• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I just learned that I've been on this site for a whole year... Even after my hiatus, it feels surreal to have been here for a year. Thanks to all you guys I've had something to do in school, and I've made a few friends. I love this place.

Message me if anyone just wants to play some smash this weekend, I want to get back into the games. Sm4sh, Melee, I might even try 64 if netplay exists for it.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I just learned that I've been on this site for a whole year... Even after my hiatus, it feels surreal to have been here for a year. Thanks to all you guys I've had something to do in school, and I've made a few friends. I love this place.

Message me if anyone just wants to play some smash this weekend, I want to get back into the games. Sm4sh, Melee, I might even try 64 if netplay exists for it.
It really is something, isn't it? Time flies. And what do you know, around the time I struck one year on Smashboards I was itching to play Sm4sh again. Really puts into perspective how good and how timeless Smash as a series is. After all these months of not playing, I want to get back into it again. Of course, when I do go back into it, my main man Cloud Strife will be with me the whole way through. Along with my girl Corrin and Mr. Jumpman himself... DOCTOR Mario. Because having a low-tier main is fun. xD

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Just like every other time I've gone on a hiatus and came back, I've found a new character I want to play next to my mains.

Music-wise, I've finally settled on what instrument I will switch to when I go into private lessons. I've been wanting to play something new because my previous instrument really wasn't for me despite how long I had been playing it. Ironically enough my mom's friend is manager of a music store that specializes in the instrument I chose. The instrument I chose is viola (not to be confused with violin) and I'm really looking forward to getting started. I'm a little impatient (because as a whole we've been putting off my lessons for 3 months now), but I couldn't be more certain that it will be worth it (This one's for you, Kaori!).

I'm also really taking a good look at myself and I'm trying to iron out a couple personality flaws. I'm trying to be more social without being awkward, working towards being a lot less harsh with my opinions. I love being blunt, and I'll always tell it how it is, but if I ever want people to like me more, or have the ability to date, I'm better off not giving people a piece of my mind. I'm also trying to close the open book that I am. I usually just tell anybody and everybody the unadulterated version of what I'm thinking at all times, and while honesty and openness is good, being TOO open is a bad thing. And also tailors into that whole awkwardness thing. Ever had that moment when you say something weird or stupid and wished you could take it back and save you a headache or a loss in dignity? That's my life in a nutshell. But everything's going to turn out fine.

So, good things all around! Paradigm shifts, new Smash characters I want to learn, and furthering my passion. I haven't felt this good or been this confident about myself in years, and I'm so happy!

(Also new Lillie profile pic. So cute!)

Didn't want to double post, but finally going to look at my mom's friend's violin store so I can get Viola lessons. (Hopefully)

First off: man... Y'ALL NEED TO FIND THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THINGS. *Cough* Anyway... Both of the things from edit #1 are coming true, although the lessons are coming a bit later. I'm currently trying to teach myself how to play viola, and surprisingly it's going pretty well for my second day playing it. I found out that everything about the viola is exactly the opposite of clarinet. Alto clef's ways of remembering the space and line notes are remembering treble clef's in reverse. Instead of FACE for the spaces and EGBDF for the lines, it's EGBDFA (counting one space below the staff and one above) for spaces and FACEG for the lines. Not just that, but on clarinet you put down one finger to make a note lower. Well, on this, you take away a finger to make it lower. I knew that was the case to begin with, but I just thought I'd mention it. And lastly, on clarinet the lower notes are farther away from you, and on this they're closer. Weird, right? Maybe this won't be all that difficult after all. I just have to memorize everything in reverse xD

Just had my first viola lesson last Saturday, and I'm practicing every day to get muscle memory and other stuff down. Viola is a really involved instrument. I mean, you use your entire arm to play it, and every finger has an exact place on the fingerboard and bow. You also have to manage keeping said bow in the middle of the instrument while looking at music.
On another subject, my friend is being very zealous about getting me a girlfriend, so I recently told him I thought this girl in my math class was cute, and now he's all about getting me to talk to her. And I am readily obliging! After I got my positive attitude back, it was time to say "Well, 4th time's the charm" and see what happens. I won't go into the event that took place Tuesday, but let's just say it was a learning experience and gave me the confidence to move forward with getting to know her. I haven't done much, but her locker is two away from mine (so she's about two feet from me) and I can say hi whenever she's around. I haven't done it yet because every time she was around I was either extremely tired or was talking to a friend, but I can promise myself it WILL happen. I think my confidence levels are higher than they've ever been concerning talking to girls, and I will take advantage of EVERY SECOND I can. Can I gush for a minute about how pretty I think this girl is? Now, I've seen girls with pretty smiles (heck, even the not-so-attractive girls have pleasant smiles), but this girl... Her smile increases how cute she is EXPONENTIALLY. It's literally the smile of an angel. She doesn't do it much at school, but when she does... My God is it amazing. If we become friends, it will be my solemn goal to make her laugh as much as possible to see that angelic smile. You can just feel the whole room light up, and it is literally fantastic. Okay, gushing over. Sorry. May have gotten slightly carried away there... xD See you guys later with what will probably be a fourth update. Unless some people start feeling positive... Please?

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Got closure on my most recent crush. I guess I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work out the way I wanted, but on the bright side I feel like I can do anything. Options have appeared for me where there were none before, and I'm no longer afraid to talk to people who seemed too out of the way. My confidence has skyrocketed, and my perspective on people has changed. Before, my thoughts about people my age amounted to "Everybody is scrutinizing you, don't do anything you could potentially regret." Now, it's more like "Nobody legitimately cares about the stuff you do, so lighten up and take risks." I'm thinking about going up to this girl I see sometimes at school and around the library because of this paradigm shift. If I get the opening to do so, I'm going for it. She's usually either with friends or not there at all, so if I can catch her alone at some point, that may be the only chance I have to break the ice. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
A few days ago I found out someone I met two years ago in my freshman year of high school makes music. I decided to check his music out and it ended up being really good. The night I heard his music I texted him to say I enjoyed it and to keep doing what he is doing, because he has a bright future. I went to reddit to post his music and try to bring him some attention, because I can see a lot of potential in him. I don't think anyone has even bothered to look at my thread there, but I'm willing to help him out even though I barely know the guy.

If any of you guys enjoy hip hop music and are willing to check him out feel free to message me so I can send you a link. Also if you do listen PLEASE help me help him out.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
A few days ago I found out someone I met two years ago in my freshman year of high school makes music. I decided to check his music out and it ended up being really good. The night I heard his music I texted him to say I enjoyed it and to keep doing what he is doing, because he has a bright future. I went to reddit to post his music and try to bring him some attention, because I can see a lot of potential in him. I don't think anyone has even bothered to look at my thread there, but I'm willing to help him out even though I barely know the guy.

If any of you guys enjoy hip hop music and are willing to check him out feel free to message me so I can send you a link. Also if you do listen PLEASE help me help him out.
Hell yeah dude, send me a link. I love underground stuff.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Viola lessons are going along swimmingly, and for the first time in music, I feel myself making progress! (although we keep running into instrument issues, like the tuning pegs coming loose, tuning, and the tension on the bow.) I can't wait for the duet me and a friend are going to do during the summer. I'll look like a newbie next to her (she's a virtuoso trumpet player in top band at school) but we're both fine with it, and will work on our unorthodox duet regardless. Viola and trumpet duets... there's music for it. Anyone else agree that the people who wrote duets like these were probably just desperate to play it with their boy/girlfriend?

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
For the last few months, I've been trying (probably too hard) to make a simple, little game and hopefully publish it on mobile. Well, I can safely say that after many tiring weeks, I finally managed to finish it to a point where I was happy enough with it and I managed to get it published!! Granted, it being free-to-play and trying to monetize through ads most likely won't be making me nearly enough money (I really need a job), but hey, that's probably more than what most people ever manage, and I'm just happy I was able to get it done and out there. It feels like the biggest thing I've accomplished in a long time.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
For the last few months, I've been trying (probably too hard) to make a simple, little game and hopefully publish it on mobile. Well, I can safely say that after many tiring weeks, I finally managed to finish it to a point where I was happy enough with it and I managed to get it published!! Granted, it being free-to-play and trying to monetize through ads most likely won't be making me nearly enough money (I really need a job), but hey, that's probably more than what most people ever manage, and I'm just happy I was able to get it done and out there. It feels like the biggest thing I've accomplished in a long time.
For android or iphone? I'd be willing to check it out.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Viola lessons are going along swimmingly, and for the first time in music, I feel myself making progress! (although we keep running into instrument issues, like the tuning pegs coming loose, tuning, and the tension on the bow.) I can't wait for the duet me and a friend are going to do during the summer. I'll look like a newbie next to her (she's a virtuoso trumpet player in top band at school) but we're both fine with it, and will work on our unorthodox duet regardless. Viola and trumpet duets... there's music for it. Anyone else agree that the people who wrote duets like these were probably just desperate to play it with their boy/girlfriend?
Possible, it could also be because they love experimenting with unorthodox duets;)

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
For android or iphone? I'd be willing to check it out.
Android. I have the module for exporting to iOS, but that requires a Mac, which I don't have access to. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here, so I'll shoot you a message with it, if you want

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I've been playing a load of classics such as F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros, Diddy Kong Racing and Killer Instinct Gold recently.
Cool, I remember playing SSB 64 when it first came out in 1999. I got into trouble because I was watching my sister try to get Captain Falcon while I was washing the dishes and I pluged up the food disposaler!:laugh:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
After being inspired to finally go after something I've been pondering for a long time, I decided to begin working on a certain skill I'm going to need in order to do this as well as I want to. I know I'm being vauge, but I want to keep this known by as little people as possible until I feel like I've gotten good enough reveal what it is.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Man, where do I begin? So much has been happening that is good!

First things first, I'm slowly but surely realizing what characters in Smash pique my interest the most. My favorite characters have always been sword characters, but I was never sure which. Then I remembered a certain character who I mained in Brawl. Oh, HI IKE! Long time no play! How have you been buddy? What's that? You're still good? Well, HOT DOG! (Seriously, I'm kicking myself for not only neglecting Ike, but completely forgetting that he was my bestie in Brawl.) My recent surge of Fire Emblem favoritism has really affected my character list. So, that switches my mains list up a bit. Original main list: Cloud, Corrin, Pikachu. Current list: Corrin, Ike. With secondaries in Bowser and Lucina (The latter of which I'm hoping to jump up on that mains list after some practice, and the former probably going to end up as a pocket for mix-ups in locals). I'm looking at Robin too, but as cool as she is, she takes a lot more effort than what I'm really comfortable with, so I'll stick with these characters. More good Sm4sh news, I think I've finally found locals in my area! My school hosts two tourneys a year, but it's never enough real practice, so it's great to have found something (maybe. I don't have a Facebook account, so I haven't gotten on the page yet, but I'll make one soon just to look at it).

Secondly, more paradigm shifts! I've finally built up my confidence and am going to start taking more risks. I realized recently that I had a monumental and crippling fear of risks, which was why I was always scared half to death whenever I tried to go talk to whoever my crush was at the time. I loved playing everything safe, and I survived on that from my elementary school years up through this year. But now I'm finally making the change I need. I've found some exceptionally helpful things online, I've meditated on it with music to drill in the idea, and I'm finally ready to do what I've always been terrified of doing. How I got to be that way is a mystery, and probably will never be solved, but right now I'm taking the steps I need. And with my newfound confidence, I'm ready to take on that hellish being they call 'Dating'.

Lastly, viola lessons going smoothly, as always. Although, I have been looking at violin with all the violin music I've been listening to. I may ask my parents/instructor about it just to see if I prefer it over viola before I get too into my lessons. My instructor has inquired if I've ever thought about playing violin, so I'll bring it up at the next lesson and see what she says.

I've decided to be confident. See, I've had a crush on my friend for as long as we've been friends, and it's finally time I told her. I told her once already, but I took the cowardly way out and did it over email rather than have it feel genuine. But no longer! To show my growth as a person, I'm going to tell her in person. I'm going to look her in the eye and tell her how I feel. The best part about this is that I'm almost certain that she likes me back. The only problem is that when we last spoke about this a couple years back, she told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship and that she was too busy, but I know that things have changed. She has a great sense of humor, is talented, pretty, amiable, fun, and so much more. I really hope it can work out. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Sorry for double posting, but NO ONE posts in this thread anymore. I would actually like my posts to be seen as well, so...

OKAY!
After a long, hard journey of testing, playing, viewing, and making decisions, my very final main selection has been achieved! Guessing by my profile picture you can probably ascertain which two characters I chose. It's Robin and Lucina! The Magician Tactician and the beautiful Future Princess! (With Ike as a secondary/pocket character)
I've found that I click with Robin a lot more than any of the other characters, and Lucina was just an obvious choice. I wanted to learn to play her, and she was my best character all the way back in my days of casual play (when the game first came out), so it was a natural fit. Ike is just here because he was my main in Brawl and I still rock with him now, so I'll be playing him too. I'm going to be finally focusing my practice on a few characters rather than jumping around the cast, and that way I'll improve faster. I can't wait to take Robin/Lucina/Ike to an up-and-coming tournament at my school, it'll be great!

I was going to pick up Mewtwo as well, but I figured two characters was PLENTY to work with, especially all the knowledge that goes into using Robin, so I decided not to.
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
ded thread

But yeah I've been on spring break recently, and it's been great. I bought Zelda Breath of the Wild on Monday, and already have 14 hours on it. It's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
ded thread

But yeah I've been on spring break recently, and it's been great. I bought Zelda Breath of the Wild on Monday, and already have 14 hours on it. It's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviewers give BotW 10/10 scores, and I love Zelda, so I can't wait until I finally get a Switch. And before anyone says anything, yes, I know I could just get it on the Wii U, but I want to support a new console rather than feed money into a dead one. I really want to play Zelda on the go anyway, so it tops getting the Wii version by default.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviewers give BotW 10/10 scores, and I love Zelda, so I can't wait until I finally get a Switch. And before anyone says anything, yes, I know I could just get it on the Wii U, but I want to support a new console rather than feed money into a dead one. I really want to play Zelda on the go anyway, so it tops getting the Wii version by default.
Plus, the Wii U's framerate is a s s

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
is switch framerate a lot better?
Yeah, the Switch barely dips below 60 fps, while the Wii U stays at 60 until you look at anything large or where a lot of npcs are, where it can dip as low as 15. One time my game went around 2-3 fps, but that was my fault cause I led like 10+ moblins into one area lol.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Switch barely dips below 60 fps, while the Wii U stays at 60 until you look at anything large or where a lot of npcs are, where it can dip as low as 15. One time my game went around 2-3 fps, but that was my fault cause I led like 10+ moblins into one area lol.
???

Breath of the WIld caps at 30 on both consoles.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Does it? I guess I'm just stupid, I could have swore it was 60 sometimes.
Hahaha yeah, the game is so beautiful that it tricks you into thinking it's a higher framerate, like when I first unboxed the game with my friends and the first cutscene played, I was like, "woah, this is 60 frames!" and my bro was like, "no that's just you getting exctited." haha

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Hahaha yeah, the game is so beautiful that it tricks you into thinking it's a higher framerate, like when I first unboxed the game with my friends and the first cutscene played, I was like, "woah, this is 60 frames!" and my bro was like, "no that's just you getting exctited." haha
As nice as it would be if all games could be 60 frames, I don't think a game like BotW really NEEDS to be 60 frames.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
As nice as it would be if all games could be 60 frames, I don't think a game like BotW really NEEDS to be 60 frames.
exactly... and for a game that they put as much time and stuff into as Zelda (blowing grass, (fairly) high texture resolution % detail), I'm not surpised it's 1280x720 30fps. (Though when killing Moblins it literally is 0 fps sometimes for a second. idk why.)
I'm just now getting a sense of how vast this game is. I beat the game. Then it said i was only 13% complete.
Good job nintendo :love:
And also being nearly 10 times larger than Skyrim isn't bad either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom