• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hawk Samurai, Takamaru Ventures For Smash Switch (Operation #TakamaruForSamSho. See Page 26 for Details)

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
Now as a huge fan of the Samurai games that Takamaru's been in, it's a real shame he wasn't the destined one to make the cut however... With that said, I do believe with all things considered, he's the most likeliest one out of all retro characters in the next game. Assuming Lip, Excitebiker, Balloon Fighter or Ayumi makes it in before him, he is very much guaranteed to be after them. Unless, Sakurai goes with the same trope of him being Japan exclusive. But again, his game released on the 3DS not so long ago. So I wouldn't entirely say that he's japan exclusive. I do hope Sakurai sees that someday...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now as a huge fan of the Samurai games that Takamaru's been in, it's a real shame he wasn't the destined one to make the cut however... With that said, I do believe with all things considered, he's the most likeliest one out of all retro characters in the next game. Assuming Lip, Excitebiker, Balloon Fighter or Ayumi makes it in before him, he is very much guaranteed to be after them. Unless, Sakurai goes with the same trope of him being Japan exclusive. But again, his game released on the 3DS not so long ago. So I wouldn't entirely say that he's japan exclusive. I do hope Sakurai sees that someday...
This is true.

Maybe Sakurai was aware of how the buzz and his game having a Western release, but felt he wasn't a priority inclusion and didn't fit the whole "fanservice approach" Ultimate is going for. Whatever the case may be, we can hope he change his mind the next time.

I would be happy with whatever retro pick we get in the final game, assuming we will get one at all. But here's to hoping.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is true.

Maybe Sakurai was aware of how the buzz and his game having a Western release, but felt he wasn't a priority inclusion and didn't fit the whole "fanservice approach" Ultimate is going for. Whatever the case may be, we can hope he change his mind the next time.

I would be happy with whatever retro pick we get in the final game, assuming we will get one at all. But here's to hoping.
Late, but I can see this being the case too.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I love how even though he's been deconfirmed you guys are still fighting. I also see it as injustice the way Sakurai shafted Takamaru for such a dumb reason (obscurity shouldn't be an issue in 2018). Poor guy deserves it. Sign me up for support.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Not in the support list... add me in. Similarly overdue like Lip but I am unsure how much people in Japan wants Takamaru. I know there are people in Japan who wants Lip but it is kind of small, but she does have those fan made videos. (Which has gotten a good amount of views on each video.)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not in the support list... add me in. Similarly overdue like Lip but I am unsure how much people in Japan wants Takamaru. I know there are people in Japan who wants Lip but it is kind of small, but she does have those fan made videos. (Which has gotten a good amount of views on each video.)
Big difference is that at least PanDePon fans are louder and more passionate. So one can see less fanart and videos for something older like Murasame Castle and Lip's series still went strong.

Although you have a point, both are overdue.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Added both of you. This thread may not live once Smash comes out, I can appreciate any last minute supporters and the Discord is open for anyone that wants to join the movement. We now have a Japanese translator on our side and tons of other projects to come for the future (including with SourceGaming). So things are going smooth so far with a good 68 followers on the campaign's Twitter and 34 for the campaign's Instagram.

Once again, thanks for all the support. We will make sure to never stop spreading the word for Takamaru until he wins this battle.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Added both of you. This thread may not live once Smash comes out, I can appreciate any last minute supporters and the Discord is open for anyone that wants to join the movement. We now have a Japanese translator on our side and tons of other projects to come for the future (including with SourceGaming). So things are going smooth so far with a good 68 followers on the campaign's Twitter and 34 for the campaign's Instagram.

Once again, thanks for all the support. We will make sure to never stop spreading the word for Takamaru until he wins this battle.
Thanks and while it may quiet down, we should still stay somewhat active to let Nintendo know that Takamaru fans haven't given up. There's always next Smash, or who knows maybe even DLC somehow

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks and while it may quiet down, we should still stay somewhat active to let Nintendo know that Takamaru fans haven't given up. There's always next Smash, or who knows maybe even DLC somehow
That's right, we will just have some other places to stay and keep on pushing for Takamau when the time comes.

If the Bombeman and K rool fans did it, so can we.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
75 followers on the Twitter and 38 on the Instagram. Not bad for how long this movement went.

Though we have to see what the future holds for this. Expecially when someone also made a petition to get Murasame Castle rebooted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh ****, the petition now has 47 signatures.

I think I could pin it to the movement if people want that to happen.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh ****, the petition now has 47 signatures.

I think I could pin it to the movement if people want that to happen.
Make that 68.

And I would highly suggest that it SHOULD be pinned since your movement did get it a lot of attention and I am sure Nintendo would want to see this.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Make that 68.

And I would highly suggest that it SHOULD be pinned since your movement did get it a lot of attention and I am sure Nintendo would want to see this.
I am making a poll on the campaign's Twitter now.

Even if most of the followers would obviously say yes.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I am making a poll on the campaign's Twitter now.

Even if most of the followers would obviously say yes.
Still I'm happy for you all. Takamaru is slowly but surely gaining supports everyday.
I hope Takamaru gains an audience among the casuals one day too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still I'm happy for you all. Takamaru is slowly but surely gaining supports everyday.
I hope Takamaru gains an audience among the casuals one day too.
Thanks, it seems most people in the movement are people who heard of him, had Murasame Castle, or seen his other cameos. Which is good, but we do need to branch out.

So I hope we can get some casuals on our side, and not using "fellow kids" memes. We aren't the ronin of dad jokes. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks, it seems most people in the movement are people who heard of him, had Murasame Castle, or seen his other cameos. Which is good, but we do need to branch out.

So I hope we can get some casuals on our side, and not using "fellow kids" memes. We aren't the ronin of dad jokes. lol
I'm no Samurai, but I can still perform dad jokes well.

...Wait.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Hey Ronins. I've been playing around with Soul Calibur VI's character creator and you can almost get a perfect Takamaru in it.

I do wish there was more of a variety of gloves and hair styles but there is so much here already that I can't complain too much.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey Ronins. I've been playing around with Soul Calibur VI's character creator and you can almost get a perfect Takamaru in it.

I do wish there was more of a variety of gloves and hair styles but there is so much here already that I can't complain too much.
This looks amazing.

In other news, I will be announcing that I will be leaving Smashboards permanently.

So anyone can feel free to own this topic, I will focus on my efforts on the overall Takamaru campaign in other places since this one won't be active much. Which is more important in the long run.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
This looks amazing.

In other news, I will be announcing that I will be leaving Smashboards permanently.

So anyone can feel free to own this topic, I will focus on my efforts on the overall Takamaru campaign in other places since this one won't be active much. Which is more important in the long run.
I mean, I'd be happy to take over if you don't want it.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
This looks amazing.

Ouch, didn't know you long but I'll miss you. You are a great person and will be missed.
Good luck with whatever you'll do in the future!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Hello Takamaru fans. I am back and I found the perfect way to push our current Takamaru campaign. I’m here to inform you on a new movement that could help benefit you and other deconfirmed characters a lot. It's called #UpgradeAssists and it's been getting bigger as of late. The idea is that we would bring up arguments as to why that character should be playable or just talking about them with the hashtags #UpgradeAssist and #AssistAlliance. Even if you don't have a Twitter, you can join the server listed below to learn aways of how to push your character. I was respected enough to become one of the top mods of the server. Yes, I am helping lead the movement and this will benefit our Takamaru movement. We gained a bunch of new followers and allies as of late too, which is a good thing.

Anyways, it’s a server and Twitter community all about supporting the idea of AT's and deconfirmed characters being promoted to playable or just still talking about them for the future to come. I advise all of you to join this server and help fight for their cause. It could benefit us for future Smashes if we do everything they say. I advice any ronin who is still with us to follow me. See you all there.

https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf
It's a good server! I'm there and in full support of this project!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's a good server! I'm there and in full support of this project!
And that’s just what we want. To really become a big unified force that will help all of us reach our goals than a singular one. Who knows, it just could reward us all in the future.

Good to be back in my throne here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Soooooo, we got some good news. A Japanese cosplayer named Tobias is on board with us and did thank us for promoting his cosplay with all the credit.

Based on his recent tweets, he is serious about this. Glad the Takamaru for Smash Twitter is doing well after a good 9 months.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooooo, we got some good news. A Japanese cosplayer named Tobias is on board with us and did thank us for promoting his cosplay with all the credit.

Based on his recent tweets, he is serious about this. Glad the Takamaru for Smash Twitter is doing well after a good 9 months.

I was about to post this, but oh well. This is still worth an update

Yes, Tobias was a cosplayer who is known for his Dragon Quest and Takamaru cosplay. I've liked it so much that I shared his 4 best photos along with a link to his blog and recommend people should follow him if they want more. He is very thankful, quoted our post in Japanese and thanked us in English. And not only that, he is on board with the #TakamaruForSmash movement. In addition to Nantenjex supporting us and him at the same time. Can say this is one of the best things that happened for this account this year.

Also, our Twitter now has 134 followers, a new milestone for the new year. But we couldn't had done this without our allies at the #AsssitAlliance, a bigger movement that just may help him and other deconfirmed characters. Our Discord saw a drop in users that left recently. A loss, but we will see what we can do to make the Discord more lively so no one else leaves. Our Instagram also has a good 60 followers since last year, which I will do everything I can to update it.

All I got to say that this is a good year so far and I feel all of this ill be very rewarding.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I found the perfect argument against detractors.

Remember how people say Takamaru isn't well known to kids?

Well let me bring your attention to this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If 1000 people liked the original Disco Marth meme, then it's clear enough kids know who he is. Hell, some of those kids grew up and may know of him as Disco Marth. He is anything but obscure if we all think about this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I found the perfect argument against detractors.

Remember how people say Takamaru isn't well known to kids?

Well let me bring your attention to this.

If 1000 people liked the original Disco Marth meme, then it's clear enough kids know who he is. Hell, some of those kids grew up and may know of him as Disco Marth. He is anything but obscure if we all think about this.
Oh right, I should had done this posts anniversary months ago. Oh well, there's this year and now we are prepared.

I definitely had fun making this post. It relates to one of the points against Takamaru as well as one of the biggest memes involving him. I was going for a "no memes" policy. But this is the exception since well, at least it is a meme with a point and does add to the argument that he's not too obscure.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know, I’m sure it would make sense to tell people about the Best of Takamaru contest hat you are running, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

No harm in bringing in any extra participants that want to show off their skills.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be honest, I was more focused on making this as Twitter only thing as far as who I want to join the honest. But you are right. Those who are mostly in this topic deserve to know this big project that I've cooked up to celebrate The Mysterious Murasame Castle's 33rd anniversary. I will explain everything.

So what I am doing is hosting a contest, a big one that will involve those who support Takamaru or want to join to compete for the best looking replays. What we are looking for is skill and moves polls as far as your Takamaru Miis and acting as impressive with your gameplay as possible. There's 2 weeks left for the contest as of now, so it shouldn't take too long. The grand prize will be a 20 buck eShop card, no need to worry about the region since we will send it to a EU winner if we have one. And all videos submitted to me will be compiled in one big video with the winner and other participants.

To be honest, I never thought of anything to do for Takamaru's anniversary, then this idea hit me after a friend sent me a tribute with a Takamaru Mii as a gift. This would lead me to come up with the idea of this contest. So for anyone who's just now hearing about this, I hope you really think about joining it. Who wouldn't want to help in a cause that gets Takamaru more known?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Happy 33th anniversary to The Mysterious Murasame Castle.

I think we should had taken notice, but GoldenSunday took over everything on the same day. But oh well, it's better than nothing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Hey! We're pushing for more entries! Make use of that cool new Smash video creator and enter to win an eShop card!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey! We're pushing for more entries! Make use of that cool new Smash video creator and enter to win an eShop card!
Good job Shadowlink.

We have 4 entries so far, so who knows how many new contestants we can get. Especially when the 3.0 update make video editing much easier. We are hoping for as many people to participate as possible.

Top Bottom