• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The General Bandai-Namco Discussion Thread

Which Bandai-Namco characters would you like to see get in?

• Total voters

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

HELLO EVERYONE! AND WELCOME TO THE GENERAL BANDAI-NAMCO DISCUSSION THREAD!

Here we discuss the potential Bandai-Namco newcomer or newcomers and speculate about anything Bandai-Namco or anything relating to Bandai-Namco characters or games.

WE GOT 3 RULES HERE:

1. Don't start a flame war with fans of other Bandai-Namco characters over something silly like who should get in or who shouldn't or else I'll report you to the mods.

2. Have a responsible and knowledgeable discussion without flaming others or trolling.

3. Have fun discussing anything relating to Bandai-Namco or it's characters and games and don't try to go too off topic.

With that out of the way, let's discuss!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Activating Hilbert Effect

yeah, I'M READY.

KOS-MOS and Haruka Amami

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nightmare's my pick and given the returning trend of Sm4sh Miis, its looking more likely for Lloyd to return as a Mii.

Then again it could be Yuri that comes with a Lloyd Mii costume...
A Soul Calibur rep in general is my most wanted Namco rep. Yoshimitsu would be the SC character I want most, but Nightmare would be a close second.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
With Bandai Namco, the reps I think that have potentially the best shot are Lloyd, KOS-MOS, and Nightmare. Chosen Undead is kind of in a similar situation to Monster Hunter as of right now in that it's a player avatar character with gender alts that looks less likely in light of the recent Sephiroth update

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Bandai Namco, the reps I think that have potentially the best shot are Lloyd, KOS-MOS, and Nightmare. Chosen Undead is kind of in a similar situation to Monster Hunter as of right now in that it's a player avatar character with gender alts that looks less likely in light of the recent Sephiroth update
The way they could still pull this off is if one of the upcoming characters is mute.

doesn't even have to be different gender - KOS-MOS could have a T-elos alt with different lines. Both are female

MattX20

Smash Hero
The way they could still pull this off is if one of the upcoming characters is mute.

doesn't even have to be different gender - KOS-MOS could have a T-elos alt with different lines. Both are female
Even so, the Monster Hunter and Chosen Undead do have grunts/vocal effects when they take damage or do physical activity and unless they're mute like Villager, they will be counted in two separate voice slots. That, and there are only 3 voice slots left for the remaining 3 fighters to be revealed, making it heavily implied that each character will take one each.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Nightmare's my pick and given the returning trend of Sm4sh Miis, its looking more likely for Lloyd to return as a Mii.

Then again it could be Yuri that comes with a Lloyd Mii costume...
A Soul Calibur rep in general is my most wanted Namco rep. Yoshimitsu would be the SC character I want most, but Nightmare would be a close second.
You three have good taste :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We're also sleeping on the entire Bandai half, aren't we?
Hmmm to be fair much of Bandai’s half is a grey area and some are flat out off limits (most anime games)

Digimon could happen cause it started as a digital pet. That’s a video game is it not?

idk about .hack tho, mainly cause I think it started as an anime. Which is a shame cuz I love .hack

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hmmm to be fair much of Bandai’s half is a grey area and some are flat out off limits (most anime games)

Digimon could happen cause it started as a digital pet. That’s a video game is it not?

idk about .hack tho, mainly cause I think it started as an anime. Which is a shame cuz I love .hack
-looks up-

The anime debuted two months before the very first game, so it wouldn't be crazy to assume they were developed at the same time, and that makes it more of a gray area in that it might be able to get away with being in Smash because of this.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
YOU RANG?

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Of course I support Heihachi (Tekken), Nightmare (Soul Calibur), and The Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari). But you know who I also support? Yoshimitsu (playing as a mix between his Tekken and Soul Calibur counterparts) and Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur). And either Lloyd or Yuri (Tales). And KOS-MOS (Xenosaga). Honestly, I’d like to see A LOT of Bandai Namco reps get into Smash.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Was .hack meant to be a video game first and foremost? If so, it SHOULD be eligible, I believe.

Also, I'd be down for Agumon, even though I never played Digimon before.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My main picks would be Nightmare first.

Then KOS-MOS, which I picture could feel like a Terry inclusion. As in having a big, but sort of under the radar, following.

And last... Well, Im not that big of a fan of Namco games, but I'll go with Agumon, cause Digimon in Smash would be HUGE (no pun intended).

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Of course I support Heihachi (Tekken), Nightmare (Soul Calibur), and The Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari). But you know who I also support? Yoshimitsu (playing as a mix between his Tekken and Soul Calibur counterparts) and Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur). And either Lloyd or Yuri (Tales). And KOS-MOS (Xenosaga). Honestly, I’d like to see A LOT of Bandai Namco reps get into Smash.
I suppose we can dream, but I can see Jin, Kazuya, and probably most other Tekken characters getting into Smash Bros. before Yoshimitsu. I mean, somehow I get the sense that he is something of the 'welcome side-story character,' but maybe that is because I am only limited to the one game I played (Tekken 6).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I do feel CP9 wouldn't really be a massive internet breaker, but rather a "huh, this character? neat" kind of moment.

And pretty much anything Bandai Namco fits that. None of them are going to be massive to the general audience, but most of them could being some fun shenanigans.

Soulcalibur would be my go-to pick since it's basically one of the first fighting game franchise I ever played aside from Smash and, as proof that ratings don't matter, Mortal Kombat, so I definitely have a huge fondness for the franchise (though not enough to make me buy a whole-ass console just for it lmao).

But a part of me also wants to see the fanbase rage if we got Nightmare because stances + Soulcalibur moveset = he's gonna have an absolute ****ton of moves and the same group that complains about Shoto and Terry command inputs would ***** so hard about that :laugh:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also who’s Niarobi? Google gives nothing and thinks I mean Nairobi

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax you forgot to add Haruka Amami to the poll
I'll add them to the list.

Also who’s Niarobi? Google gives nothing and thinks I mean Nairobi
It's the prince from Katamari. My bad for spelling his name wrong. I'll probably have to get a mod to fix that typo since I can't mess with already existing names on the poll despite me being the thread owner.

Top Bottom