations that could have a character announcement on the next months, is that the character that was used to it's base is Young Link definitively. It's Stats are pretty close to him in general, it fits a relatively fast Swordfighter, and the, by now mysterious, height valor is the same as Young Link, and as this valor didn't look to affect anything it is probably one of the last to be changed from the base.
Wait. How do we know this?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's true that Young Link's height stat is 13, but none of the other stats quite match besides run speed.
It's a bit much to say brave is based on him.

I like that Brave has faster air speed than young link. In any case, watch for making big assumptions based on stats.
I will say that young link and cloud have some things that are decently close, so who knows. I think mii gunner has some things in common too tho.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's true that Young Link's height stat is 13, but none of the other stats quite match besides run speed.

I like that Brave has faster air speed than young link. In any case, watch for making big assumptions based on stats.
I will say that young link and cloud have some things that are decently close, so who knows. I think mii gunner has some things in common too tho.
Well... we should also consider the fact that both Young Link (or any Link) and Erdrick, wield both sword and shield. So that there is yet another coincidence.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

I meant that the Stats are more akin to be based on him then other character. Some of his stats are actually just placeholders copied from Joker. But the heavy catch on this assumption of mine is the height stat. I can't explain much right now, 'cause I'm about to enter in the cinema, as I come back I will explain better. ^^

D

Deleted member

Personally, the things going for Erdrick are powerful enough. Stats are not one of those reason, especially when months ago, they were used to deconfirm Erdrick. My argument is still the same. Stats can change and should not be used as a way to estimate

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Considering the fact that Joker originally had a multi-jab when he was first datamined as “Jack”, I wouldn’t take any of the current data parameters we know of as objective facts until the character is actually released.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I hope Erdrick gets in, full height and all, just so that we can confidently say that the data changes everytime. I feel people use data as evidence a little too much.

D

Deleted member

As for my hopefuls:

My Mains? Dedede of course. He just fits my play style very nicely and I love the character himself, He's funny and wacky so I love that dude. I also main Wolf and Lucina but Dedede is easily my best character.

As for characters I want (in no order):
-Erdrick (I don't want to delete my account and he deserves to be in cause of DQ's Legacy and whatnot.)
-Geno (I just like the character and the game he's from, He's stoic but also a huge dork and I like everything about him. I like his personality, I like his design, I just like the Character over-all.)
-Duster (I just really like Mother 3 much like Geno, Duster is from one of my favorite video games of all time which is Mother 3. Duster is my favorite Character in the game and so Duster is one of my most wanted characters.)
-Isaac (Golden Sun is a really great game and Isaac would be a really fun and unique character and so I would really like Isaac.)
-Banjo (Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite N64 game and my favorite platforming franchise period even more so than the main line Mario Games. I enjoy the game and it's unique charm so I would also really like Banjo.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well... we should also consider the fact that both Young Link (or any Link) and Erdrick, wield both sword and shield. So that there is yet another coincidence.
I meant that the Stats are more akin to be based on him then other character. Some of his stats are actually just placeholders copied from Joker. But the heavy catch on this assumption of mine is the height stat. I can't explain much right now, 'cause I'm about to enter in the cinema, as I come back I will explain better. ^^
I think it can be good to talk about the stats even if we can't be sure about any of it. Just remember it's speculation.
And like I was saying, other characters have some things closer to brave than young link, but the height is one of the things that fits.

I think that young link could work as a base, having a sword and shield, but I'm pretty sure they mix and match a lot of stuff. And if they used some stuff from joker as placeholder then there's maybe some reason for that, tho i dunno what that is :p

I'd been curious to see how the stats evolved with time, but oh well, let's just see what's the real deal all at once :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I think it can be good to talk about the stats even if we can't be sure about any of it. Just remember it's speculation.
And like I was saying, other characters have some things closer to brave than young link, but the height is one of the things that fits.

I think that young link could work as a base, having a sword and shield, but I'm pretty sure they mix and match a lot of stuff. And if they used some stuff from joker as placeholder then there's maybe some reason for that, tho i dunno what that is :p

I'd been curious to see how the stats evolved with time, but oh well, let's just see what's the real deal all at once :)
Found this in Sabis server

image0-6.jpg

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
so what does this mean?
Basically and quoting Sabi

"Nobody has been able to copy the Nintendo ads when attempting. I guess it could be a Nintendo employee ****ing with people but that’d be pretty crazy."

So either worst case scenario is that it's TRUE or it's fake with a Nintendo employee doing it on purpose to **** with people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Found this in Sabis server

View attachment 220585

"Nobody has been able to copy the Nintendo ads when attempting. I guess it could be a Nintendo employee ****ing with people but that’d be pretty crazy."

So either worst case scenario is that it's TRUE or it's fake with a Nintendo employee doing it on purpose to **** with people.
Well none of that has to do with what I mentioned before, and I never thought it made much sense that it'd be a troll putting in nintendo's ad. So if anything that backs up my points (that it has to do with what i talked about) instead of some grinch-level troll.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly situation is quite weird :b

Seems like they were testing something and that's why people ended up getting strange results like the Assassins Creed DLC or the ads intermittently appearing. Still feels odd that they would have the DLC info for the pass already.

Edit: Another thing is that ATM, it is quite contained in general. Like not many people or places are talking about it, or it was outright dismissed, its like people don't feel its worth the attention.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Weird, I remember that I saw a guy on Twitter making a fake ad to Smash that worked to show that it can be done.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It can technically be done. You can create ads for other sites, but google does review it and can deny it.
It depends on the rules that the site you're advertising made with google, and they can actually deny it if it's not within the right rules, including if you're not the seller of the product.

I dont know why some people are stuck with the mindset that it has to be someone else advertising the smash dlc ad though.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So does this make the Google theory more likely now? Or could it be something to do with Google's algorithm or something technical with the search engine?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So does this make the Google theory more likely now? Or could it be something to do with Google's algorithm or something technical with the search engine?
It might make the google theory more likely in the eyes of those that thought it had to be a troll doing it for it to be fake.
but that's about it. I posted about how it's more likely to be about the algorithm in the first place.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
It might make the google theory more likely in the eyes of those that thought it had to be a troll doing it for it to be fake.
but that's about it. I posted about how it's more likely to be about the algorithm in the first place.
But they said that it didn't come with other highly searched characters in the same way with those 4. This didn't debunk a algorithm thing?
Also the blackout times too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom