• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe The "Geno is awesome" thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone KNOWS Geno is the best and most awesome character in the Mario Universe...

So much so he deserves his own forum...

However, a mere thread will have to do.

Discuss Geno and all his Star Warrior awesomeness here!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, Mallow was a little cry baby and annoyed me too much to get a spot in my team, especially since I could skip normal enemies with Geno's "Geno Whirl" attack

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Probably because Super Mario RPG was such a hyped game, since it was the first love child of Nintendo and Square Enix, and the hype wasn't misplaced when the game came out. And with Geno being a captivating character thanks to his dedication and calm composure (and besides, it's an animated doll for most of the game. That's pretty original), people just fell to pieces over him.

I was kind of surprised Geno got a cameo in Superstar Saga. That was a special treat on Nintendo's part.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If Square decided to go the Kingdom Hearts route using the Mario and Final Fantasy universes, I'm sure Geno would return.

EDIT: Holy mackerel, a Nintendo x Final Fantasy game would be amazing.

UberMario

Smash Master
Is that picture photoshopped or is that an actual model? 0_0

Yes I mean is it a custom model, I'm fully aware that the background was pasted in

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm in no ways some diehard fan of the guy, for I never even played Super Mario RPG, but he's interesting enough to keep my attention span. He still has a lot of potential.

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
I guess he's alright. The vast over-powering attacks pretty much ruin the game in some areas, but I guess thats some of the charm... I think.

But beating one of the more important enemy bosses in the game in one hit is a load of BS. I mean really.

Spire

III
BRoomer
O_O Seriously...

What r u doing here? Go! Go NOW, and get some Wii Points to buy this on VC
So u can experience the awesomeness.

:mad088:
A) I have many other things to do.
B) I honestly don't care enough.

:ohwell:

I played the game once, though didn't get too far into it. I honestly didn't enjoy it all that much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess he's alright. The vast over-powering attacks pretty much ruin the game in some areas, but I guess thats some of the charm... I think.

But beating one of the more important enemy bosses in the game in one hit is a load of BS. I mean really.
It's just one boss, and it's a secret that you can kill him.

Not to mention "Geno Whirl's" description doesn't even tell about the 1-hit KO thing.

You also have to set up the boss to kill it in 1 hit

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Geno's like the Boba Fett of Mario. Little appearance time, got popular somehow

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Well, C. Falcon was pretty obscure until Melee came out, but he had more reasons for suddenly becoming well-known.

Yelling out the names of his specials, hilarious taunts, being the star of his own series.

Not that I hate SMRPG or Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder how much it would cost to simply buy his copyright. It's been almost 4 years since I went to Kyoto to drop off the Geno Portfolio and that has made me wonder if someone could come along and simply "buy him" and then just give him to Nintendo. (That and I'm only one week into my summer break and bored out of my skull. :laugh:)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I wish Geno had more light. He's the coolest character in SMRPG.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I wish Geno had more light. He's the coolest character in SMRPG.
^ This. He was the most unique and powerful char in the game ( I think mario has more strength with lazy shell tho) Second coolest being peach. ^^ I mean frying pans as a weapon? too good.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Super Mario RPG was just a solid game altogether. The fact that it probably will never get a true sequel is a travesty. Of all the Mario games, I still say that it had the best characters, story, and music (although the music for both Super Mario Galaxy games are superb).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm in no ways some diehard fan of the guy, for I never even played Super Mario RPG, but he's interesting enough to keep my attention span. He still has a lot of potential.
@_@

No seriously, this is one of the best games of all time

Top Bottom