• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If she did mention that, it definitely wasn't the first, we talked about that since a while back in the joker thread. There's also the Sega fes at the end of the month where they could announce something. (and someone said there'd be something persona related there).

I definitely think that the later part of this month and april will have some cool info. Really hope at least some hints for the next dlc show up, of course :)
Honestly, I'm waiting more for spring break than I am for Smash info. XD

Interesting on the Sega fes. Did not know about that. Well that's a date to put on the calendar to see if anything Persona is shown off.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'm waiting more for spring break than I am for Smash info. XD

Interesting on the Sega fes. Did not know about that. Well that's a date to put on the calendar to see if anything Persona is shown off.
yep march 30-31. So that and the 23rd will be dates to watch out for. I feel like something could pop up between those dates too that isn't persona-based, but it's just an idea i have.
Theres also that dragon quest japanese stream at some point too. I know it's not a special stream or anything, but that's another date we could look to.
Ok it's the 27th.

So there you go, 23rd, 27th, 30th and 31st. :)

edit: Also, enjoy your spring break when it's finally there ;) and in general too :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
yep march 30-31. So that and the 23rd will be dates to watch out for. I feel like something could pop up between those dates too that isn't persona-based, but it's just an idea i have.
Theres also that dragon quest japanese stream at some point too. I know it's not a special stream or anything, but that's another date we could look to.
Ok it's the 27th.

So there you go, 23rd, 27th, 30th and 31st. :)

edit: Also, enjoy your spring break when it's finally there ;) and in general too :)
HYPE, we need more DQ11 S in our lives, and the world deserves to respect the DQ franchise period.

D

Deleted member

HYPE, we need more DQ11 S in our lives, and the world deserves to respect the DQ franchise period.
I agree.
DQ8 was my childhood, and nobody will make me stop loving the game.
I am excited to get DQB2 and DQXI S too, and I am keeping an eye to see if they port DQ3 to Switch before I try to get the IOS port.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I agree.
DQ8 was my childhood, and nobody will make me stop loving the game.
I am excited to get DQB2 and DQXI S too, and I am keeping an eye to see if they port DQ3 to Switch before I try to get the IOS port.
Would you go ballistic if Eight was the rep for smash over Erdrick or Luminary?

D

Deleted member

I've been considering this for a bit, would any of you be interested in an Erdrick support Discord server?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hardly if ever use discord, but if ever erdrick gets revealed that might be a different story ;)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I’m good no matter what protagonist they go with. Seriously, they’re all special to me somehow. But yeah, Eight, along with Erdrick, are like at the top.

D

Deleted member

Ranking what protags I'd like to see in no particular order, I'd probably go with DQ 1 purely because he's the first and looks like a badass warrior. Erdrick because he's the most iconic. DQ 5 because I considered his whole wanderer look to be cool. DQ 8 because nostalgia.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ranking what protags I'd like to see in no particular order, I'd probably go with DQ 1 purely because he's the first and looks like a badass warrior. Erdrick because he's the most iconic. DQ 5 because I considered his whole wanderer look to be cool. DQ 8 because nostalgia.
Yeah, well, if I had to rank them:

3, 8, 1, 11, 4, 6, 5, Swords, 2, 9, 7, 10

I like Swords. I consider it the consolation prize for DQX. I wish it were its own spinoff branch and we got DQS2, DQS3, etc.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Yeah, well, if I had to rank them:

3, 8, 1, 11, 4, 6, 5, Swords, 2, 9, 7, 10

I like Swords. I consider it the consolation prize for DQX. I wish it were its own spinoff branch and we got DQS2, DQS3, etc.
I'd go for

Luminary (first DQ so he holds a special place in my heart), Erdrick, Madason, Eight, Solo, 1, 2, 9, 6, 7, 10.

The ones that actually have names goes to show who I actually know while the others are purely aesthetic to me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
index2.jpg

images1-2.jpg

That's mostly what i would ask for :)

Of course, I could try to rank the rest too, but I do really much prefer being able to have the alts.
One more reason I wouldn't mind the ones from DQ9, Heroes (1 & 2), and Builders, even if they're maybe less popular. Also, other character classes would be cool too. That's just me dreaming tho :)

index4.jpg
index5-2.jpg

index0.jpg

indexh.jpg

index12.jpg

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
View attachment 198345
View attachment 198351

That's mostly what i would ask for :)

Of course, I could try to rank the rest too, but I do really much prefer being able to have the alts.
One more reason I wouldn't mind the ones from DQ9, Heroes (1 & 2), and Builders, even if they're maybe less popular. Also, other character classes would be cool too. That's just me dreaming tho :)

If we get Erdrick with female skin and Solo alt, along with Builder as a potential second DQ rep, easily some of the best things to ever happen in the universe. Hell bring in Joker since he is a monster tamer?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we get Erdrick with female skin and Solo alt, along with Builder as a potential second DQ rep, easily some of the best things to ever happen in the universe. Hell bring in Joker since he is a monster tamer?
I wouldnt expect two unique dlc characters from the same franchise at this point :p, but yeah that'd be great.

The builders are chibi, so i thought maybe we could see them along with other chibi ones as alts, but they're pretty unique assuming they'd use hammers and building skills. It still wouldnt surprise me if they're characters, but at most it'd most likely be both sets of builders (from 1 and 2).
I dont expect DQ9 because we've only seen the smaller versions of them, not that they couldn't redesign them taller or something.

Since the best bet is heroes that are around the same height, there's still quite a lot of potential there. And at least it's not impossible for the Heroes series :)
The monsters joker could be neat, tho he doesnt fight himself so it might take a lot of work to develop multiple monsters. I thought maybe you meant persona by joker at first :p
But if Joker gets a female mc (and alt in smash) too I'm gonna be pretty happy. :colorful:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Imagine Erdrick getting the anime skin
I guess that wouldn't be totally impossible, considering cloud got the advent children one (tho it did show up in games).
Then you'd have lots of people looking at it even more like Goku and Yamcha.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just wanted to drop something I've been working on lately.

I don't have much free time, so I tried coming up with a technique to speed paint as fast as I could.

And well, I would have loved putting more time and effort into these, especially the details, but I'm in the middle of moving, and I got a few other projects on queue, so here goes.
(Please, image, don't break).

The story here is, Erdrick is using all of his official artwork colors.
#1) GBC colors (whoops, except black hair, my bad)
#2) Battle Victory Road
#3) Famicom boxart (chibi Erdrick)
#4) Famicom manual (chibi Erdrick) and closest to in-game sprite color.
#5) GBC color female
#6) Female priest
#7) Martial Artists
#8) Female Warrior

Two half concepts to make a whole (since I wanted to include the rest of the job classes, but don't have the time). Hope y'all like).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I don't have much free time, so I tried coming up with a technique to speed paint as fast as I could.

And well, I would have loved putting more time and effort into these, especially the details, but I'm in the middle of moving, and I got a few other projects on queue, so here goes.

#2) Battle Victory Road
#5) GBC color female
#6) Female priest
#7) Martial Artists
#8) Female Warrior

Two half concepts to make a whole (since I wanted to include the rest of the job classes, but don't have the time). Hope y'all like).
I wasn't sure what the bottom row was, it's funny. Now i get it.
Nice to see the colors. and always nice to see what people come up with :)

Calane

Smash Ace

#2) Battle Victory Road
#5) GBC color female
#6) Female priest
#7) Martial Artists
#8) Female Warrior

These look great, but that Female Erdrick makes me laugh, lol.

I think the one based on the famicom manual/in-game sprite is my favorite out of them all.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It looks good, but I think I'd prefer it if all of Erdrick's recolors represented the other DQ heroes instead of other variations of himself.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

#2) Battle Victory Road
#5) GBC color female
#6) Female priest
#7) Martial Artists
#8) Female Warrior

Those look awesome. If there is any colour that I hope is translated, it's probably the green nes colours.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind recolors based on the other heroes, and actually that'd be really cool. But you know what's even better? The heroes themselves as alts XD
Nah but I do wonder which colors they'd go with.

Here's a question, if we only get two alt colors (1 for male and 1 for female) because of the other 2 supposed characters as costumes, which 2 colors would you want, or is your favorite? (for any color, be it hero, team member, or other)

Also, this was based on a chibi erdrick i think, but it can still help visualize a few hero colors:
tU88ZDE.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind recolors based on the other heroes, and actually that'd be really cool. But you know what's even better? The heroes themselves as alts XD

Here's a question, if we only get two alt colors (1 for male and 1 for female) because of the other 2 supposed characters as costumes, which 2 colors would you want, or is your favorite? (for any color, be it hero, team member, or other)

Also, this was based on a chibi erdrick i think, but it can still help visualize a few hero colors:
View attachment 198430
For M Erdrick I'd say Madason or Eights colors, for F Erdrick I would do Sofia's colors

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

View attachment 198430
I'd want for Male Erdrick, Luminary and Eights colours. For Female Erdrick give me Sophia and Madason colours.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
It looks good, but I think I'd prefer it if all of Erdrick's recolors represented the other DQ heroes instead of other variations of himself.
That image is interesting, since Toriyama plays DQ, it makes me wonder if there was a loop of influence between the series, especially in the King Piccolo saga, and if Dragon Ball itself would have been the same if Toriyama had never taken the job offer for DQ.

Also crazy how what many consider to be the peak of DB is so near what many consider to be the peak of DQ

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
That image is interesting, since Toriyama plays DQ, it makes me wonder if there was a loop of influence between the series, especially in the King Piccolo saga, and if Dragon Ball itself would have been the same if Toriyama had never taken the job offer for DQ.

Also crazy how what many consider to be the peak of DB is so near what many consider to be the peak of DQ
Now I wanna see a fight between Zoma and King Piccolo :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wasn't sure what the bottom row was, it's funny. Now i get it.
Nice to see the colors. and always nice to see what people come up with :)
Thanks! I would have loved completing a set of 8 for both male and female Erdrick.

These look great, but that Female Erdrick makes me laugh, lol.

I think the one based on the famicom manual/in-game sprite is my favorite out of them all.
Thank you!
Yeah, I know she’s kind of funny. Got her head from a Videl figure, but she looks akward. I was about to include a Sage version (because female Sage is best girl) but looked even weirder I think.

Yeah, I would have whipped up some examples but I decided to prioritize other ideas not yet shown here. I think other hero colors would be 2nd best case scenario (2nd to the actual other hero models, that is).

Those look awesome. If there is any colour that I hope is translated, it's probably the green nes colours.
Same! That turned out to be my favorite as well, for male Erdrick. And Female warrior is my favorite for Female Erdrick.

As to choosing 2 heroes, I’d go for:

(Male)
- Eight
- Madason (aka What Kamisama in human form should have looked like)
(Female)
+ Sofia
+ 9’s female main character

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm surprised to see so much love for Madason . I mean maybe i shouldnt be since DQV is loved quite a bit.
I do think it could be nice as a color scheme since he's kinda different, traditionally seen with a staff and has wind magic instead of fire and lightning.
Wind magic is my favorite but I understand if they wouldn't put it on erdrick. :O

As for me, I think I'd enjoy seeing blue hair so the DQ6 hero (Rek) would be fine :)
And I'd totally like Sofia's colors on female Erdrick if that's all we could get of her.

So along the lines of the leak, it could be

1. Erdrick (default)
2. alt Erdrick
3. Female Erdrick
4. alt female Erdrick
5. Luminary
6. alt Luminary
7. Anlucia.
8. alt Anlucia.

-I know some of you listed 2 colors for each, which is fine because they could go to luminary and anlucia's alts.
Unless you'd like to see luminary have one of his teammate's colors.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

It's really cool finding good Erdrick art. Especially when it comes from renowned talented artists. These are done by Mutsumi inomata, who helped do art for some of the Tales of series.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

It's really cool finding good Erdrick art. Especially when it comes from renowned talented artists. These are done by Mutsumi inomata, who helped do art for some of the Tales of series.
Haven't seen those before. Really like some of the designs :)
Makes me wonder about if there'd been a different artist for the games. It'd have a different feel for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom