• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Great Fairy Fountain II : Zelda Data & Research Repository

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
FWIW, hitstun like that happens when you have really high knockback on an autolink angle

old gif I had lying around of Greninja's jab3 edited to have ridiculously high knockback and a 365° angle:

That said, I don't remember Phantom having any autolinks, but maybe that one specific charge level just has some quirk to its data.
Is there any chance that somehow the weighted kb numbers scale with charge too? I mean like, something just looking at the data wouldn't imply?

Because the windboxes at that charge start using rather high wkb numbers (enough at full charge to cause legitimate hitstun after the patch) could it be that the 50wkb of level 2 attack type scales, gets to some weird point in this "stage 6" that it causes a similar interaction to an autolink with super high kb?

I mean, I'm just spitballing here because the situation is way too much like the Sheik Up B disappear into reappear hitbox interaction from Brawl that I've gotta believe it's the same.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
I think we need to give it a cooler name, especially if we can actually work out the timing and positioning to make it at all consistent.
"Phantom Semi-spike" is decently descriptive, but dry.
My vote is for "Visceral Strike" as inspired by Bloodborne.
But "Phantom Crit" would also be good.
Your opponent will likely be calling it "WTF Was That Jank Nonsense."
Any other ideas here?

I agree that this really looks like a result of the sword hitbox being interrupted by the very end of the buffed windbox.
Pursuing that line of thought first should either yield answers or clues as to what's causing the interaction.

Top Bottom