• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Guardian Angel of Namco - Valkyrie for Smash Bros Ultimate!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

So I'm guessing that in this game those faces were used for warping and you got some healing from wells?
Wonder what game's that snapshot taken from, looks related to Namco's arcade anthology collections again. :drohmy:

As far as I know in Legend of Valkyrie, the wells do nothing and the face plates were used for platforming during the second half of the first level:

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wonder what game's that snapshot taken from, looks related to Namco's arcade anthology collections again. :drohmy:

As far as I know in Legend of Valkyrie, the wells do nothing and the face plates were used for platforming during the second half of the first level:

This is Pac-Man 99, the latest in Switch Online's complementary battle royales. Themes just like Tetris's are available as DLC with pretty much all retro arcade Namco titles represented, including Valkyrie.

I assumed the well was for healing because I mistook it for the fruit spawn location (which in this theme are replaced with Valkyrie's weapons).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is Pac-Man 99, the latest in Switch Online's complementary battle royales. Themes just like Tetris's are available as DLC with pretty much all retro arcade Namco titles represented, including Valkyrie.

I assumed the well was for healing because I mistook it for the fruit spawn location (which in this theme are replaced with Valkyrie's weapons).
Hooh, then that makes sense - interesting repurposing of those elements. Pac-Man 99's unheard for me, might go check that out~ :4pacman:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If only there was a way to legally play these games over here on current platforms.
Yeah, it's still pretty scattered as far as the games go today. Switch has only a handful of Namco Arcade Classics on it's Museum-release, and NamcoT Collection seems to be mainly focusing the home port versions of these games. Valkyrie's sadly been missing from these collections since the 90s, bit of an irony considering her other quest appearances elsewhere post-millemium.

I wish I could say safely that you can go grab the original Namco Museum-titles for PSX via PS Store with 5th featuring Legend of Valkyrie - but after the store's official closure on after end of June, that's not going to age well.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As of late I happened to come across this cute tidbit from scrapped storyboards of Pac-Man World 1's intro - which used to feature more of classic stars of Namco's arcade classics getting kidnapped before changed to Pac-Man's family due modeling difficulties. Guess who was part of Pac's friends...

Would have made for more comical apperance of Valk, especially with Kurino continuing to talk in complete ignorance. :dr^_^:

Top Bottom