• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gimpyfish Video Thread (updated 3/7)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
***A topic will be made soon to enclose the other WA players videos from our local gameclucks tourneys***

***This topic was made already and placed in the bowser boards, but I figured perhaps i should put them here as well***

Alright, finally got my capture card + my dvd recorder = lots of good, high quality videos coming to the Bowser players of the world. To start off I'm going to have a money match I had with Eggz, one of (if not the) best mario's in the country/world. It was a best of 5 for $5 at the end of the last tourney we held on February 10th. Next is part of a mini tourney me and the top 5 BC players had, we all did a 2/3 set with everyone else, and this was my set with tiep (or patooty on SWF) he is a samus main and is either 3rd or 4th on the BC power rankings.

I'll have a lot more videos up pretty soon, within the next few nights. This topic will slowly be growing and growing with more and more bowser videos for you all to watch.

anyways, heres the vids.

Gimpyfish (Bowser) vs Eggz (Mario) Best of 5 money match 2/10/07

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5
Match 6

Gimpyfish (Bowser) vs Patooty (Samus) Best of 3 Set 1/13/07

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3 (Match three is bowser vs fox, and i haven't yet uploaded it in high quality just yet, i've got a super low quality ugly version for now)

Gimpyfish (Bowser) vs Hitsugaya (Peach) Best of 3 Set 1/13/07

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Gimpyfish (Bowser) vs Patooty (Puff) Single Random Friendly of no importance at all 1/13/07

Friendly 1

Gimpyfish (Bowser) vs Pdiz (Mewtwo) Two Random Friendlies of no importance at all 3/5/07
*note* these matches were done about an hour apart (not that it really matters i guess)

Friendly 1
Friendly 2

thats the start of the compilation, i'll try and get vids vs most characters, the best player i can find with each character i'll money match or something to record a set with them so you can watch me get ***** as well as ****. lol i cant wait to money match silent wolf's shiek O.O

oh yeah forgot to mention, sounds like these videos are looking a little faster than they should, but only on certain computers, it looks fine on mine and on a few of my friends, but to others it looks sped up, if it looks sped up, it certainly wasn't on purpose, if not, enjoy the vids!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I'm never one to exclaim about 1st post bragging rights, but what the heck; 1st postage stamp! Woo? Too bad I'm at school atm and I can't even watch them, heh. I look forward to going home with much antisipation, though...:lick:

Kragen

Smash Ace
All right, already posted there: you're amazing. The uair and usmash and fsmash kills are brilliant.

But why don't you JC your dash grabs? I don't know if it has less range than his normal dash grab.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
HAWT!

Good bowser players are so fun to watch.

Youtube is being a fatass for me right now and going uber slow. (mainly because i have satellite and its raining.....)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont dash cancel because i think the tradeoff of monsterous grab range vs slight amounts of extra lag for a missed grab is worth it, basially any case where a grab is mised with bowser its incredibly easy to counter attack, jump canceled or not, why not get the extra range boost?

the money matches were fairly serious, but after the first 3 matches we messed around a little bit more i guess, and japes was just way to fun XD

Renth

Smash Hero
nice work gimpy surprised you kept to bowser this long. Since he's so hard to win with.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice vids Gimpy. Although I have to say, why don't you just Up-B to edgehog instead of backward shorthop to edgehog?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
meh, i use it sometimes, its just not necessary most of the time. its faster sure, i'd use it as a surprise edgehog, but generally if i'm gonna do that i'll just be edgeguarding them anyways so meh

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
nice matches tony
the first one vs eggz i see some platform waveland to aerial atks, that's so ganon right there

anyway, when are you coming to hawaii? spiring break?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha wavelanded arials are great no matter what char you are using for serious.

i have no idea when i'm coming to hawaii anymore i got hit with a lot of really big personal stuff right now and i'm having a hard time coping at all, it'd be nice to get away for a while though

i'll talk to my parents more and see if i can get some time off work fairly soon

EDIT: rc you didn't even watch these lol

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Wow i actually LOVE Bowser now....... not more than Yoshi tho coz thats just silly! :chuckle: But yea, I have a brand new, highly rated respect for him after seeing these videos! Gimpy, be proud that u have showed the world and given hope to everyone that has chosen to use a low tierd character! Ur like the Taj or Fumi of Bowser! :laugh:

:yoshi:

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I had no idea you could use jungle japes like that. That's my new favorite stage with bowser. Any plans for boozer cute 2? You have improved a lot since then and I would love to see a sequal.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
your bowser is really good...obviously one of the best...but to me...bowser is so boring to watch...i watched like 3 vids and i was done...bowser is too slow and too boring...and hearing the sound of the up+b over and over and over again is so annoying to me...but you are very good though...peace

-hiroshi

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'd like to see funny matchups; Bowser vs Sheik, Bowser vs Marth, Bowser vs Falcon. That would actually be some interesting rapesies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll get those up as soon as i can, i'll go my bowser vs silent's shiek, my bowser vs nate's marth (lol wow thas going to be ugly, maybe i'll use a lesser marth XD) and my bowser vs... ka master's falcon? unless rc decides to like be alive again... haha

i'll see what i can do for those, its fun to watch bowser get sadly *****, hopefully i'll do decently in the sets though haha

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Boozer on Green Greens = o.0 at down b edgegrabs... slow mo destroying the blocks

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
green greens would be a great stage vs a lot of chars for bowser because its so miniature, but unfortunately most characters can just camp the crap out of him there lol

Art?

Smash Journeyman
if gimpy vs. eggz was best of 5 how come there's 6 matches? but yeah, both gimpy and eggz are crazy good.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
update:

i've got vids vs washingtons fairly unknown mewtwo up now, i might money match him or osmething and get an actual set with him, but for now its just 2 friendlies.

also, i'm aware this wasn't the requested matches haha, but these were kinda just tagged on just because they could be XD

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
if bowser was in a 2D mario game and that is how he attack and mario only had the jump and fireball. I WOULD BE SCARD AS HECK o.0

Giggidax

Smash Ace
gimpy ur my #1 bowser idol now! eggz did pretty beastly but u jus had to get that 5 double dollarz eh? good work, keep bowser alive!

some day maybe me and u can money match for 5 or better yet a mutual friendly that is free mhmm

Top Bottom