• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I remember being so incredibly hyped for bayo when I saw that reveal trailer. It was a dream come true.

And to see what it's become now, it's depressing.

Last edited:

4chanJoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
4chinJoe
Honestly, I've gotten over it.

I'm still more than happy about her inclusion in the game. I've gotten to the point where no amount of twitch memes, passive aggressive comments, or character bashing is going to influence my preference of what character I play. Because you know what? They can keep talking for all I care. The best thing to do at this point for me is to just play the game. No saying anything, no replying to snide remarks, no defending the character (unless it's warranted), only speaking up to give advice on the match up and to answer people's questions about the character. Anytime I pull out Bayo, I'm just gonna go mute and let my gameplay do the talking for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember being so incredibly hyped for bayo when I saw that reveal trailer. It was a dream come true.

And to see what it's become now, it's depressing.
It happens once players go all competitive. It's even more ironic how the fighters who can make KOs with very little effort (such as Bowser) are often placed at below average tier positions, simply because they're either too slow, too easy to hit, or lack combo potential.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It happens once players go all competitive. It's even more ironic how the fighters who can make KOs with very little effort (such as Bowser) are often placed at below average tier positions, simply because they're either too slow, too easy to hit, or lack combo potential.
Because sometimes characters with those kinds of traits are below average? lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Bayonetta 2 100%! Admittedly, I don't think I'd be able to do the same thing in Bayonetta 1 since B2 doesn't penalize you for using items, but the Rodin weapon combined with the Bracelet of Time and Evil Harvest Rosary made the Infinite Climax playthrough a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Next, I'm debating between Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil May Cry 3, Pokken Tournament, or Transformers Devastation, though I'll get around to all of them eventually (and Star Fox Zero will take priority once it comes out).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Going to try out Bayo 2 for the first time. I have yet to complete Bayo 1 and will get back to it eventually.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
just won a weekly but I got thousand of thousand of salt because of it, basically I won the whole thing without losing one and now they want to ban Bayo :/
Same here minus the ban part. Any updates on the situation?

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Won my first tournament with Bayonetta! First time using her offline so that was good practice.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Hello all.

I am trying to learn to use Bayonetta. I would really like to look at, or read a guide on her, you know, something that covers strengths, weaknesses, neutral, combos etc. However, wherever I look, all I can see is how to play AGAINST Bayonetta.

Could somebody point me in the direction of any good Bayonetta guides? If there are multiple, that would be absolutely fantastic.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Won my first tournament with Bayonetta! First time using her offline so that was good practice.
Prepare yourself for the hate. And congrats.

Hello all.

I am trying to learn to use Bayonetta. I would really like to look at, or read a guide on her, you know, something that covers strengths, weaknesses, neutral, combos etc. However, wherever I look, all I can see is how to play AGAINST Bayonetta.

Could somebody point me in the direction of any good Bayonetta guides? If there are multiple, that would be absolutely fantastic.

Much appreciated, thanks!
As far as I'm aware, there's no go-to guide that has all the information in one place. The info is spread around places here and there. This actually makes her sort of difficult to pick up. The best guide I've seen so far is My Smash Corner's Bayonetta guide but that video is just him talking about combos mostly and doesn't really go in depth. Personally I learn most of my Bayonetta things by watching other Bayonetta players whether it be friendlies or tournament matches on youtube.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Prepare yourself for the hate. And congrats.

As far as I'm aware, there's no go-to guide that has all the information in one place. The info is spread around places here and there. This actually makes her sort of difficult to pick up. The best guide I've seen so far is My Smash Corner's Bayonetta guide but that video is just him talking about combos mostly and doesn't really go in depth. Personally I learn most of my Bayonetta things by watching other Bayonetta players whether it be friendlies or tournament matches on youtube.
That's unfortunate... I suppose I better hope somebody forks out for the Beefy Smash Doods on Patreon and requests them to do a Bayonetta guide...

However, I just a moment ago saw the brilliant idea of "B - Sticking" for Bayonetta... geez, why didn't I see this before?!

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
At this point I dont care about any hate. Honestly wouldnt care what people on the internet think of me. All I want to do is train and improve. Whats not fun about x%-deathing people?

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Personally, I don't see many 0-to-death KO's from Bayonetta. Technically, what I do see is low percent KO's or standard KO's. I remember someone complaining about Bayonetta's 0-to-death in a video, and someone else had asked them if the Bayonetta player actually 0-to-death even once (which they didn't). Turns out, the person complaining kept dodging the question and even tried rephrasing it (which made them look bad).

However, I do think Bayonetta is OP... in Trophy Rush :p. I'm not complaining though.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Well boys and girls, patch 1.1.6 is nearly upon us.

Enjoy your $5.99 and pay2win jokes while you can, because this may very well be the patch that "kills" bayonetta.

And by "kill," I of course mean "nerf just enough so that people have to stop crying because they dont have any more excuses."

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If Bayonetta gets gutted (as bad as Diddy and Sheik: "still pretty high tier"), the community will simply move to the next big thing.
The complaining shall never end.
:196:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I think Rosa, Cloud, and Bayo will be nerfed this patch, but not by a lot. They will still be high/top tiers.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
have seen some stuff that Bayonetta will get gutted off.

I have mixed feelings over this, some nerfs were needed to be more fair but some feels it was overshoot.
but I will give this a lab to see with my own eyes and possible create new gimmicky harder combos instead for the easybaked ones.

no matter how much she will actually be gutted, I will still play as her as I love her character, not the tier

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Honestly, I've gotten over it.

I'm still more than happy about her inclusion in the game. I've gotten to the point where no amount of twitch memes, passive aggressive comments, or character bashing is going to influence my preference of what character I play. Because you know what? They can keep talking for all I care. The best thing to do at this point for me is to just play the game. No saying anything, no replying to snide remarks, no defending the character (unless it's warranted), only speaking up to give advice on the match up and to answer people's questions about the character. Anytime I pull out Bayo, I'm just gonna go mute and let my gameplay do the talking for me.
PREACH BROTHA PREACH

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Up-B > Jump Side-B > Reverse Side-B > Up-B > Up-Air is the most reliable kill combo now, at ~90%. Funny enough, that's the same combo you see in the N Direct demonstration. Oh, Sakurai...

As for Downward Afterburner Kick (Calling it the DAB Kick from now on thanks to Reddit) at around 100-150% on mediumweights depending on where you hit their hurtbox and their height, DSide-B > Side-B may true combo, and could lead to a U-Air kill; however you may need a jump if they get too high and there is a blindspot where neither U-Air nor Jump U-Air will connect. If you perform an Up-B before your DAB Kick without landing and jump somewhere in the combo, you can do an Up-B 2 > U-Air to seal the deal.

I've only tested on FG so far so not sure what DI's these are effective on, but they work very well. This update is going to make me stay up for a while...

EDIT: The Quad Special should just be played reactively; there is no sole answer to every confirm.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
after my tests with the nerf Bayonetta, I have balanced mixed feelings instead for before

first off, My UpB did all connect with my friend but it felt really much on here the opponent would DI on the SideBs. IF my friend claims to be a good SDI as he says he is (above arvage), the SDI modifier doesnt really matter THAT much on the UpBs for me right now. (I still need to test Bayonetta in higher competive tho to truly see it)

second, I am actually happy that DARK did got a nerf as I did found it overpower over how versile, safe on shield it was and how you could carry 0-death with it. but it did got nerfed too much in a sense. I would love if it was angled so it doesnt hit with UpB at low to mid % and DARK werent true, but I would love that it would connect to second ARK to UAir on later kill%.
or it could used as bounching fish type of move that the opponent would fly more to the side if connected. that way you could get some stylish kills with it offstage with high risk, high reward move. yet its little too weak to be either of one.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm probably ridiculously late on this, but I just found out when trying to beat Classic mode on the hardest difficulty without customs that, if Master Hand or Crazy Hand are hit with Witch Time, both of them are slowed down. Between that and Witch Time working on Master Core, I feel like I might actually stand a chance at beating this challenge with enough practice!

Bayonetta's light weight might make it tough, but it seems like I've been doing better with her than with Cloud (whose recovery, especially horizontally, is terrible) or Bowser (who's too slow to reliably hit most of Master Core's forms).

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm probably ridiculously late on this, but I just found out when trying to beat Classic mode on the hardest difficulty without customs that, if Master Hand or Crazy Hand are hit with Witch Time, both of them are slowed down. Between that and Witch Time working on Master Core, I feel like I might actually stand a chance at beating this challenge with enough practice!

Bayonetta's light weight might make it tough, but it seems like I've been doing better with her than with Cloud (whose recovery, especially horizontally, is terrible) or Bowser (who's too slow to reliably hit most of Master Core's forms).
I've completely ignored Classic since I beat it with the non-DLC cast but Witch Time working on Master Core sounds hilarious. I may give that a shot.

On a different note, since the patch has basically destroyed all of Bayonetta's old combo trees, I propose that if/when a new combo thread is made that it be named "The Shadow Remains Cast". At the very least she can still easily punish bad DI with oodles of damage, although SDI on Twist is still something I'm worried about.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Last night I managed to death combo like 3 people, and they all left after the match ended. They werent scrubs, either. AND I had my new "Bayonerfa" tag on.

I guess even now, with increased DI multipliers, people still dont try to DI her combos. Whats ironic is that I've never managed to perform a death combo on a human opponent until her combos got nerfed.

Also, I'm working on a bayo 1.1.6 montage at the moment, and I intend to call it "The Shadow Remains Cast." I want to show that, even with the severe nerfs, she's a good character with some tricks up her sleeve.

FreakyPlace

Smash Rookie
NNID
freakyplace
Last night I managed to death combo like 3 people, and they all left after the match ended. They werent scrubs, either. AND I had my new "Bayonerfa" tag on.

I guess even now, with increased DI multipliers, people still dont try to DI her combos. Whats ironic is that I've never managed to perform a death combo on a human opponent until her combos got nerfed.

Also, I'm working on a bayo 1.1.6 montage at the moment, and I intend to call it "The Shadow Remains Cast." I want to show that, even with the severe nerfs, she's a good character with some tricks up her sleeve.
What were the 0-death combos you performed?

Top Bottom