• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Source Gaming finally did a breakdown video on the Limbless Wonders chances of inclusion.
It's a very fair video critique wise, but the final score given in the video is quite a bit lower than I think should be given.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He's rated lower than Shovel Knight and Shantae.. that's ridiculous
It's all based on the opinion of whichever contributor is doing the review, admittedly (it's a similar reasons for why previews for games on websites or in magazines are glowing, only for the final review to be negative or average), but it seems really weird that the language barrier took so much away from his score, considering that it didn't stop him from appearing in Smash 4 in the first place.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well yeah I get that but the fact that Rayman got a lower score than Shovel Knight and Shantae is baffling to me (and minecraft's Steve like wtf). Especially because Ubi and Nintendo seem to be buddies and the fact that he and his friends already have trophies in the game.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah I get that but the fact that Rayman got a lower score than Shovel Knight and Shantae is baffling to me (and minecraft's Steve like wtf). Especially because Ubi and Nintendo seem to be buddies and the fact that he and his friends already have trophies in the game.
Yes, but Shovel Knight and Shantae almost definitely would have gotten lower scores if they were also rated by Liquid

If it makes you feel better, PushDustIn is the founder of Source Gaming, and I'm pretty sure he gave him somewhere around a 60% when we rated him on the RTC forum.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Yes, but Shovel Knight and Shantae almost definitely would have gotten lower scores if they were also rated by Liquid

If it makes you feel better, PushDustIn is the founder of Source Gaming, and I'm pretty sure he gave him somewhere around a 60% when we rated him on the RTC forum.
That's true I didn't really think of that.
And wow he did? well that's a lot better than 25% :p

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Rayman is going up against a titan in the third party brackets.

Doesn't mean much in the long run, but let's give it our best shot eh?
As a Rayman fan, that thread gets to me. The amount of people acting like he's some obscure character is astounding. You'd think a character whose franchise has sold over 100mm on copies, and is the official mascot of one of the biggest video game companies would be known by some people, but I guess not. So many 'mehs'.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As a Rayman fan, that thread gets to me. The amount of people acting like he's some obscure character is astounding. You'd think a character whose franchise has sold over 100mm on copies, and is the official mascot of one of the biggest video game companies would be known by some people, but I guess not. So many 'mehs'.
I find it more troubling when people say he has no moveset potential.

Dude's got no limbs, it doesn't take much imagination to put two and two together.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
and is the official mascot of one of the biggest video game companies would be known by some people
Honestly, despite this being true in the past, I feel that after the Rabbids literally invaded Ubisoft's priority list, they seem to come out more as their mascot despite Ancel one time calling them the "Anti-Mascot" but, well, they are so important now that they get to be alongside actual ones like Mario, and Rayman seems to have been left in a corner. It's honestly sad, but, hopefully he will remain alive long enough for Rayman 4 now that Ancel hinted at it. And I haven't seen the thread, but I guess their reactions would be like mine (as in not caring) if they mentioned Crash or Spyro, since I didn't grew up with any of their games, just saw a little bit in my childhood as some cousins played it, but they didn't grab my interest.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I find it more troubling when people say he has no moveset potential.

Dude's got no limbs, it doesn't take much imagination to put two and two together.
Tbf, if they played Legends, he has a whole kit, and none of it really makes him stand out. That being said, you're 100% right, the dude is like pure moveset potential. Also wth does Crash do that makes him so special?

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Tbf, if they played Legends, he has a whole kit, and none of it really makes him stand out. That being said, you're 100% right, the dude is like pure moveset potential. Also wth does Crash do that makes him so special?
Yassss
I love crash but people saying Rayman isn't that special for movesets and such and then go "oh yeach crash has so much potential!!!"
He literally spins and belly flops, and the wumpa launcher I guess. I wouldn't mind him in smash but to say he has more moveset potential than Rayman is laughable.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yassss
I love crash but people saying Rayman isn't that special for movesets and such and then go "oh yeach crash has so much potential!!!"
He literally spins and belly flops, and the wumpa launcher I guess. I wouldn't mind him in smash but to say he has more moveset potential than Rayman is laughable.
Yeah I like Crash, but for real he spins.

Apparently Rayman is too vanilla now too. I know I'm being salty, but damn

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't take too much offense in regards to Crash and Rayman in that voting thing. Crash is just more of an exciting idea since he seems less likely on paper and was once a sort of mascot for at least one console (PS1) while Rayman has always been 3rd Party.

Also to be honest, Banjo and Crash was the most likely final to be somewhat competitive. I don't know if anyone will beat Banjo. But I think being how popular Crash is right now he's the closest that can do it. If it was Banjo and Rayman, I think Banjo wins easily like he has the entire time. There should be a consolation/3rd Place vote though. And I'll be voting for Rayman against Shovel Knight. Either way though, Top 4 is not bad.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Don't take too much offense in regards to Crash and Rayman in that voting thing. Crash is just more of an exciting idea since he seems less likely on paper and was once a sort of mascot for at least one console (PS1) while Rayman has always been 3rd Party.

Also to be honest, Banjo and Crash was the most likely final to be somewhat competitive. I don't know if anyone will beat Banjo. But I think being how popular Crash is right now he's the closest that can do it. If it was Banjo and Rayman, I think Banjo wins easily like he has the entire time. There should be a consolation/3rd Place vote though. And I'll be voting for Rayman against Shovel Knight. Either way though, Top 4 is not bad.
Eh I don't take offense to him losing, but the responses are discouraging, and sometimes justwrong. Calling Rayman vanilla in any sense is just wrong. The dude is a limbless wildboy, it's not like he's the video game version of a straight-man in a sitcom. I'd love to see any of Rayman, Bomberman, Banjo, and Crash make it, I just feel like 3rd party character's popularity is constantly held back by fans that refuse to give them the time of day.

On a different topic, I've been hearing about PSASBR 2 rumors for quite some time now. Rayman seems to be a semi-popular pick for many of it's fans. Idk how I'd feel about him being in PSASBR instead of Smash, I hated the first ones gameplay, and tbh I'm a Nintendo fan before PS, but if it happened I know I'd buy it solely to play Rayman in a fighting game.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Eh I don't take offense to him losing, but the responses are discouraging, and sometimes justwrong. Calling Rayman vanilla in any sense is just wrong. The dude is a limbless wildboy, it's not like he's the video game version of a straight-man in a sitcom. I'd love to see any of Rayman, Bomberman, Banjo, and Crash make it, I just feel like 3rd party character's popularity is constantly held back by fans that refuse to give them the time of day.

On a different topic, I've been hearing about PSASBR 2 rumors for quite some time now. Rayman seems to be a semi-popular pick for many of it's fans. Idk how I'd feel about him being in PSASBR instead of Smash, I hated the first ones gameplay, and tbh I'm a Nintendo fan before PS, but if it happened I know I'd buy it solely to play Rayman in a fighting game.
Where exactly did you hear this rumor? I haven't heard anything about this to be honest.

AndreaAC

. Rayman seems to be a semi-popular pick for many of it's fans. Idk how I'd feel about him being in PSASBR instead of Smash
I hope it is not true, Crash seems more fitting for that PSASBR than Rayman at this point.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Where exactly did you hear this rumor? I haven't heard anything about this to be honest.
I've heard rumors of a new PSASBR for a few years now. Unsubstantiated, but they're floating around.
I hope it is not true, Crash seems more fitting for that PSASBR than Rayman at this point.
Why not both

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Aye Rayman got the consolation prize in the third party bracket lads. Not bad if ya ask me!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Rayman is the best THIRD rep for the upcoming smash!
is in my top 5 newcomers . l'ets pray for a K.ROOL - rayman matchup SOON™.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Has anyone heard any outlandish smash rumors lately? Im just bored and trying to spark some discussion

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Has anyone heard any outlandish smash rumors lately? Im just bored and trying to spark some discussion
Don't know much about it but there's a supposed leak that says Simon Belmont will be revealed for Smash this E3.

It's not Rayman, but I can't argue with Simon Belmont being included.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Don't know much about it but there's a supposed leak that says Simon Belmont will be revealed for Smash this E3.

It's not Rayman, but I can't argue with Simon Belmont being included.
Well Smash 5 is coming this year I think that maybe we'll get 5 newcomers and we probably get more characters reveal close to Smash 5 release date. I think its going to similar to Brawl reveal newcomers at E3 and beside Nintendo and Sakurai do want Smash 5 to be the big show floor like BOTW. Dont get me wrong I want Simon in smash but if Rayman comes to smash wont need Smash 6 that I want for smash oh highly doubt that Ubisoft will announce a new Rayman game at E3 but Rayman did have a trophy in smash 4 kinda help his chances a bit.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well Smash 5 is coming this year I think that maybe we'll get 5 newcomers and we probably get more characters reveal close to Smash 5 release date. I think its going to similar to Brawl reveal newcomers at E3 and beside Nintendo and Sakurai do want Smash 5 to be the big show floor like BOTW. Dont get me wrong I want Simon in smash but if Rayman comes to smash wont need Smash 6 that I want for smash oh highly doubt that Ubisoft will announce a new Rayman game at E3 but Rayman did have a trophy in smash 4 kinda help his chances a bit.
I don't see them revealing 5 newcomers this E3, going by Smash 4's previous E3s, 3 is the magic number.

Though since Smash will be coming this year, newcomer reveals could be a lot more common following release.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I don't see them revealing 5 newcomers this E3, going by Smash 4's previous E3s, 3 is the magic number.

Though since Smash will be coming this year, newcomer reveals could be a lot more common following release.
We've got less than 6 months till this game comes out, I'm expecting at least 5 like Brawl's reveal trailer.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
(you might wanna credit the artist)
I just saw it on Google I have no idea who the artist is. Is that something we gotta do now?

Anyway I reversed image searches it jaunt for you. It looks like it's by happydoodle on deviantart

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Yes that's something you gotta do. As an artist it infuriates me when people don't. Sorry if I came across as rude/ you felt attacked but I'd personally want people to see my artwork/animations an know that I was the one doing them.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yes that's something you gotta do. As an artist it infuriates me when people don't. Sorry if I came across as rude/ you felt attacked but I'd personally want people to see my artwork/animations an know that I was the one doing them.
I used to draw stuff and post it here, and honestly I couldn't give a **** if people shared my info everytime. I get people these days wanna make a living, so it's more pertinent that their name is shared to get it out there, but for me it'd be worth it just to see people enjoying my stuff.

AndreaAC

I used to draw stuff and post it here, and honestly I couldn't give a **** if people shared my info everytime. I get people these days wanna make a living, so it's more pertinent that their name is shared to get it out there, but for me it'd be worth it just to see people enjoying my stuff.
That reminds me I used to do that as well, though I was a little more strict on that regard of people sharing my stuff without my permission, that is why I always watermarked it, not caring if it caused a noise to the drawing itself. However, after I finally got convinced to make a DA page, at first it started great, and slowly began to go from bad to outrageous on how many people would either steal my fan concepts/stories related to Rayman to downright insult me in many ways, plus being stalked and harrassed by them. I gladly got to meet amazing artist and people that became my friends (I mean the closest ones), though now I limit to who sees my work and my gallery is mostly hidden, I don't post my Rayman stuff like before and since I have found my old things from the Smash4 era, I also tend to not post my recent artwork here just be safe.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That reminds me I used to do that as well, though I was a little more strict on that regard of people sharing my stuff without my permission, that is why I always watermarked it, not caring if it caused a noise to the drawing itself. However, after I finally got convinced to make a DA page, at first it started great, and slowly began to go from bad to outrageous on how many people would either steal my fan concepts/stories related to Rayman to downright insult me in many ways, plus being stalked and harrassed by them. I gladly got to meet amazing artist and people that became my friends (I mean the closest ones), though now I limit to who sees my work and my gallery is mostly hidden, I don't post my Rayman stuff like before and since I have found my old things from the Smash4 era, I also tend to not post my recent artwork here just be safe.
Sorry you got harassed, and got your stuff used without your permission, I get where you are coming from, but I guess I don't see what's wrong here. It's just a picture I saw. I'm not trying to sell it, or even claim it as my own. Literally says "found something" right above it. We all got google image search, if people are interested in tracking down the original, it's pretty easy these days. This feels super weird to be having to explain tbh

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I know but because you guys don't share it to make a name for yourself that doesn't mean that artist isn't. It's usually safe to asume that if someone put artwork online that those people hope to make a name for themselves and maybe even get a job out of it. I'm not saying you inteded to hurt anyone or anything I just meant to point it out. I'm sorry if it came across as rude or it felt like I was attacking you.I just know from personal experience that I'd rather have my name attached if people shared my art.

Let's leave it at that I don't wanna cause a crimescene.

Speaking of my artwork though I made you guys a doodle

AndreaAC

Sorry you got harassed, and got your stuff used without your permission, I get where you are coming from, but I guess I don't see what's wrong here. It's just a picture I saw. I'm not trying to sell it, or even claim it as my own. Literally says "found something" right above it. We all got google image search, if people are interested in tracking down the original, it's pretty easy these days. This feels super weird to be having to explain tbh
Oh, I'm not saying you are trying to do any of that, because you clearly aren't. I mean, I myself also do share art I find, especially when browsing on DA (because you have to look through a lot of weird...stuff...before you can find certain gems), but I try to find most of the time the original artist when I do and post the direct source link below. If the artist explicitly states "Don't share anywhere else without my permission", I just don't do it.

Also, I just found the source of that animation.

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Rabbid-Violence-458397355

Made by Happydoodle.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I know but because you guys don't share it to make a name for yourself that doesn't mean that artist isn't. It's usually safe to asume that if someone put artwork online that those people hope to make a name for themselves and maybe even get a job out of it. I'm not saying you inteded to hurt anyone or anything I just meant to point it out. I'm sorry if it came across as rude or it felt like I was attacking you.I just know from personal experience that I'd rather have my name attached if people shared my art.

Let's leave it at that I don't wanna cause a crimescene.

Speaking of my artwork though I made you guys a doodle
That's nice, I see you prefer the classic look

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Sup, glade-dwellers!
Newbie on board, & I'd just like to say that I'd be hella honored to join the cause for not just my most wanted 3rd party character, but my most wanted character for Smash, period.

BTW, does anyone know where I could find those small rows of character banners I've been seeing in peoples' signatures, by chance?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Sup, glade-dwellers!
Newbie on board, & I'd just like to say that I'd be hella honored to join the cause for not just my most wanted 3rd party character, but my most wanted character for Smash, period.
BTW, does anyone know where I could find those small rows of character banners I've been seeing in peoples' signatures, by chance?
Aye welcome aboard lad! And I use this website on mobile so I have no idea how to do that :/

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sup, glade-dwellers!

Welcome!

You can find them here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-switchs-signature-icons-thread.453386/

The OP isn't updated super often so if there's some missing they may be on the later pages. And you can always request whatever you want if they haven't been done yet.

Top Bottom