• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Guessing Game

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we all guess which newcomer is going to be revealed next.

Anyone up for it? My guess for the next newcomer is a Gen 8 PKMN.

Mafew

Smash Rookie
I think Ice climbers

As for completely new, probably decidueye

Honorable mention: Shrek (Joke)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Spring Man to commemorate the new ARMS tourney.
I think it's entirely possible that we won't get an ARMS character,
if this game was in development before the Switch was made public.

I would hope that Nintendo informed the Smash devs of their IPs in development for the Switch,
but even if the Smash5 devs knew about Spring Man, they wouldn't know about his personality or fighting style.
I'm certain that if Spring Man isn't part of Smash5's initial roster, he's definitely planned to be added now.

(sorry for guessing 3)
I think the next character reveal will be a retro throwback like Balloon Fighter, Takamaru,
or maybe even someone from Custom Robo.

who I really want is Chibi-Robo but I see that being unlikely.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am assuming we are getting nothing until E3. If so, a third party is certain. If I had to guess, it would be Rayman or Crash Bandicoot.

As for a Nintendo character, well chances are the Pokemon Switch game might be at E3. So...a new Pokemon and perhaps a character representing a new IP (Spring Man/Ribbon Girl). Obviously a bunch of veterans that everyone expects at 100% will be there.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think Spring Man is the obvious one. I'll guess Snake and Ridley just got the hell of it though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am assuming we are getting nothing until E3. If so, a third party is certain. If I had to guess, it would be Rayman or Crash Bandicoot.

As for a Nintendo character, well chances are the Pokemon Switch game might be at E3. So...a new Pokemon and perhaps a character representing a new IP (Spring Man/Ribbon Girl). Obviously a bunch of veterans that everyone expects at 100% will be there.
Those are basically my thoughts, perhaps, if not a Pokemon, someone such as Waluigi for Mario Tennis Aces (or just Rex... I guess, e3 seems a little big for that though). But other than that, I imagine it will be similar to the e3 reveal with two newcomers (one of which being Spring Man, absolutely) and a third-party. Your two choices seem to be the most feasible, at the moment. If they wanted to do a bombshell 3rd party, they might save it for DLC or maybe even closer to launch.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Arms will without a doubt have a newcomer. I'm gonna say Springman. I think we'll also see some Inkling gameplay too next time.

splat

Smash Lord
I think they'll either announce a third party character or a returning veteran next as I feel those would generate the most hype.

My guess is that it'll either be Bomberman or the Ice Climbers. The former if they publish a standalone video like they did with Smash 4, the latter if they'll release something more trailerlike (as opposed to the Inkling teaser we got) akin to Brawl's announcement.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Guys remember this is a thread of who you think will be the next character revealed and not a bunch of characters you think are going to be revealed. Unless you're of the belief the next set of characters will be revealed in a Direct or something.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
If its e3 then i think it will be a 3rd party. My guess (and admitted wishful thinking) is crash bandicoot.

If for some reason it is before e3 then it will probably be 1st party. I am thinking Rex.

Top Bottom