• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, drug conversations are a no-no.....

My classes for tomorrow are cancelled on account to a large typhoon coming in. So no teaching and that means Smashboards all day.

Sarix

Smash Ace
My part-time job is going to be giving more of the holiday hours to permanent employees and reduce the amount of temp workers they have to hire. For each day of the upcoming 3 holiday rush weeks we open our availability up by 2 hours or volunteer to work that day we get entered into a drawing for a $200, $100, and $50 gift card to the store I work at.

So far I have around 3 in each drawing. :D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
edit because day got better

today was just a good day

working on getting an art job right now for a really cool place and i am really excited
making progress on instaburst stuff
making progress on convention prints and stuff
making progress on art i owe people n stuff
class was cool
BLAZBLUE ANIME o ^ o <33333

And, I have my night class with my housemate. So, we just hang out after class! We decided to ditch the usual dollar burger night crew and get dollar tacos at the bar near our house. Much more fun, because i have been feeling annoyed with some friends lately because they love drama too much, and because my housemate and i get along really well because we have become good friends since we moved outta our passive aggressive dorm room of fun last year. we are going to be sharing an artist alley table at youmacon this month as well! yay!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It feels good to be alive and not strangled by stress, sometimes. That is the core of my good mood.

I'm also about to pull a little vanishing act around here fairly soon. A few threads might go bye bye.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Going on Vacation tomorrow!

Edit: I have a new title.

I haven't had a new title since 2007

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
A good friend of mine has a communication disorder, so despite being very bright I was worried that she may never be able to land a good especially considering she was having no luck. She just told me she got a composition job that pays really well and I'm so happy for her. :)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
successfully resisted the urge to tell a grad friend of mine 'YOU'RE NOT MY DAD' when he told me 'shouldn't you be in bed young lady' (different time zones + almost 5am here + i have become the little sister of my major apparently) (i am assuming yelling that at someone im not super close with would scare them which is a terrible idea)

finished line test for a game im on too
super fun

and im making progress on prints

JOY

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am being scheduled for a phone screening for a potential new job. If it goes well then I think it's my job to lose, the only thing is that I wish hadn't told them that I was able to interview at anytime. That makes me seem a bit desperate.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So after 3 months of not hearing back from her, my friend (who happens to be my ex) texts me and I didn't expect it. We talked about college and life and how things have changed. Turns out she has a new boyfriend. Wished her the best.

I really just compartmentalized a lot of things that happened between us towards the end of our relationship and I convinced myself that she thought some bad things of me. Glad this time it felt good talking to her. Now I can stop brooding over pointless **** and get on with myself.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
@Captain Hotcakes: That's awesome. it's always great to get closure. I myself have a had a few best friends as exes so I know how compliated and hurtful it gets, as well as how great it feels to move on. I'm happy for you :)

Funny how great things have been happening for my friends. One of my friends from college who had the biggest crush on another one of my friends, started a meaningful relationship with her 4 years later. It is just the cutest thing. I think he moved from Jersey to North Carolina just for an excuse to stay close to her, I'm glad it worked out for them.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
So on my one year anniversary of playing smash, I managed to get 5th out of about 30 people in a Melee regional. Considering I had only had a week of actual Melee practice (its not my main game), I'm super happy with my placement. Hope in the next year I keep improving and snag a better placing next time.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I had my job interview today and they told me that I got the job. They told me they'd call me tomorrow to discuss when I start work, I'm happy but a lot can still change. They could change they're mind about hiring me, or could decide to lower my pay. I can't get too excited but I'm hoping for the best.

Well so far so good, I was told that I start work next monday. I'm going to the office tomorrow to do some paperwork. I don't have my social security card but I was told that my other documents should be sufficient, I'll bring everything I have just to be on the safe side.

The last time I was offered job, they lowered the agreed upon pay, I'm very afriad that's going to happen again, not just because I need the extra money but also because it would show no grown on my resume/career path. Oh well, I am optimistic that things will work out.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I've just printed out my first two canvases today. I'm very excited, they'll be the first two pieces of art I'll be trying to sell, and if the past few hours are any indication they'll easily sell, maybe quickly too.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yay the money got transferred to my account. I have a thousand things to buy. I'm ecstatic.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
house is cold because we prolonged turning on the heat until our house reached like
45 degrees o---o;;;
so i bought fingerless gloves and theyre cute and we turned on the heat so thats super cool
also had a fun girls night with my friend
we were looking for halloween costumes and catching up and it was super fun uwu

---

planning a fundraiser with a teacher to get an oculus rift + other things for our major, so we started talking about the underclassmen because we need to find younger students to help spread the word

'some students just dont get 3D modeling/3D studio Max'
-goes to raise hand-
'NO YOU BETTER NOT BE RAISING YOUR HAND'

this teacher has been one of my biggest supporters to be more confident in my 3D work (Especially texture work)
he made me eat my words last year during his texture modeling class. i was afraid of texturing and modeling and he just tells me 'you know, YOU of all people should like this because you have strong 2D skills'

....a few weeks later i became the texture artist for our game jam team and made some sweet textures

i like having a teacher like that who supports the students and works with us. hes awesome and he is putting a lot of trust in me with fundraising events and letting me help with underclassmen stuff. its really cool

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Feeling on Cloud Nine right now.
Friend of mine online that I've talked to and known for a little while now is really cool, but I'd been having sort of a problem in that I kinda have feelings for him. Now, I wasn't going to say anything because 1) he lives like, 8 states away 2) he has a girlfriend and I would not DARE do anything that might upset that and 3) I like the friendship we've got going on.

Recently though we were talking and it just sort of came up. I was honest and told I did like him, but valued his friendship and his current relationship more. I was surprised to hear he kind of had similar feelings for me but was likewise valuing our friendship. Not only is this a little flattering to hear, but it feels so awesome to finally have admitted it and I feel our friendship has grown even stronger now. So yeah, feelin' great. c:

/end stupid sappy story

(Oh and I also beat that stupid Matador in SMT: Nocturne today, so that's cool too!)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well my landlord finally saw the huge holes in the walls in my room. And he told me he would fix it without charging me. He may change his mind on that but for now it's good news.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Youmacon was the best convention I have ever been to hands down
It was weird not being a regular attendee, but i honestly enjoyed the artist alley a lot more.
i was table partners with my housemate Jessie (Jinglestan is her artist name on tumblr/da...shes super good). She brought me along with her and her friends and it was just a great experience. I was with a lot of talented artists that were so encouraging and welcoming. I made many new friends from this experience and i really appreciate all that they have done this weekend. so much talent and kindness ; x ;
They even told me to join them for future conventions, which was super nice of them. I really hope I can go c:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New Orleans style Crawfish and Crab for dinner!

Never had it from this restaurant before, but It smells good.

I ordered it to go and eating it later, so I wonder if it's going to be any good microwaved though...

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Score! I've won in a sweepstake today. Go Melbourne Cup!
I've also started an exercise regiment on the Wii Fit Plus, I tire easily but I feel great.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My girl is gonna give birth to our son in about 2 weeks time! :)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Made 100+ dollars at a tournament this weekend selling prints/pins that were left over from youmacon <3
gonna buy a 3ds c:

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I came out to my sister on Saturday. It went well, and I feel like there's one less weight on my shoulders.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
drugs drugs drugs drugs.

Also, been listening to ARTPOP and Mantagi. Between the two, I gotta say I'm fallin' for M.I.A moreso than Gayga.

But yeah, drugs. Oral, anal, smokable, and intervanious.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
drugs drugs drugs drugs.

Also, been listening to ARTPOP and Mantagi. Between the two, I gotta say I'm fallin' for M.I.A moreso than Gayga.

But yeah, drugs. Oral, anal, smokable, and intervanious.
Whatever makes you happy bro.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have a friend who imported a bottle of Czech Absinthe for me. So excited.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I'm actually more excited than happy. I'm preparing to start selling my fractal art pieces on the net and in my local area. I've been making these for nearly a decade now, some of the best ones I posted on deviantArt are now going to be put onto canvas and given global exposure. I'll indulge in a little shameless self-promotion and just put this right here. If you like to see the pieces go to the store link and have a look at the nine in the slideshow.

Top Bottom