• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Minus has been gone for ages...

Would anyone mind if I took the OP. I'd do tingz like putting Cruxis' pics and Iliad's rage vid (if that's cool) and post other recent hypes. Nothing like the PR threads "da hype" section tho. Mainly pics, quotes, and stuff like dat. Prolly add new subtitles to the thread as well.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I mind, I think its important to leave things how they are, its important to have history. I also would really prefer if tin didn't take over if it was anyone, only because I don't want any new thread title everyweek with something stupid or spam about every little thing over hyped. I'm not trolling, I am being serious and i'm sure others agree

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I actually kinda got to agree with Googs here. I think it's fine the way it is. Save hype stuff for the PR, that's what we have that for.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Eh. I agree.

History is an amazing thing. Looking back, we have all our memories stuck here. Let's keep it the way things are.
I just went back and read some of the early pages. It reminded me of two things:

1. How old I am

2. How much a let-down Other M was.

I say burn the thread.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
don't let it die!

Also I hear Hamilton play LoL alot.. anyone up to play Friday nights?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
So just out of curiosity since it was never asked as far as i know, why did you guys want mk banned again??

-Googs

Smash Lord
I didn't really care either way cause mk isn't even to bad. The game is more fun without him though, it makes counterpicking legit again, allows me to actually ban a stage without having to waste it on brinstar. And doubles is fun again

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Well hello other social thread. Oakville tourney comin' up in a few weeks, expect Ganon to rip out your spine if you don't go. Very slowly though, and you'll probably avoid the first 16 grab attempts.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311233

This advertisement brought to you by Tin Man DI
Please don't **** my Falco again Tin

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So just out of curiosity since it was never asked as far as i know, why did you guys want mk banned again??
Because the way that the game is headed, the scene would have been somewhere between 50%-75% MK within a year or two.

People switch to MK to beat MK and then end up maining MK.

That's not healthy for any game, especially one with 37 characters.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm a bit more on the pro-ban side, but I figured since I'm so new to smash, I didn't want my opinion to be taken into consideration, so I didn't vote. I'm fine whether he's legal or not.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
A tournament with two options:
1) You can use MK, but ONLY MK. No switching characters depending on the stage or matchup, etc
2) You can use any character EXCEPT MK. You can switch from Falco to G&W if someone takes you to Brinstar or whatever, but if you start the set off without going MK, you can't use him in that set.

Just been thinking about a tournament with that as part of the rules, seems kinda cool since it addresses both the problems of people pulling out pocket MKs on your counterpicks and the problems of MK mains being completely excluded from the community if hes banned

fUddO

Smash Ace
A tournament with two options:
1) You can use MK, but ONLY MK. No switching characters depending on the stage or matchup, etc
2) You can use any character EXCEPT MK. You can switch from Falco to G&W if someone takes you to Brinstar or whatever, but if you start the set off without going MK, you can't use him in that set.

Just been thinking about a tournament with that as part of the rules, seems kinda cool since it addresses both the problems of people pulling out pocket MKs on your counterpicks and the problems of MK mains being completely excluded from the community if hes banned
I think that would just accelerate the "everyone mains MK" thing that was starting to happen.

I hope everyone voted today. You still have about an hour if you didn't.

Top Bottom