• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanks for sharing your take ;)
I will say though that the pics you found for banjo aren't exactly in his favor when there's a basketball player and a baseball one there. That's not exactly 'nintendo repping' ;p. But no one can deny that banjo was a strong figure on the nintendo 64. Rare wasn't first party, but they definitely had good ties with nintendo.

They're first party with microsoft now, and it really comes down to if nintendo actually wants banjo in the game. I've seen no evidence for that. The only thing is that banjo probably did ok in the ballot.
But I'm sure you get my point right? The Second one there only had like Banjo, Mario, Pikachu/Link and DK which could be interpreted as Nintendo seeing him as on par with them and they're Nintendo Mascots.

Rare and Nintendo had a history with each other and I'm sure Nintendo isn't exactly opposed to having Banjo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But I'm sure you get my point right? The Second one there only had like Banjo, Mario, Pikachu/Link and DK which could be interpreted as Nintendo seeing him as on par with them and they're Nintendo Mascots.

Rare and Nintendo had a history with each other and I'm sure Nintendo isn't exactly opposed to having Banjo.
Are you sure that's an official box? I searched for it and couldnt find it.

I wouldn't say they'd be 'opposed' to having banjo, but just that there's a lot of characters they might want in first, or instead.
Still possible tho, of course

D

Deleted member

Are you sure that's an official box? I searched for it and couldnt find it.

I wouldn't say they'd be 'opposed' to having banjo, but just that there's a lot of characters they might want in first, or instead.
Still possible tho, of course
I'm pretty sure that's official but the only place I could find it was the Banjo Thread so you may want to check there. And definitely they probably have a lot of characters they would like to have in Smash so if Banjo doesn't get in I doubt it's cause they don't want him in.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't think Banjo talk here in the thread is quite helpful. I'm certain he has merits but not much use to discuss about them here :b
Ohhh. Yeah that's special ;p

--

I have a question to ask people in general, I'm wondering if anyone knows good sites for ordering figurines, toys, and plushies?
And when I say good I also mean not expensive :p

Ideally being able to find some dragon quest stuff would be nice too.
Amiami has a good variety of products and have some decent pricing, but shipping can be a little expensive from my experience.

D

Deleted member

My only thing regarding Banjo to comment here is my idea of having him revealed alongside Erdrick at E3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just ordered an Anlucia figurine :D

Honestly, I don't think Banjo talk here in the thread is quite helpful. I'm certain he has merits but not much use to discuss about them here :b

Amiami has a good variety of products and have some decent pricing, but shipping can be a little expensive from my experience.
thx i'll at least check that site too :)

D

Deleted member

I wish I knew about an online store with DQ merch that could deliver to the Canary Islands.

For some reason too many stores online dislike sending stuff here.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Yatanagi Yatanagi check this out

I'm glad Brave isnt too fast or too slow. Feels just right. Also a bit off topic but I just realized some concept art has Erdrick dual wielding swords.
My brother show me the registration yesterday, I'm pretty excited to see his design, but a bit nervous that they may try to bring the Cyborg concept from Showa Era back with a name like Zero-One, not really a fan of this concept for the main Riders. I'm hoping they stylize the romanization of the name to something other then "Zero-One" or "01". Also a fun concept that I think to him is for him be based on Binary Coding and have a theme akin to Denkou Choujin Gridman.
Oh, by the way winch Rider are you watching now?

Hope Erdrick had a dual sword attack in his moveset or at least Falcon Slash :3

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wish I had money, otherwise I'd order these figures:

Yeah didn't you pay like over 130$ the other day for one already? :p

I would do so too, ngl.

But I can’t find any online store selling them with deliveries to the Canary Islands.
Some ebay sellers have world wide shipping.
It's not the best, but there's definitely a lot of stuff to buy there.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Ebay is at least something.

Hopefully I find something cool that isn’t being sold to whoever offers the most money or a knock-off.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
My brother show me the registration yesterday, I'm pretty excited to see his design, but a bit nervous that they may try to bring the Cyborg concept from Showa Era back with a name like Zero-One, not really a fan of this concept for the main Riders. I'm hoping they stylize the romanization of the name to something other then "Zero-One" or "01". Also a fun concept that I think to him is for him be based on Binary Coding and have a theme akin to Denkou Choujin Gridman.
Oh, by the way winch Rider are you watching now?

Hope Erdrick had a dual sword attack in his moveset or at least Falcon Slash :3
Atm I haven't been watching a Rider show since Build. Was thinking of watching Showa era or Kuuga but I just need the motivation rofl. Also it could be possible that Zero-one is just a reference to Reiwa era now. A technology based Kamen Rider would be pretty cool ngl. I also hope we get Erdrick to use multiple weapons as part of his moveset, if he has dual wield then that means Luminary can get in too.

I would do so too, ngl.

But I can’t find any online store selling them with deliveries to the Canary Islands.
I want to finish the spanish islands some day. It looks nice.

I have zero regrets. The only regret that is felt is my wallets pain and suffering :p.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I found someone selling a big collection of the dq toys, but it's over 800$ lol.
The boxes with a number of them go for over 200.

No way in heck am i ever ever buying them, i guess :p

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh. I guess I lumped in both quotes you had in your post :/
My bad.

And yeah I did post the other stats in the op. here you go:

and bear in mind a lot will probably have changed.
No tether? Well there goes using the whip/sickle.

As for no wall jump, a bit sad but not a biggie. Probably redundant if Brave were to have Zoom.

But I think those are pretty good stats.

I just ordered an Anlucia figurine :D

thx i'll at least check that site too :)
Wow, grats for the purchase! She looks awesome!

Little by little Anlucia is becoming my new favorite female character from the series. Which makes me really want to play DQX. I hope they announce that offline DQX game on E3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No tether? Well there goes using the whip/sickle.

As for no wall jump, a bit sad but not a biggie. Probably redundant if Brave were to have Zoom.

But I think those are pretty good stats.

Wow, grats for the purchase! She looks awesome!

Little by little Anlucia is becoming my new favorite female character from the series. Which makes me really want to play DQX. I hope they announce that offline DQX game on E3.
yeh thx :)
She's grown on me too, though she'll never replace Sophia in my heart XD
And until I get to play DQX too I dont think I'd like her better than girl erdrick.

I really hope they do a remake of dq3 sometime too, because I also want to see more art and sprites or models. :)
I would hope they give the characters dq skills in the game, it'd be great to have the martial arts skills, etc.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
yeh thx :)
She's grown on me too, though she'll never replace Sophia in my heart XD
And until I get to play DQX too I dont think I'd like her better than girl erdrick.

I really hope they do a remake of dq3 sometime too, because I also want to see more art and sprites or models. :)
I would hope they give the characters dq skills in the game, it'd be great to have the martial arts skills, etc.
If we get a surprise announcement for a Dragon Quest 3 remake I would actually lose my ****. Especially if they expand the class system even further. Just give Erdrick every single hero class move from all the games including fisticuffs. Perhaps an expanded story in 3R, a large open world to explore that teeming with treasure and secrets. Since you get to fight the Zenethian dragon in the SNES title, you can go a step further and actually fight the cast of 4 as a bonus fight.

Bring back tension but also have the special pep attacks from 11. Maybe even have Dragon Quest 1 and 2 be part of its narrative. Ah it's so cool just thinking about the possibilities.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Atm I haven't been watching a Rider show since Build. Was thinking of watching Showa era or Kuuga but I just need the motivation rofl. Also it could be possible that Zero-one is just a reference to Reiwa era now. A technology based Kamen Rider would be pretty cool ngl. I also hope we get Erdrick to use multiple weapons as part of his moveset, if he has dual wield then that means Luminary can get in too.
Technology based make me think about Megaranger(The Sentai base to PR in Space), could be fun if they use it correctly. Even I missing a lot the Mystic based Riders, the true last one was Wizard in 2012(Gaim kinda but still have some tech basis. Zi-O is more Rider Legacy energy, so don't think it counts).

I'm really hoping to Luminary be a alt or a Echo there's a lot of things that he have in common with Erdrick and some other things that would be incredibly to be added to The Heroes moveset. Also would be nice a full Bowser Jr treatment including with Amiibos.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I can't imagine getting one of these is even close to affordable, but this is what I'm most interested in:

Also, I uh... finished the fake Erdrick render. I think.
Dude that's incredible! It's really nice. I like how it's kind of chibi too in a way.

Technology based make me think about Megaranger(The Sentai base to PR in Space), could be fun if they use it correctly. Even I missing a lot the Mystic based Riders, the true last one was Wizard in 2012(Gaim kinda but still have some tech basis. Zi-O is more Rider Legacy energy, so don't think it counts).

I'm really hoping to Luminary be a alt or a Echo there's a lot of things that he have in common with Erdrick and some other things that would be incredibly to be added to The Heroes moveset. Also would be nice a full Bowser Jr treatment including with Amiibos.
I kind of want a Kamen Rider that goes back to its roots to be honest. Less gimmicks and more straightforward. I also hope we at least get a Luminary alt or echo. Having the Bowser Jr treatment would be really nice.

D

Deleted member

I can't imagine getting one of these is even close to affordable, but this is what I'm most interested in:

Okay I really like this render of Erdrick to the point that I hope he looks kinda like this if and when he gets in Smash. It's very appealing.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Okay I really like this render of Erdrick to the point that I hope he looks kinda like this if and when he gets in Smash. It's very appealing.
Erdrick has many different designs over the years. The most iconic is the purple cape, the red cape is his modern design that Japan has been accustomed to with the arcades. So if we do get Erdrick, those two designs are gonna come in or one over the other.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick has many different designs over the years. The most iconic is the purple cape, the red cape is his modern design that Japan has been accustomed to with the arcades. So if we do get Erdrick, those two designs are gonna come in or one over the other.
Couldn't they just make the Purple caped design and alt? Or are there too many differences for that to be possible? Cause I think both of those designs should and depending on the differences could be in.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Dude that's incredible! It's really nice. I like how it's kind of chibi too in a way.
That render looks excellent! Better than what I remember from Smashified tbh.
Thank you! I was going for something inbetween his Famicom and Super Famicom proportions

Smashified was an obvious inspiration. Most of those are actual 3D renders, though.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Couldn't they just make the Purple caped design and alt? Or are there too many differences for that to be possible? Cause I think both of those designs should and depending on the differences could be in.

Smashified Erdrick.png

The designs only have minor differences anyways so probably yes.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I'm more down to the red cape 'cause of the blue gem and gold-ish headband. Don't like that much the silver and green gem headband.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That's actually amazing :)
You did a really good job. and it does look different in terms of proportions.

I'm wondering how it would look if the head was a liiittle bit higher. In my mind it would work but im no visual artist, so just wondering it. :p

If we get a surprise announcement for a Dragon Quest 3 remake I would actually lose my ****. Especially if they expand the class system even further. Just give Erdrick every single hero class move from all the games including fisticuffs. Perhaps an expanded story in 3R, a large open world to explore that teeming with treasure and secrets. Since you get to fight the Zenethian dragon in the SNES title, you can go a step further and actually fight the cast of 4 as a bonus fight.

Bring back tension but also have the special pep attacks from 11. Maybe even have Dragon Quest 1 and 2 be part of its narrative. Ah it's so cool just thinking about the possibilities.
Yeah that would be awesome, and actually it's not that farfetched, considering it's a renown game, and it could definitely get more classes and quite a bit more. I'd be satisfied with a smaller remake, but DQ7 got revamped quite a bit on 3ds, so why not 3.
And considering what was in DQ11, I'm thinking it's possible they already have plans for something in the future, dont you think?

In whatever case im looking forward to what SE can show us at e3. Maybe something dragon quest related pops up :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
That's actually amazing :)
You did a really good job. and it does look different in terms of proportions.

I'm wondering how it would look if the head was a liiittle bit higher. In my mind it would work but im no visual artist, so just wondering it. :p

Yeah that would be awesome, and actually it's not that farfetched, considering it's a renown game, and it could definitely get more classes and quite a bit more. I'd be satisfied with a smaller remake, but DQ7 got revamped quite a bit on 3ds, so why not 3.
And considering what was in DQ11, I'm thinking it's possible they already have plans for something in the future, dont you think?

In whatever case im looking forward to what SE can show us at e3. Maybe something dragon quest related pops up :)
If its 3d and its expansive. I'd buy it day one. Easily. Plus imagine they go as far as having the characters wear different armour and actually looking different.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, talking about the Google Theory:
I just Google Super Smash Bros Ultimate and this was on the related searches.
Yeah, it's a flawless theory indeed xD Screenshot_20190514-180815.png

D

Deleted member

How are the bring arts figures quality wise? I remember having some FF Play-arts that were kinda crap.

D

Deleted member

How are the bring arts figures quality wise? I remember having some FF Play-arts that were kinda crap.
I have a couple and they're significantly better than the previous figure lines from SE. They're comparable in.... basically every aspect to Figmas.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I’d be crushed by no Erdrick, but if the google leak was legit, I’d at least find comfort in mothasliming Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa. As well as happy for people who got their wish through Banjo. I don’t personally care about Astorias or Dark Souls.

Btw, I never asked this before, but what are your guys mains and which are your hopefuls (other than the obvious?)

:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultlittlemac::ultcloud: Are my favorites. (Erdrick would definitely bump Cloud out of the picture and become my #1 if he’s in).

As for my hopefuls:

- Crono (in case Erdrick doesn’t make it, this would be my perfect consolation).
- Mike Jones (not a hopeful, but most wanted since forever).
- Doomguy (I was such a doom nerd back then, and I’m still a huge fan of the classics)
- Ryu Hayabusa (One of my favorite NES icons from my childhood, alongside Megaman, Simon, Mike, and Mario).
- Kunio-kun or a Battletoad (would be fine with any of these two brawlers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom