• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me how in the world I deal with Mac? Since he's so fast (both movements and attacks in startup and cooldown) he can punish every of Dorf's moves so easily

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Can someone tell me how in the world I deal with Mac? Since he's so fast (both movements and attacks in startup and cooldown) he can punish every of Dorf's moves so easily
Generally play reactively. Mac doesn't have many moves safe on shield (only downward angled F-smash if I recall correctly) so shielding is a very good option. Mac's techroll is also really bad, and it's relatively easy to tech chase on reaction. If you wait for Mac to make the first move, you should have an easier time.

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
Hey Guys My Brother Made Me A Small CV If You Guys Wanna Go Check It Out.
Been On A Break Do To Work..Still Am..But I'll Find Sometime To Improve My Ganon. :)

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So there's a chance I may attend Smashcon, if so I'm likely to go all or mostly Ganon. I think I can handle any mu honestly but I'm always messing with characters so who knows lol. Either way I'll be sure to rep him well if I attend and hopefully I get on stream this time, at new fish and apex I was supposed to be but the pools were delayed.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Opana Opana I saw your latest video. you are trying to get on team DMG? That's awesome! I really hope you make it cuz with the content you post, you deserve it. Good luck man. I hope you make it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks. honestly my editing is awful and I just wanna see my clips with some hype editing. I couldn't go through all my clips, short on time but I did the best I could with recentish vids.

WwwWario WwwWario I wanted to play well for you man but my finger has been killing me all day, injured and swollen atm.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Just popping in to say you Ganon mains are the best and I hope to see a bunch of you at EVO.

Carry on :)

WwwWario

Smash Ace
As I mentioned is the Book of Sinister thread: Ganon's jab in scary near the edge at low %, as it pushes the opponents, making them slide of the edge, making for a scary spike opportunity. I love using it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Statistics were worked out for Spring and I should be #7 on our PR. Competition has stepped up a lot lately and I honesty love it

I'll post the pr pic when it's made

I beat two players today on our pr too, #8 who I trade sets with a lot and someone above me who I beat for the first time(think they're 5). I honestly was thinking about skipping out today since I have a finger injury, I had a lot of fun though and made it to wfs.

Edit: He's #6 and I'm #8. Interesting to note the only players I've never beat in a set are the #1 and #4 at this point, #4(Arch, Palutena) definitely giving me the most trouble overall. I can't get over a multi hit nair that semi spikes man.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm gonna be at Smashcon for singles, learning a new controller to participate so I'll do my best.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Who se is gonna be there?

I know I saw @HeavyLobster listed in a pool.

I suck at the ditto who wants to body me in person

Deotay

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be at Smashcon for singles, learning a new controller to participate so I'll do my best.
Unfortunately I won't be there but yet again you're gonna end up seeing one of my friends instead of me, lol.

One of my New England region friends is in your pool. He's called "Splash Damage" who was a former Little Mac player who now plays Ryu and some Diddy. He'll probably counter pick you with Mac or Diddy on your Ganon since I beat his Ryu last time we fought.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Unfortunately I won't be there but yet again you're gonna end up seeing one of my friends instead of me, lol.

One of my New England region friends is in your pool. He's called "Splash Damage" who was a former Little Mac player who now plays Ryu and some Diddy. He'll probably counter pick you with Mac or Diddy on your Ganon since I beat his Ryu last time we fought.
Noe3, Gookie, Twister, SplashDamage

I think that's everyone so far lol, it is pretty crazy. I hope we reach each other for a fun set, one day we'll play in person too man.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Hey guys,

I've been on a very long hiatus from Smash since graduating from college. A friend of mine picked up Smash 4 for Wii U though, and we've been training for about half a year together. I feel confident again so I am going to enter my first 1v1 tournament with him at a local.

I have spent a few months picking up Marth, and I believe my Marth is solid, but Ganon is still a comfort pick for me so I'll report back anything significant.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Hey guys,

I've been on a very long hiatus from Smash since graduating from college. A friend of mine picked up Smash 4 for Wii U though, and we've been training for about half a year together. I feel confident again so I am going to enter my first 1v1 tournament with him at a local.

I have spent a few months picking up Marth, and I believe my Marth is solid, but Ganon is still a comfort pick for me so I'll report back anything significant.
good luck bro. good to have you.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey guys,

It's good to see you back, man.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Update: I pretty much got bodied, but I expected that. It was a learning experience.

During pools I stuck to Marth and went 0-2. The tourney I went to has a bracket for people who went 0-2, so for that I switched to Ganon. Even though I was against worse competition, Ganon just felt good. Highlights included my first tourney set Dthrow 50/50 into Dair spike. I guess 2 years of Ganon trumps 2 months of Marth. Anyway I went 2-0 and then lost a close set to a ROB and then got blown out by a Corrin. The Corrin matchup is highly unfamiliar to me and it definitely showed.

Playing a tourney setting was definitely also itself something I'll have to get used to. The pressure made me do silly things and I even SD'd twice over 2 games, something I rarely do in practice.

Overall it was real fun though, and I definitely feel the spark to improve again. It's good to be back.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Went to my weekly for the second time today. Improvement! Managed to take a set to go 1-2 in pools, sticking almost entirely to Ganon.

First match I went 1-2 against a Diddy. Managed to take stocks and make it close with gimps. If I had been clutch game 2 I might have even 2-0'd and won that set. Although if I had won that match I would have had to go on to face Mr. ConCon...

Second match I solidly 2-0'd a Bowser Jr. If anyone remembers me posting a vid of a struggle victory I had against one online, that experience definitely helped a lot here.

Third match was against a Bayo. My first time even fighting a human controlled Bayo even so that didn't go super well. Managed to take a stock but lose game 1. Switched to Marth second match and had a good opening but died to Witch Time and then SD'd, ending my run.

For the longest time I'd stuck to just sparring a single person for months and occasionally poking my head out on wifi, now I'm learning so much from playing in and watching the local scene. Feels good!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello fellow Ganons.

My area started having a local scene and rankings. I don't have a Wii U/Sm4sh but most of my Ganon play is carried on from Brawl. I'm now ranked 3rd after going 4-1 in our last ranking (I got too cocky and ended up getting suicided 0-2 by a Bowser). Already the locals are feeling my 'Dorf. I'm looking forward to our big local next month that brings forth a crew battle from a nearby county. Hopefully I can give Yuma County the power.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Good to hear. I'm going to invite you to join our discord server, which can be found at smashcord.com (we're the Sm4sh Ganondorf one).

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile

That little panda cub was talking mad trash, hope he got dusted

vertime

Smash Apprentice
I made a Ganondorf Wallpaper that's borderlands themed if anyone wants it.
Got a bunch of others too but if ya'll don't want that here because it's irrelevant that's cool I'll keep it to myself.

Last edited:

vertime

Smash Apprentice
So I'm one of you guys now, I main Ganon.
I have no idea why but hey, that's cool.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The most important thing in this MU imo, is don't be afraid of his Super Armor. Cuz Ganon's Damage Outpot is just as scary for Mac, as Mac's armor is scary for Ganon.
Powering through Ganon's Fair is not as fun as powering through say Sheik's Fair.

Ftilt kills him around 60% near the ledges. Lower with rage.
Gerudo eats him up.
And our edgeguarding is deadly if we're not predictable.

If he's in the air, it's sorta easy to hit him, but Mac does have a handful of tricks that can help him here.
A good way to passively deal with an airborne Mac, is to just grab him when he lands - time a grab so that you'll grab him upon landing but also buffer a second grab in case he would Nair you. And watch out for his UP+B if he knows you want to grab him.

Ganon is a sitting duck Vs KO Punch, compared to most characters, tho :/

Sharkpetter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0001-3332-1010
oh god how do you fight a competent MK. the uairs never end. my soul is still falling through the abyss. please send help

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Soooooooooo how many votes for Kalm Saga? I definitely wanna see a Ganondorf round robin with a bunch of top players, like at Fatality Saga.

Last edited:
Top Bottom