• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Warrior Has Been Summoned! Galacta Knight for Smash!

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
"Let us bring back a legendary swordsman from a forgotten time. He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life." -Star Dream

Galacta Knight, the strongest warrior in the galaxy and rival to Meta Knight, so powerful he was sealed away in a crystal prison, only being awakened by Meta Knight's wish to become stronger. Since his debut in 2008's Kirby Super Star Ultra, HAL has made a tradition of fighting a powerful swordsman near the end of Kirby games, and most commonly is it none other than the greatest warrior himself. Unfortunately his prevalence as of late I find to be overshadowed by his lack of prominence. As said earlier, though he does show up a lot it's all just for the sake of the fight, once the fight is over he's gone without a word, as such he has a huge lack of any lore or story which is disturbing given that pretty much all other Kirby villains have very peculiar backstories when you look behind the scenes. I still love the character myself, but I do think he could use some more prominence in Kirby before he comes to Smash. Regardless however, I would still be very excited to see him get in.

Galacta Knight wields a lance and shield, and has a multitude of magical abilities such as summoning pillars of lightning from the ground, creating tornadoes and firing blade beams similarly to Meta Knight, using his lance to cut through reality releasing a beam of space onto opponents, and even then more where that came from! It's hard to pinpoint exactly what he'd do with his magic since it's all so varied, but I imagine he'd be using his lance and shield for most of his standards, thrusting with his lance to deal quick damage and bashing with his shield to deal heavy damage and knockback. He is not afraid to use his immense power to fight any that summon him, so you best brace yourself whenever you find yourself on the same battlefield as him.

What do you think of Galacta Knight in Smash? Think he needs to get in as soon as possible? Think he should stay away from Smash? Or maybe you're like me, a fan of the character that acknowledges it is not his time yet. Whatever it is, let us know! And thanks for reading!

Artwork by Wolfwrathknight

Galacta's Knights (List of Supporters)

Quillion Quillion
@Lampy
RetroMetalSonic RetroMetalSonic
The Goldenbrawler The Goldenbrawler
MrElectroG64 MrElectroG64
S SEGAGameBoy
Lisbon Mapping Lisbon Mapping
DuckHuntDork DuckHuntDork
R RetrogamerMax
NintenEdgyMan NintenEdgyMan
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
First to say that I support, and I also have an idea for what specials he can bring:

• Neutral B: Light Sword: His projectiles from RtDL
  • Side-B: Wing Rush: Rushes forward leaving afterimages
  • Down-B: Lightning Pillar: Lightning attack from RtDL, admittedly similar to Pikachu's Thunder.
  • Up-B: Dimensional Rift: Slashes into space from Planet Robobot, hides, then appears in another rift.
  • Final Smash: Light Sword Rain: Flies upwards, summons a massive number of Light Swords, and rains them down on the battlefield.
See, he has moves that can be distinct from Meta Knight!

D

Deleted member

I may want Bandana Dee and Marx more but I'd be cool with any Kirby character as long as Dee gets in first, and Galacta Knight happens to be my favorite Kirby character so I support.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I may want Bandana Dee and Marx more but I'd be cool with any Kirby character as long as Dee gets in first, and Galacta Knight happens to be my favorite Kirby character so I support.
No reason we can't have both. Especially when Kirby had an impressive golden age lasting about six years that only arguably ended with Star Allies. Even then, Star Allies is pretty solid.

D

Deleted member

No reason we can't have both. Especially when Kirby had an impressive golden age lasting about six years that only arguably ended with Star Allies. Even then, Star Allies is pretty solid.
I never said we can't, just that I want one more than the other.

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
Hm.... I would say that Galacta's specials would be something like:

Neutral - Galacta Blade - The sword-like projectiles that Galacta Knight creates. Each one does about 13% and mild knockback, and can reflect/bounce off of surfaces exactly once (I'm not sold on that amount of damage - I'm still fuzzy on how much damage something should reasonably do). Customs could include a variant where the blades bounce more but have less power, one where there's only one blade for more damage, or multiple blades for much less damage.

Side - Galacta Rift - Galacta Knight's attack where he cuts open a gap in spacetime and unleashes havoc using the beam. About 23% damage, but it's best used in the air, where it'll be angled downwards (on the ground, it shoots straight forward). Even then, the beam is definitely much thinner than it is in his boss fight in PR. Customs probably include a rift that just returns projectiles.

Up - Galacta Dive - Galacta Knight flies into the air and then stabs down. The flight does no damage but the stab does about 12%, 16% at the tip. No idea what the customs would be, maybe one is a Shuttle Loop clone (lol).

Down - Galacta Tornado - The classic move where Galacta Knight stabs the ground to create a whirlwind. This doesn't do much damage, but it has incredible upwards launching ability, making my closest comparison being the tornadoes on Hyrule Castle 64. Customs replace the tornado with a shockwave of energy.

Side smash is probably Galacta Knight's sword beam - Mega Man and Villager show that projectile Smashes are definitely a thing now. Down smash is probably a pillar of fire, and up smash is likely an incredibly strong jab upwards (or should that be the up tilt?). Either the dash or the neutral aerial is likely the spinning attack similar to Meta Knight's tornado move.

Final Smash is Morpho Knight! It's a transformation-type similar in vein to Lucario's. Basically, the orange butterfly transforms Galacta Knight into Morpho Knight, and Morpho Knight is then yours to control! All regular sword attacks now produce projectiles as well. The Galacta Tornado is replaced by a move where Morpho Knight instead buzzes his wings to generate incredibly powerful shockwaves. After a bit, Morpho Knight dissolves into butterflies, leaving Galacta Knight behind and intact.

Entrance... Probably breaking out of that crystal.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hm.... I would say that Galacta's specials would be something like:

Neutral - Galacta Blade - The sword-like projectiles that Galacta Knight creates. Each one does about 13% and mild knockback, and can reflect/bounce off of surfaces exactly once (I'm not sold on that amount of damage - I'm still fuzzy on how much damage something should reasonably do). Customs could include a variant where the blades bounce more but have less power, one where there's only one blade for more damage, or multiple blades for much less damage.

Side - Galacta Rift - Galacta Knight's attack where he cuts open a gap in spacetime and unleashes havoc using the beam. About 23% damage, but it's best used in the air, where it'll be angled downwards (on the ground, it shoots straight forward). Even then, the beam is definitely much thinner than it is in his boss fight in PR. Customs probably include a rift that just returns projectiles.

Up - Galacta Dive - Galacta Knight flies into the air and then stabs down. The flight does no damage but the stab does about 12%, 16% at the tip. No idea what the customs would be, maybe one is a Shuttle Loop clone (lol).

Down - Galacta Tornado - The classic move where Galacta Knight stabs the ground to create a whirlwind. This doesn't do much damage, but it has incredible upwards launching ability, making my closest comparison being the tornadoes on Hyrule Castle 64. Customs replace the tornado with a shockwave of energy.

Side smash is probably Galacta Knight's sword beam - Mega Man and Villager show that projectile Smashes are definitely a thing now. Down smash is probably a pillar of fire, and up smash is likely an incredibly strong jab upwards (or should that be the up tilt?). Either the dash or the neutral aerial is likely the spinning attack similar to Meta Knight's tornado move.

Final Smash is Morpho Knight! It's a transformation-type similar in vein to Lucario's. Basically, the orange butterfly transforms Galacta Knight into Morpho Knight, and Morpho Knight is then yours to control! All regular sword attacks now produce projectiles as well. The Galacta Tornado is replaced by a move where Morpho Knight instead buzzes his wings to generate incredibly powerful shockwaves. After a bit, Morpho Knight dissolves into butterflies, leaving Galacta Knight behind and intact.

Entrance... Probably breaking out of that crystal.
I still don't think Morpho is anything but his own character that can instantly vaporize Galacta.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I'll support the strongest warrior in the galaxy. He'd probably be a fun character to use if he was playable.

Also, one little thought... What if that shield of his operated similarly to Link's/Toon Link's shield and it automatically blocks projectiles if he stood still or walked slowly? That's a little feature I would like to be used by more characters. Especially Galacta.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Honestly, I'm a supporter of the idea. He's definitely the kind of character I would likely swap over to for my main. However, I'm torn between him, or Marx. Marx feels like he'd be more unique, offering a likely complex moveset, while Galacta Knight seems like he'd most likely end up a Meta Knight clone (although with some alterations, like the change in weapons and the addition of a shield). Either way, Bandana Dee seems a bit more likely than both of them, which is kinda unfortunate, as I much prefer Galacta Knight and Marx.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I definitely support Galacta Knight!

He and Marx and my favorite Kirby characters, and I'm pushing for him right behind Marx. In fact, I'm making a moveset for Marx as we speak, similar in the vein to the moveset bellow, and plan to make two different movesets for Galacta Knight! one as a semi-clone and one as a totally unique fighter. I'd be fine with either, since even as a semi-clone I feel like it could still do him a great deal of justice, but a totally unique one is never a bad thing!

I'd also like to say that the chances of Galacta being playable area honestly not bad at all, considering he's appeared in every mainline kirby game since his creation on SSU. So I'd say at least a clone/semi-clone of Meta Knight is almost sure to happen.

Here are some movesets for Louie from Pikmin as an example, going from a spectrum of Semi-Clone all the way to insane evil territory. I'll do something similar to this for Galacta.
Semi-Clone
Louie (Semi-Clone) Moveset.jpg

Survival Instincts
Louie (Survival Instincts) Moveset.jpg

King of Bugs
Louie (King of Bugs) Moveset.jpg

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Detractor here, I think Dark Matter Swordsman would be a better Kirby villain since he is canon and the fact Dark Matter have influenced almost every Kirby trope and final boss. Galacta is just the current director’s oc he shoehorns around, Dark Matter have history and their influence to Kirby still remains to this date.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Detractor here, I think Dark Matter Swordsman would be a better Kirby villain since he is canon and the fact Dark Matter have influenced almost every Kirby trope and final boss. Galacta is just the current director’s oc he shoehorns around, Dark Matter have history and their influence to Kirby still remains to this date.
I'd love to see Dark Matter Swordsman as well, I think he's great.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I support. I'd want him to be an Echo though.
I too support, but only as an echo of Meta Knight. This is one of the few cases where I'm really gunning for a character to be an echo rather than a full-fledged fighter. (Dark Meta Knight could also work, but he isn't as unique as Galacta Knight. And plus, we already have two echos who are simply "dark" versions of their counterparts)

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Galacta really should be in, even if as an echo of Meta Knight, he's had quite consistent appearances since his debut.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Galacta Knight would be amazing in Smash. Not only do I support this character, but I would be super bummed if he didn't get in.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Galacta Knights moves differ almost completely from meta knights, and wouldn't work well as an echo.
It would be a bit of a disservice to the character considering all the intense and powerful magics he has, but on a game to game basis Galacta Knight has always shared a decent chunk of his moves with Meta Knight, most notably their basic slash attacks, mach tornado, and their blade beam which is not present in Smash Brothers.

Personally I'm not to big on echoes and I think adding to many would bloat the roster, but I'd say if they reaally wanted to they could get away with making Galacta an echo (I'd be pretty awkward if he just didn't use his shield at all tho).

I think he'd work best as a semi clone, sharing some moves with Meta Knight but changing it up where it counts.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It would be a bit of a disservice to the character considering all the intense and powerful magics he has, but on a game to game basis Galacta Knight has always shared a decent chunk of his moves with Meta Knight, most notably their basic slash attacks, mach tornado, and their blade beam which is not present in Smash Brothers.

Personally I'm not to big on echoes and I think adding to many would bloat the roster, but I'd say if they reaally wanted to they could get away with making Galacta an echo (I'd be pretty awkward if he just didn't use his shield at all tho).

I think he'd work best as a semi clone, sharing some moves with Meta Knight but changing it up where it counts.
That'd make more sense than an echo

Quillion

Smash Hero
I hate how everyone is sleeping on Galacta Knight as the best new prospective Kirby character. It's all about Bandana Waddle Dee for some reason, even though at this point Galacta Knight has made more major appearances than Bandana Dee, who only has a bunch of minor appearances and a few major ones to his name.

Honestly, being a semi-echo improves Galacta Knight's chances since they can just reuse a lot of Meta Knight's animations.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I hate how everyone is sleeping on Galacta Knight as the best new prospective Kirby character. It's all about Bandana Waddle Dee for some reason, even though at this point Galacta Knight has made more major appearances than Bandana Dee, who only has a bunch of minor appearances and a few major ones to his name.

Honestly, being a semi-echo improves Galacta Knight's chances since they can just reuse a lot of Meta Knight's animations.
Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the four main characters of Kirby, Galacta knight was one non canon villain with five appearences. Dee has had twelve, with more definitely coming. Your right though, Galacta Knight could be the next main character after him if he actually makes a canon appearence

Quillion

Smash Hero
Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the four main characters of Kirby, Galacta knight was one non canon villain with five appearences. Dee has had twelve, with more definitely coming. Your right though, Galacta Knight could be the next main character after him if he actually makes a canon appearence
Quality over quantity, man. Galacta Knight's appearances were more major than Bandana Waddle Dee's multitude of minor appearances.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Put me on the support list please. I think Galacta Knight would be a kick *** Echo Fighter of Meta Knight. I don't want that alt of Meta Knight's, I want the real damn thing! GIVE US GALACTA KNIGHT SAKURAI!!!

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Galacta Knight could be a semi-echo. We can't have Galacta Knight without his Light Swords or Lightning Pillars.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How else is he going to get in besides being a Echo or a semi-clone? Only Bandana Dee and maybe Marx are of the caliber of receiving a unique moveset treatment for Smash. Don't get me wrong, almost every Kirby character is unique, but not all of them are that important enough to take priority like that off of more deserving characters from other franchises that need that unique moveset treatment more.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
How else is he going to get in besides being a Echo or a semi-clone? Only Bandana Dee and maybe Marx are of the caliber of receiving a unique moveset treatment for Smash. Don't get me wrong, almost every Kirby character is unique, but not all of them are that important enough to take priority like that off of more deserving characters from other franchises that need that unique moveset treatment more.
Yeah, but I feel like that would take away from Galacta knights title as the most powerful knight in the galaxy. I mean, sure, they could do that, but it would basically be dark samus and would feel super off

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yeah, but I feel like that would take away from Galacta knights title as the most powerful knight in the galaxy. I mean, sure, they could do that, but it would basically be dark samus and would feel super off
I think sharing all of Meta Knight's normals and maybe one special will be good enough. All he really needs are his Light Swords and Lightning Pillars.

Top Bottom