• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If you haven't added me on PSN yet, you're doing something wrong.

PSN: NiightShade-

I honestly think that the PS3 will last at least another 5 years.

Someone needs to help me get better at SSFIV, I'm so bad it's pathetic.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit that Sony has definitely redeemed themselves from being ****-tastic to now saying they're at least tied with the 360. I see now that the 360 is slipping, where the exclusives are more dynamic and targets different styles of play on the PS3. The reason I still play my 360 over my PS3 is solely the online play. All the multiplayer games I play with friends only have a 360. And although minor, I prefer a 360 controller over a PS3(On the process of making a PS3 controller inside a 360 controller casing).

Gichan

Smash Champion
guys, GEARS OR WAR? WTF is wrong with you guys to forget that game, **** is TOO good. Definitely deeper and better than halo.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Joe imma **** you in the ***.

And I still agree that GC was a decent system. I'd say it is good, but we can settle at ok, but it definitely wasn't a bad system. A bad system is the Wii, not GC.

Also, cause I don't know who is looking at the thread, can anyone help bring systems or tvs for york next wed? We got people from srk coming...don't want to look stupid or else they wouldn't come to next wed tournament.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hold up, aren't you the guy that tried to argue that the GC was a good console? And this is a bad argument? loolololol
nigga please, all I said was its all a matter of opinion, which it is, i think GCN was the best of its gen, u don't, and referring to Gi, he just doesn't like Wii, it aint objectively a bad system, matter of opinion. Therefore its stupid to argue something as factual and objective when using subjective proof :laugh:.

Gichan

Smash Champion
No man....Wii IS a bad system. It really is quite unfortunate because there is OBJECTIVE proof that it is. The system doesn't have a hard drive capacity anywhere near it's competitors, 1.5X that of GC's graphics with games still looking like PS2's best, can't play any movies or music, ****ty ****ty *** online play, ****ty games with jems buried underneath all that trash.

The Wii had soooooooo much potential, I don't know how many o's i can put after so. The motion controls that the wii remote provdes could have been used much better than it has been. Metroid corruptions showed how ****ing smooth a shooter could be. Wario Ware Smooth Moves, game came out like a million years ago, still has one of the best displays of it's potential. Super Paper Mario and WArio Land Shake It! made side scrolling with a nes-like controller fun again. But third party developers just don't know what to do with it or are beyond lazy to even attempt a good game.

I'm not saying it's all graphics and power to make a good game but like the wii came out outdated before its lifespan, tin face the facts. I was once like you when it comes to Nintendo, trust me, ask Mikey and Ambrose. And when I got my 360 I had feeling like I was betraying Nintendo, that's how much loyalty i had. I have a hate for Sony cause of beating out both the 64 and GC. But I shouldn't, why should I? They make great systems and great games, I can't beleiev I wrote that but it's the truth. But, after getting a PS3 and playing game on that, you really gonna still say the wii is good?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Uncharted 2 = best ps3 exclusive.
Anyone who disagrees meet me online, my drunken pistols only style > all uncharted 2 styles.

Also Tin Man if you think its stupid then don't post, you've been at the center of the WORST discussions of this thread, so sour grapes.
You don't have to post in every thread about everything going on.

The Wii is awesome! It has nintendo games! Can't you people see that!? =\

Tin Man

Smash Hero
No man....Wii IS a bad system. It really is quite unfortunate because there is OBJECTIVE proof that it is. The system doesn't have a hard drive capacity anywhere near it's competitors, 1.5X that of GC's graphics with games still looking like PS2's best, can't play any movies or music, ****ty ****ty *** online play, ****ty games with jems buried underneath all that trash.

The Wii had soooooooo much potential, I don't know how many o's i can put after so. The motion controls that the wii remote provdes could have been used much better than it has been. Metroid corruptions showed how ****ing smooth a shooter could be. Wario Ware Smooth Moves, game came out like a million years ago, still has one of the best displays of it's potential. Super Paper Mario and WArio Land Shake It! made side scrolling with a nes-like controller fun again. But third party developers just don't know what to do with it or are beyond lazy to even attempt a good game.

I'm not saying it's all graphics and power to make a good game but like the wii came out outdated before its lifespan, tin face the facts. I was once like you when it comes to Nintendo, trust me, ask Mikey and Ambrose. And when I got my 360 I had feeling like I was betraying Nintendo, that's how much loyalty i had. I have a hate for Sony cause of beating out both the 64 and GC. But I shouldn't, why should I? They make great systems and great games, I can't beleiev I wrote that but it's the truth. But, after getting a PS3 and playing game on that, you really gonna still say the wii is good?
lol yes i really still will say that, it has many things I like that other systems don't. And I believe that its bad because it is technologically incomparable to its competitors (aka because the hardware isn't as sophisticated as the PS3 & 360's). Wish we could talk about this in person but i'll prolly never get to see u again :crying:

Also Tin Man if you think its stupid then don't post, you've been at the center of the WORST discussions of this thread, so sour grapes.
You don't have to post in every thread about everything going on.
fair enough imo.

The Wii is awesome! It has nintendo games! Can't you people see that!? =\
time after time u interpret my opinions as objective statements =/

Gichan

Smash Champion
On a change of topic, I never heard any other song on Narrow Stairs, death Cab for Cutie's latest album released in 2008. I heard "I will possess your heart" and wow this song is sooo ******, I just imagine walking being fun because of this song. It can easily fit in your day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-yP7mb8UE

Overall that album, and no album they'll release, is as good as Plans.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
circa survive gives death cab the bidness

and i thought wii was gonna be THE fps system but all the 3rd party games sucked, ****ing b.s

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Yo ! I'm a smasher from Belgium (Europe) and I'm gonna come to the Canada (Toronto) for 1 month. Feel like playing with me? I'd be glad if I could play with some of you ! I have msn, FB and AiB !

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
There are about 10 players in Belgium so there are no PR ._.
From July 31 to August 27

@Gichan, I don't think I'm that good, I just want to play with some of you =D
Sorry for my poor english level, I speak french haha

.decoy

Smash Ace
Overall that album, and no album they'll release, is as good as Plans.
this. christian is a beast.

circa survive gives death cab the bidness
sorry but but the difference between medicine and poison is

no man, circa survive's vocalist is still way more annoying to hear than dcfc's vocalist. But their music is ridiculous.
this. amirite?

evidence? postal service. /endthread

also death cab live owns circa survive live like 80:20.

also christian...bowerbirds, the acorn, ida maria (STELLA - SONG ****ING OWNS)

MRbloke1

Smash Rookie
I actually really like Death Cab alot, and i dont really listen to alot of indie rock anymore, and there vocalist is
really good and not annoying at all

My post is now related ! I finally have my copy of SSF4 and my fight stick, however no console til monday.
Who's ready?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
There are about 10 players in Belgium so there are no PR ._.
From July 31 to August 27

@Gichan, I don't think I'm that good, I just want to play with some of you =D
Sorry for my poor english level, I speak french haha
looks like we will have 1 tournament on the 21st of august in Toronto, so you could reach that, stick around here so that u can get updated. Have u played anywhere outside of Belgium?

Gichan

Smash Champion
tin, what music do you listen to? Cause i've never seen you post about music, I'm curious.

Yo branflakes, bowerbirds is such good music but I couldn't get into some of their songs. I'm assuming I'm like the million others whos favourite song is "in our talons", it's just too good. But "my oldest memory" is also very ****ing good. I couldn't get into idamaria at all, I'm not too big on punk. Didn't get around too much for acorn but "crooked legs" was pretty amazing. thing is with that band is I dislike the vocals. They do't go too well with the music, his voice adds too much folk element to it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
psn: Runawayfire
PSN = Alex-Dist
PSN: MRbloke67
PSN: mstrcheef
PSN: NiightShade-
took a lil while but I added all of yall, who am I missing (cyan, SRTM, and...)

tin, what music do you listen to? Cause i've never seen you post about music, I'm curious.
I never post about music cause I have nothing to contribute lol.I barely know when new music comes out, don't drive much at all, so I pretty much never listen to radio. I barely know any artists (well I do know enough artist but i more than often can't match an artist with a song of theirs), and in general, the whole topic just doesn't interest me, so ignore it.

That being said, I like Rap, Hip Hop, R&B, & Reggae. Those are my favorites, I also like rock music, don't like country tho.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
looks like we will have 1 tournament on the 21st of august in Toronto, so you could reach that, stick around here so that u can get updated. Have u played anywhere outside of Belgium?
I haven't. I'll stick around =D

Iliad

Smash Lord
Friends, I have sad news to report that prolly isn't news to anyone.

Pownz has died a terrible death, officially.

However, me and Lorenzo will be working to host tourneys fairly regularly at a venue not far from where Pownz was located.

Thought you all should know.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The remodeling of pownz with them fancy cabs couldn't have been cheap either. I'm just going to imagine they didn't make quite as much additional profit off of them as they hoped. They were dope though.

Top Bottom