• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The General Motors of Animation: Introducing the General Hanna-Barbera Support/Discussion Thread

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord

What is Hanna-Barbera?

Hanna-Barbera was an American animation studio and production company that produced just about two-thirds of the Saturday morning cartoons most Americans grew up with. This is why Hanna-Barbera was known as the General Motors of Animation given how much they produced. The company was founded in 1957 by the Tom and Jerry creators William Hanna and Joseph Barbara. However, Hanna-Barbera went defunct in 2001 as the company folded into Warner Bros. Animation. Since then, Warner Bros continued to make projects for all of Hanna Barbera's IPs.

Hanna-Barbera has created many cartoons such as The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo, Wacky Races, The Jetsons and many other iconic cartoon IPs. In MultiVersus, there are only two (technically three) Hanna-Barbera created characters on the roster as of right now being Shaggy and Tom and Jerry. This is honestly unfortunate due to the legacy the company holds but we can pray for more Hanna-Barbera characters in MultiVersus which will eventually happen for sure. Here is where we can talk about possible Hanna-Barbera characters to join the roster.

I do remember there was one leak with Fred Flinstone in it for MultiVersus and that will be good for Hanna-Barbera representation in the game as it’s lacking right now. Although, I am not sure if that leak still holds any credence.

Character-specific support threads for Hanna-Barbera related characters/General Support Threads for Hanna-Barbera IPs:

Dee Dee (Dexter's Laboratory)
**** (Richard) Dastardly (Wacky Races)
Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones)
Penelope Pitstop (Wacky Races)
Space Ghost
The Powerpuff Girls
The Phantom Virus (Scooby-Doo)
Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo (The Yogi Bear Show)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My picks for Hanna Barbara in general:

-Scooby-Doo himself
-Fred Flintstone
-Rosey the Robot
-Yogi Bear
-Top Cat
-Quick Draw McGraw
-Magilla Gorilla
-Jonny Quest

I’d also like to see stages based off Peter Potamus’s Magic Flying Balloon and the Banana Splits Show stage

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
As long as we get Fred I’m happy, and I feel VERY confident he’s getting in at some point. Cause if they’re gonna go pure meme for Shaggy, Fred is the next best pick.

But aside from him, I’d be down to see Yogi and Booboo, either in their classic or Jellystone incarnations. Maybe both? Or at least have their doctor coats as alternate costumes? Actually, that might be a given if this happens.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Just to bump this thread, I just made a support thread for Fred Flintstone. I am surprised no one made a support thread for him until now given his iconic status. I am definitely going to try and write up more Hanna-Barbera character support threads soon (I hope).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tom & Jerry and Shaggy are currently the only Hanna-Barbera characters.

Fred Flintstone is probably in based on that leak/rumor.

Other Hanna-Barbera characters I think would be good picks:

Birdman
Captain Caveman
Dastardly & Muttley
Dynomutt & Blue Falcon
George Jetson
Hong Kong Phooey
Scrappy-Doo
Space Ghost
Wonder Twins
Yogi Bear

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Well, it seems we got our second Scooby-Doo rep being Velma. I’m kind of mad the second Scooby-Doo character is not the dog himself but I’ll take it. Now, we have three (technically four) characters from Hanna-Barbera in MultiVersus.

It could go up to five if the Fred Flintstone leak is still real.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Quick Draw McGraw is a good suggestion, but I'm more partial for his alter ego El Kabong.

Well, it seems we got our second Scooby-Doo rep being Velma. I’m kind of mad the second Scooby-Doo character is not the dog himself but I’ll take it. Now, we have three (technically four) characters from Hanna-Barbera in MultiVersus.

It could go up to five if the Fred Flintstone leak is still real.
If anything, it seems a bit curious that they didn't immediately go for Daphne either, since she did show more fighting experience in various Scooby-Doo cartoons, but I guess they felt like taking a creative route first.

Top Bottom