• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Awards 2021 Nominees are Here

Game_Awards_2021.jpg

The list of nominees for The Game Awards 2021 was revealed today!

Nominees for Game of the Year:
-Deathloop
-It Takes Two
-Metroid Dread
-Psychonauts 2
-Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
-Resident Evil Village

The Game of the Year award is the most coveted prize, however there’s also a ton of other games that were nominated in different categories! Nintendo notably has a pretty strong showing here with six of their games being nominated.

Nintendo games nominated for The Game Awards 2021:
-Mario Party Superstars (Best Family)
-Metroid Dread (Game of the Year & Best Action / Adventure)
-New Pokémon Snap (Best Family)
-Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Best Family)
-The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Most Anticipated Game)
-WarioWare: Get it Together! (Best Family)
The full list of nominations is on The Game Awards’ website, and players can vote for their favorite games there. The Game Awards will go live on December 9th, 2021 and the whole event can be viewed on their Twitch stream.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

D
That GOTY line is weak. I didn't realize this year was that boring.

If TGA 2020 taught me anything, it's that crunch culture and not giving a **** about your employees' wellbeing makes you win.

So whichever game people hate, it'll be the one that wins. :4pacman:

Last edited:
Probably Ratchet and clank or resident evil wil win. dread is not really game of the year material,
Last of Us II wasn't Best Game Direction material last year with all the crunching it got during development (since crunching is a sign of directors not doing a good job), yet still won the award.

Basically, don't count out anything, because there can always be bull****.

Last edited:
I forgot the Last of Us 2 won game of the year for 2020, a year that Animal Crossing New Horizons and Hades both came out in and made a bigger, longer lasting impact on both the year and gaming as a whole.

I always find it funny when only now people complain about TGA, because of TLOU2. Meanwhile Bayonetta 2, one of the most acclaimed games of the last decade, and far more acclaimed than anything else released in 2014, lost the GOTY that year, and freaking Overwatch won GOTY 2016, while a freaking DLC for The Witcher 3 won best RPG instead of Xenoblade X, which should have won it and have been at least a GOTY nominee too. But sure, TLOU2 is the problem.

I always find it funny when only now people complain about TGA, because of TLOU2. Meanwhile Bayonetta 2, one of the most acclaimed games of the last decade, and far more acclaimed than anything else released in 2014, lost the GOTY that year, and freaking Overwatch won GOTY 2016, while a freaking DLC for The Witcher 3 won best RPG instead of Xenoblade X, which should have won it and have been at least a GOTY nominee too. But sure, TLOU2 is the problem.
I enjoy Bayonetta 2, but I understand why it didn't win. Didn't exactly sell great and was an exclusive on the worst selling console of the generation. That alone probably axed it's chances. Same issue with Xenoblade X.

Overwatch was huge and left a big impact (although whether that is a positive one is up for debate) so it winning it's year also makes sense.

Meanwhile both Animal Crossing New Horizons and Hades broke massively into the mainstream, and don't really have the same issues Bayonetta 2 suffered from.

Overwatch was huge and left a big impact (although whether that is a positive one is up for debate) so it winning it's year also makes sense.
I mean, I had to go back and check again if you were not talking about TLOU2, it do be like that.

By citing positive fan reviews
Like, what? From Metacritic? Surely you can do that yourself. It sits with 89% fan acclaim and 1190 positive reviews. I'm only looking at the Wii U version as the Switch didn't even exist back then, of course.

I mean, I had to go back and check again if you were not talking about TLOU2, it do be like that.

Like, what? From Metacritic? Surely you can do that yourself. It sits with 89% fan acclaim and 1190 positive reviews. I'm only looking at the Wii U version as the Switch didn't even exist back then, of course.
That does sound like acclaim

Last edited:
Top Bottom