• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Golden Guardian of the Formidable Oak: Plasm Wraith for Smash Ultimate DLC! (Have Faith in the Wraith!)

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So the Plasm Wraith seems to have survived the Direct somehow. I thought for sure it'd be a Spirit, but as far as I can tell it hasn't popped up yet. Instead we have the Bulborb and the Smoky Progg of all things. Speaking of which, anyone else feel like the Progg got an unusual amount of focus for an obscure secret boss from Pikmin 1? It was one of the first Spirits revealed and even showed up in the cinematic where it possessed Mario. Idk if it really means anything but it makes me hope that a Pikmin 4 announcement might be coming soon.

Assuming the Plasm Wraith isn't an unrevealed Spirit, it could be a boss or a DLC character. I doubt either of those outcomes will happen, but I'll keep hoping.

Also Piranha Plant being a character opens up the door for virtually any enemy from Pikmin to be playable. Granted, not all of them have outstanding moveset potential, but the bosses from 2 and 3, as well as a handful of normal enemies could definitely be possible.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
So the Plasm Wraith seems to have survived the Direct somehow. I thought for sure it'd be a Spirit, but as far as I can tell it hasn't popped up yet. Instead we have the Bulborb and the Smoky Progg of all things. Speaking of which, anyone else feel like the Progg got an unusual amount of focus for an obscure secret boss from Pikmin 1? It was one of the first Spirits revealed and even showed up in the cinematic where it possessed Mario. Idk if it really means anything but it makes me hope that a Pikmin 4 announcement might be coming soon.

Assuming the Plasm Wraith isn't an unrevealed Spirit, it could be a boss or a DLC character. I doubt either of those outcomes will happen, but I'll keep hoping.

Also Piranha Plant being a character opens up the door for virtually any enemy from Pikmin to be playable. Granted, not all of them have outstanding moveset potential, but the bosses from 2 and 3, as well as a handful of normal enemies could definitely be possible.
I also noticed that the Smoky Progg was getting some time in the spotlight. Not really sure why that was (considering I doubt many too many people are familiar with it) but it was neat regardless.

I hope the Plasm Wraith appears in the story mode as a boss because I think it would make a unique fight! I guess we'll just have to wait and see how lengthy the story mode actually is and how many bosses they included in it.

Axicos

Smash Rookie
Plasm Wraith was shown as a Spirit in the recent Japanese direct. What this means, I don't know, but if Spirits don't get a shot (which I think they do) then the dream may be dead.

NMC

Smash Rookie
Add me to the supporters list! While it may be unlikely, I still hold hope he'll make it in as DLC. And even if he doesn't, maybe next game! He deserves it, and Pikmin as a whole needs to be represented!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin deserves 2 reps, and since Plasm Wraith has had similar creatures in every game, I think it would be deserved. Even assuming he's only in Pikmin 3, he could summon enemies and elemental attacks to represent the monsters. He could also change size.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Ever since we got Piranha Plant, characters like this are actually somewhat likely. And this has got to be one of the best ideas for such a character that I've seen. I would LOVE to see this become a thing.

UserKev

Smash Champion
That's a lot of effort, amazing. My hype for it depend on my mood I guess. I'm amazed at how translatable it is to Smash.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
It's been a hot minute since this thread has had any activity, hasn't it, lol? Well, I've been toying around with the idea of the Plasm Wraith being a fighter for a little while now, and I figured I'd check out if it had a Smashboards thread. Just came to say that I'm definitely in support. A new Pikmin rep is always welcome. Not to mention that it's kinda about time Smash gets its own morphing bloblike character. A couple of them exist in other fighting games (the first one that comes to mind is Arakune from BlazBlue), and they always have some of the wackiest and most creative movesets in their respective games. Not only does the Plasm Wraith have that potential for unique morphing moves, but it also has the whole shrinking/growing mechanic, the ability to set up all those elemental effects on the battlefield, and even the ability to create other enemies from the Pikminverse. Who wouldn't want something like that in Smash? Combining the wacky moveset with the extra layer of mobility Smash provides over other fighting games would be a surefire recipe for an extremely fun and unique character (hopefully it wouldn't be too frustrating to fight against tho).

The dream isn't dead either, actually. While it might be unlikely, we have (a), a high likelihood that the "Spirits deconfirm" rule will be thrown out the window with the ARMS character releasing next month, at the very least putting it back on the table, and (b), the possibility that Pikmin 4 will finally get announced this year. If the Plasm Wraith ends up having a major role in that game (like was hinted at the end of 3), it's a possibility, albeit slim, that Nintendo might try and promote this. And I think you know where I'm going with this. Is it a reach? Yes it is. But hey, anything's possible.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Reaffirming my support for this badass bizarre alien.

As a bonus, any more life breathed into the Pikmin series is a huge plus all on it's own, and this would definitely do the trick.

Top Bottom