• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gregfather: Part XXCCCLXXXIV

oksas

oak-sauce
January 4 2013
Tucson, AZ

Melee Doubles (7 teams)
Challonge Link
1. Silly Kyle & HF Neon ($42)
2. Tai & Taj ($21)
3. Axe & K9 ($7)
4. Frosty & JTB
5. DustDevil & AcidAngel (Jackie)
5. Peachfuzz & Fortefreak
7. MexRay & Mano

Project M Doubles (6 teams)
http://challonge.com/gregfatherpd]Challonge Link[/url]
1. Axe & K9 ($36)
2. Silly Kyle & HF Neon ($18)
3. Peachfuzz & Fortefreak ($6)
4. Miles & TommyDerMeister
5. Spider-Trunks & FingerStripes
5. Doge & Trevor

Melee Singles (26 entrants)
http://challonge.com/gregfatherms]Challonge Link[/url]
1. Axe ($78)
2. Tai ($39)
3. Silly Kyle ($13)
4. PlayerPianist6
5. GG7
5. Vixen
7. HF Neon
7. Oksas
9. Fortefreak
9. Peachfuzz
9. Janet
9. JTB
13. OP Machine
13. DustDevil
13. BigAgnes
13. luck
17. Frosty
17. Chio
17. MexRay
17. Mano
17. Neha
17. Kitten
17. Melt
17. AZ
25. joshuwasha
25. yeester

Project M Singles (28 entrants)
http://challonge.com/gregfatherps]Challonge Link[/url]
1. Silly Kyle ($84)
2. HF Neon ($42)
3. Taj ($13)
4. K9
5. Axe
5. GG7
7. Burnsy
7. PlayerPianist6
9. Tai
9. Vixen
9. Oksas
9. TommyDerMeister
13. Fortefreak
13. MexRay
13. OP Machine
13. FrenZ
17. Frosty
17. Peachfuzz
17. Doge
17. Trevor
17. Alex
17. Stin
17. Miles
17. Eric
25. Mano
25. JTB
25. DustDevil
25. Kitten
25. dq'd (explained below)
* one player was entered but was dq'd after two hours; therefore payouts were really based on 28 entrants

I will try tomorrow to update this with all the character images, but since I don't know who everyone played. any help is much appreciated. Also I'm not sure why the tags aren't working for 3 of those so I'll sort that out too!

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I suck.

:C

Thanks for the tournament, guys. Shoutouts to people not realizing that I was having a hypoglycemic fit and not letting me break for food, and instead forcing me to play my matches in a gauntlet.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I suck.

Thanks for the tournament, guys. Shoutouts to people not realizing that I was having a hypoglycemic fit and not letting me break for food, and instead forcing me to play my matches in a gauntlet.
Blood sugar johns.

You could have brought your own food and said, "**** you, I need to eat first."

Stop victimizing yourself and saying you were forced to not eat. Ridiculous.

Vixen

Premium
Blood sugar johns.

You could have brought your own food and said, "**** you, I need to eat first."

Stop victimizing yourself and saying you were forced to not eat. Ridiculous.
I originally planned on this, but we didn't have any food at the house.

Stop being a ****ing asshole and care about someone for once in your life.

Ridiculous.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
It's unfortunate that it happened, but there's no need to lash out at people for it; I'm sure nobody was trying to make you pass out from hunger. It's not like hypoglycemia is a common occurrence at Smash tournaments. TOs will be reasonable if you make it clear that it's a health issue. If you weren't aware at the time that it was a health issue, you'll know better for next time. Let's just laugh this off and learn from it, eh?

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
lol are you serious?
I'm serious because I literally brought my own food and said, "**** you, I'm eating right now," when I was being rushed for a match.

Crystal, last tournament at Greg's I gave you pizza for free. I would say something along lines of, "how dare you call me careless," but there's no point in arguing with emotional wreck.

Would John ever be genuinely a **** and DQ you for eating? No. And here you start a shout out thread by being a prick for no good reason. You don't deserve empathy considering how often you cry wolf.

Get your **** together.

oksas

oak-sauce
I suck.

yo dawg I was TOing and I even left the tourney to go home and eat food and everything worked out fine. nobody physically prevented you from eating or going out to eat. nobody replying when you say "hey does anybody want to go get food" does not equate to everyone being an asshole. you make it sound like you not having any food to bring is everyone else's fault

to be fair though, next time we should probably all bring our "is crystal having a hypoglycemic fit?" detectors

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
fun tournament, I can't wait to play more az people :)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I'm serious because I literally brought my own food and said, "**** you, I'm eating right now," when I was being rushed for a match.

Crystal, last tournament at Greg's I gave you pizza for free. I would say something along lines of, "how dare you call me careless," but there's no point in arguing with emotional wreck.

Would John ever be genuinely a **** and DQ you for eating? No. And here you start a shout out thread by being a prick for no good reason. You don't deserve empathy considering how often you cry wolf.

Get your **** together.
Calling her an "emotional wreck" isn't helping anyone. Nobody's going to listen to someone who says things like that to them, let alone change the way they act. I don't think she's blameless as I've already said, but can we please not snap at each other like this?

Vixen

Premium
If this is the way Jackie and Co are going to treat me, I'd just rather not be a part of the community anymore.

Vixen

Premium

Get your **** together.
"Being a prick for no reason."

"Crying wolf"

Before I started to play Kyle and K9, I said that if I didn't get any food in me, I would either throw up, or pass out. I was pale, and my hands were shaking profusely. Half-way through my set with Kyle I tunnel visioned, and literally started to faint. I only kept myself awake by chugging a bottle of water. What did I do after? I walked over to the couch and fell asleep.

I guess I'm not allowed to defend myself, ever.

I'm sorry for calling you careless, but that is how you come off sometimes, and how dare you accuse me of crying wolf.

oksas

oak-sauce
crystal I'm beginning to think you really like negative attention on yourself. this **** happens like, all the time

if you're going to blame the arizona melee community for you not being proactive enough about bringing food or going to get it then I would rather etc etc. you had all day to sort this out

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I meant crying wolf with starting drama, not hypoglycemia. I also find humor in your imitation of my conclusions.

As for responding to you,
Four options:
Address you positively
Address our neutrally
Address you negatively
Ignore you

A) I don't condone your behavior
B) What's the point
C) Being real with you
D) What most people do and what I might as well do now since you can't handle C. And yet you wonder why so many people ignore you in general.

I'm done with this.

Shoutouts:
Greg for hosting.
John for TOing
Water bottles for hydrating
Phoenix <3

goateeguy

Smash Ace
just looked at the results LOL @ pianoplayer6. who was that? also why didn't taj do 1v1
Unless I'm terribly mistaken, Jackie is playerpianist6. Taj is mostly retired, he only really shows up to hang out and make some money when he feels like it. He'll most likely be labelled inactive on the next PR.

Vixen

Premium
crystal I'm beginning to think you really like negative attention on yourself. this **** happens like, all the time

if you're going to blame the arizona melee community for you not being proactive enough about bringing food or going to get it then I would rather etc etc. you had all day to sort this out
I don't like negative attention at all. I don't START stuff like this, people just fail to understand me, and I have no idea why that happens.
I didn't have food of my own at home to bring, and I tried several times to go get food. You KNOW I don't have transportation.
but I guess it's always my fault. Whatever, then. Thanks a lot, guys. AZ melee community top tier.

Thanks for hosting, Greg. Thanks for the rides, Tymon, and John. Kinda sucks that I brought two full set ups and neither were used.

As for the videos: I've been editing the local recordings, turns out splitting/converting a 10gb file is basically ****ing impossible/far too time consuming, and the matches around melee WF/LF started to stutter on the stream and local recordings. I think it's because of heat issues, because I was only using about 50% physical memory, and 35% of my 4 cores. Not enough for jitter to be a problem, normally.

Should I bother uploading the hq vids, or upload the 480p stream archive videos to youtube, instead?

Last edited:
Top Bottom