• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I can’t help but wonder if, aside from being 3rd party, the biggest hurdle for Rayman is that it would be extremely difficult to make his amiibo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can’t help but wonder if, aside from being 3rd party, the biggest hurdle for Rayman is that it would be extremely difficult to make his amiibo.
I wouldn't say it would be difficult, just ugly. Especially with so the plastic pieces they'd need to hold up his hands and head and torso.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Nintendo's work with amiibo has gotten a lot better over the years. We're way beyond the times of colored pieces of plastic holding characters in mid-air.

While Rayman's amiibo wouldn't be the most majestic thing in the world, I wouldn't doubt it will look good for what they have to do.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wouldn't say it would be difficult, just ugly. Especially with so the plastic pieces they'd need to hold up his hands and head and torso.

That is honestly the main reason why Ubi barely does any merch with him and go with the easier ones that are the Rabbids. The McDonald toys and statues (either the lifesize one or the small) look pretty good, but they have to forcefully put him sitting or grabbing onto something, and glue his head to the hoodie/bandana. With the transparent supports may not look as odd, but it is indeed a shame that there wouldn't be anything more aside from the amiibo if it does happen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That is honestly the main reason why Ubi barely does any merch with him and go with the easier ones that are the Rabbids. The McDonald toys and statues (either the lifesize one or the small) look pretty good, but they have to forcefully put him sitting or grabbing onto something, and glue his head to the hoodie/bandana. With the transparent supports may not look as odd, but it is indeed a shame that there wouldn't be anything more aside from the amiibo if it does happen.
When you have a character who's main body is floating parts, you are pretty much screwed over of bad merchandise or none at all due to the practicality of his parts.

Still doesn't stop him from being awesome.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Ubisoft seems to be cooperating heavily enough with Nintendo as of late, enough to give them a Mario crossover game with the Rabbids, so them having a character in Smash isn't a long shot, and Rayman is the obvious choice! I'd rather see him than Rabbids, whom I feel might also have a shot. If anything they'll be in the game in some capacity--one of Rayman's moves, an assist trophy, etc.--if Rayman gets in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know it'll probably end up being something from Legends or Origins, but I really want this for his victory jingle.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Ok guys my last post didn't work, how do I lost an image from my saved files?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok guys my last post didn't work, how do I lost an image from my saved files?
Upload it onto a website like Imgur, though make sure that you have more in your post than just an image - be sure to type something as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sometimes, images don't work on this forum for whatever reason. Try posting a direct link to the Imgur page instead. (just copy and paste the address)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Well here's a meme I made for this group, hopefully uploading it works this time!

Edit: I put it on imgur and put in the link and still no luck so I have no idea what I am doing wrong Rip
Make sure the link has .png or whatever at the end. Usually imgur has two different types of links. A direct link and a link to the webpage.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Sometimes, images don't work on this forum for whatever reason. Try posting a direct link to the Imgur page instead. (just copy and paste the address)
Alright I put the link in my original post. If anyone wants to try and post it on here and see if they can get it working then feel free!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright I put the link in my original post. If anyone wants to try and post it on here and see if they can get it working then feel free!

Gotcha covered mate :p

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Joining the hype train for my most wanted newcomer !
Btw, I would love it if the boss theme from Rayman 2 played during his trailer.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Just stopping by to show my support for Rayman. He is by far my most wanted character and he would have a move set perfect for smash and with Ubi and Nintendo playing along nicely nowadays it might be a good chance for it to happen. He's also really one of the only Third Parties left that fulfills all of the original specifications of what a third party should be before they went off the rails. Please Rayman for Smash.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
It was so dumb how they put trophies of Rayman in Smash4 but no playable characters.

I don't much in the way of love for the Rayman franchise, but I think he may be a good fit and could have some fun moves.
I'd rather have Rayman than a Rabbid any day.
I feel like all of the Rabbids taunts would be a different scream.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey yall its Raymans day in RTC so youcan go out there and spread the love.

D

Deleted member

Sig icon. Credit to Golden Icarus (Who I won't tag because I've already tagged him in the Takamaru thread and I don't want to bother him with too many notifications)
I need to be more active here.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Just popping in to show my support for my most wanted 3rd party newcomer. Ubi and Nintendo sure seem to be on friendly terms these days, so fingers crossed.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I know it'll probably end up being something from Legends or Origins, but I really want this for his victory jingle.

Yeah, I'm hoping they reference all of Rayman's past adventures, and not just Origins and Legends (as great as those games are). One thing I really want is for one of his win screens to be his little end-of-level victory dance from Rayman 2.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It was so dumb how they put trophies of Rayman in Smash4 but no playable characters.
I don't much in the way of love for the Rayman franchise, but I think he may be a good fit and could have some fun moves.
I feel like all of the Rabbids moves would have a different scream.
Fixed that last bit for you but yes, that was a completely nonsensical move on Nintendo's part.

My only worry with Rayman is that tether grabs seem to have fallen out of favour and there's litterally no way he could have any other sort. Maybe he just wouldn't be able to recover with it but not being able to throw his hand in the air would be a tad strange, IMO.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I feel like all of the Rabbids taunts would be a different scream.
I didn't hate that they put in the trophy, but I don't see why they thought it would be a good idea to actually reveal it. Nothing is more disappointing than going to the website, seeing Rayman's head, getting hyped and thinking "holy **** they really did it", then scroll down just a little more to see it's just a trophy. Like seriously, no one's F5ing for a trophy.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Do you guys think Rayman is too similar to Spring Man to be considered or do you guys think they could stand on their own?
In my opinion, Rayman could be more of a rushdown character who is fast, light, and has disjointed hitboxes while Spring Man could have a really long grab and utilize the many different Arms.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you guys think Rayman is too similar to Spring Man to be considered or do you guys think they could stand on their own?
In my opinion, Rayman could be more of a rushdown character who is fast, light, and has disjointed hitboxes while Spring Man could have a really long grab and utilize the many different Arms.
Personally I do not think an ARMS character is going to be considered, at least for the base game. So Rayman clashing with Spring Man for competition in terms of uniqueness should not be an issue.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman should be unique enough to differentiate from Spring Man, despite having one particular move in common.

The main goal of ARMS is keeping distance from your opponent, Rayman Origins and Legends, and even in some cases the original trilogy, involves constantly moving getting close to the enemy.

Given Sakurai's recent initiative to make the characters feel like they come straight from their respective games, a big difference in how these two characters would play is pretty certain.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've said my piece in Rate Their Chances.

Not that it means anything, even if I'm right. Sakurai decided the roster long ago so nothing we say will change things.
Briefly contemplated this. Spring Man's arms are still connected, he'd be more clunky and would have terrible movement options.

I can only imagine Rayman would have a gimmick based on his very first game, where he throws out his fist and it travels back to him. So he could jump in the air, quick-fall down and duck to make it come back to him lower to the ground.
Sprong Dude can't do this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rayman's fists have little in common with ARMS besides range and I'm sure they could make very different movesets.

Besides, no ARMS combatant has the almighty helicopter hair.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I gotta say guys, is it just me or is there alot more people who want Rayman in Smash this time around vs around the time Smash 4 was big? On both here and Twitter and just across the web it seems to be there are more people this time rooting for him, at least from what I've seen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Few reasons for that

1. With Sonic & Mega Man in Rayman is the next biggest platformer star
  2. Rayman got a trophy in Smash WiiU along with his Legends buddies
  3. The Artsy Omni "leak" gave a lot of reason to hope.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Few reasons for that

1. With Sonic & Mega Man in Rayman is the next biggest platformer star
  2. Rayman got a trophy in Smash WiiU along with his Legends buddies
  3. The Artsy Omni "leak" gave a lot of reason to hope.
Pretty much this. I'd say the biggest newcomers for the third-parties would be Bomberman, Rayman, and Crash for this game

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say guys, is it just me or is there alot more people who want Rayman in Smash this time around vs around the time Smash 4 was big? On both here and Twitter and just across the web it seems to be there are more people this time rooting for him, at least from what I've seen.
That's a good thing. The more the merrier!

Sir Ridley XII

Smash Cadet
With Rayman's amiibo, maybe it can be based on the life trophy from Rayman 1 (though modernized). The head would be connected but the fists and shoes would have to be enlarged to make the plastic pieces slightly less visible.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You can count me in as one of those who wants Rayman in the game. If Rayman was playable, I would play as him, and use him to get other players Madder. Ha, see what I did there?

Top Bottom