• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganondorf general consensus...

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
I know that Ganon is low tier, but whenever I talk to people one-on-one, they always tell me he isn't a bad character at all...
The problem with this statement is I can beat nearly every Ganon I go up against, even with other bottom tier characters like Puff, Zelda, and Dedede. I don't specialize in any of them by the way.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
My obsolute apologies, I didn't read through the entire post. Wrong game, and thanks for not telling me outright and belittling me.

Last edited:

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
I can't tell which post is worse, the person who started this mess by saying ganon is bad and the proof to back this up is by saying they beat all the ganons they fight or the person who is talking about the wrong ****ing game lmao

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Take it easy, fellas.

To put it briefly, Ganon is pretty bad but has areas of potential. People often put too much value in this potential or misinterpret it as equal to or greater than the potential of other characters.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Congratulations for being one in a colossal pool of players that can capitalize on Ganon's shortcomings. Now, those folks y'all spoke with are competent and adept with him, and that's perfect. But objective analysis never lies: the slowest character in the whole game with a very lacking recovery this side of :4littlemac: with no way to camp or break opposing camping. I'd go into more detail, but y'all get the point.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Congratulations for being one in a colossal pool of players that can capitalize on Ganon's shortcomings. Now, those folks y'all spoke with are competent and adept with him, and that's perfect. But objective analysis never lies: the slowest character in the whole game with a very lacking recovery this side of :4littlemac: with no way to camp or break opposing camping. I'd go into more detail, but y'all get the point.
Basically. Ganon's got tools, and anyone that says he can't have some small level of success is either ignorant or just lying. But calling him a good character is a...stretch to say the least. I mean, in general Sm4sh has likely the smallest gap between the top tiers and bottom tiers, so Sm4sh Ganon compared to Diddy (or whoever the best character is) is much closer than Brawl Ganon to MK, but it doesn't make him good, it just makes him less bad.

(Hopefully I worded that right, and you get what I mean.)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
All of what you 2 just said is all well and good but Im questioning why this thread was even made. "Hur dur i beat all the ganons i play hur dur hes bad hur durrrrrrrr"

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Right...I've been wondering this, too. Could it be because he encounters mostly For Glory flowchart :4ganondorf:s? Otherwise, a perusal of the tier list and/or tournament results could have easily answered this question.

Top Bottom