• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GP Affairs Ep. 1 "SCHWING! LoZ's Secret Word!" - Bloomington, IN - 10/23/10

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
, In Conjunction With
Bloomington

Presents,
The GP Affairs!
Episode 1: "SCHWING! LoZ's Secret Word!"

From the makers of the Holy House series and some kind of crazy tournament that had a bunch of J's in it comes a new series of tournaments in Historic Bloomington, Indiana! This series of tournaments aims to help buff the Indiana smash scene, as well as force good smashers to come to Indiana because they all live in like Ohio and stuff, through the use of tournaments hosted once every few months.

Your Stars for The Evening
Owen Wilson as Th3 Composer
John Leguizamo as LoZ
And introducing Patton Oswald as MaskedAvnger

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 10:00am - 11:30am

What is this, Pay-Per-View?
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles
(Per teammate--20$ per team)
$2 Venue Fee. However, a FULL SET-UP will result in a waived venue fee!

The Side Event might be Brawl- but for real this time, but it depends on set-ups. Speaking of which...

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

AiB Link: TBA
Facebook Link: TBA

RULES AND JUNK
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the game ends in Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/Dedede suicide, do not go into sudden death, and whoever initiated the kill move is the winner.
No glitches—if you are responsible for the start of a glitch, then you forfeit the match.
You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
Stalling* is banned.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium [Melee]
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl]
Pictochat
Brinstar
Distant Planet
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.

101 W Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
Map!

The Venue is the same as the last one--the game rooms in the basement of the mall. Basically, you go downstairs and turn right, and we'll be there playing. There will be signs, and an employee of The Game Preserve will be happy to give you directions downstairs as well.
As for parking, there's a garage on 4th street that connects directly to the mall, and parking is free! It's pretty sweet.

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Registration
Since the members of a certain website who develop a certain bracket program are jerks about macs, I've decided to experiment with a new bracket program called Tonamento.

There are several pros to Tonamento--since it's browser based, people who are viewing the bracket on the webpage will get bracket updates as soon as I update them--no more waiting on bracket updates that might not come until well after the tournament is finished.

The major con, however, is that you have to be signed up on the website to be able to be put into the bracket. So I'm asking everyone who is planning on attending to go now and make an account on Tonamento to try and save as much time as possible once tourney day rolls around.
Tonamento
Tournament Page (Please sign up here as well!)

Attendance
1. Th3 Composer
2. LoZ
3. Avenger
4. Squid
5. Jekyll
6. Thomas
7. Jayford
8. 4bidden
9. Krystedez
10. be@st
11. Hadesblade
12. Hilt
13. Crafoursh
14. Oreo
15. Zephil (?)
16. Tactical (?)
17. XeroXen (?)
18. Huntington (?)
19. Rogueblades
20. Spin
21. Sovereign
22. steep
23. Technical_Chase (?)
24. Lain (?)
25. L_Cancel (?)
26. Sneaky Tako
27. Infern
28. Y.b.M.
29. Today
30. Renegade

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I think I might try to make it out to this. Just maybe. It's quite a drive from where I'm at, after all.

I have a wii, no TV though, so if someone brings a TV, we'll have all sorts of a full setup.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I dunno man if there's anyone that knows about style it's probably oreo :laugh:

Edit: If Distant Planet is on, there's no reason for Japes not to be XD

Count

Smash Champion
I dunno man if there's anyone that knows about style it's probably oreo :laugh:

Edit: If Distant Planet is on, there's no reason for Japes not to be XD
We should add Mansion and Yoshi's Island: Pipes while we're giving Olimar free wins <3

Talking about DP not japes lol.

edit: also joe I told you on aim if I go/ren doesn't go I can team. But I'm not sure about either of those especially because I have like 2 exams the next week :(

double edit: if i dont' go jake will probably kill me lol. his tournaments are on the worst days for me a lot of the time :( :(

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
We should add Mansion and Yoshi's Island: Pipes while we're giving Olimar free wins <3
....?
Talking about DP not japes lol.
Oh okay rofl <3

I definitely think Pipes is a hell of a lot worse than Distant Planet XD (overall as a stage I mean, not for Olimar). Mansion is debatable, but it's at least worse than Japes, and probably worse than DP as well.

Count you better make it to thiiissssss we keep missing each other ;(

Jayford

Smash Lord
Japes is such a bad stage. People pick it for one of two reasons. To camp the platforms on the end, or to try and time people out. That said, I like the stage because I do those things, but it doesn't really promote fun game play lol.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Japes is such a bad stage. People pick it for one of two reasons. To camp the platforms on the end, or to try and time people out. That said, I like the stage because I do those things, but it doesn't really promote fun game play lol.
:sonic: "If someone tires to CP you to a stage or level that you dont like, that's NO GOOD!"

Sonic Sez "Pick metaknight..." :sonic:

:metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The mall booked something over the 9th since I guess Game Preserve has the conference room the week before that as well.

The 23rd we're at least guaranteed the downstairs rooms and might get the conference room anyway.

Top Bottom