• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think y'all are being too critical because there wasn't a Smash reveal.

If there were, y'all would be singing a real different tune.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly, Smash reveal periods and seasons pass just don't mix. I really hope if there's a Season 2 pass, REVEAL ALL THE CHARACTERS RIGHT AWAY.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't think this show was underwhealming because of no Smash. Most of us already braced ourselves for that outcome.

It's the show itself that left much to be desired. i.e. No Crash, Metroid, Zelda, etc.

I just left this show with a feeling of empty. Like I shouldn't have bothered to watch.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Have Nintendo ever released a direct at december?... I'm just curious.
Last time they did it was December 2013. Rosalina was revealed during that Direct.

I think we should be happy that Smash Ultimate won Fighting Game of the Year.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Wow, the Smash Bros Forum would be more excited about this event if there was a Smash Bros reveal here, what an AMAZING deduction.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I would have been happy with any first party announcement from Nintendo, but nothing at all? Ouch. At least Bravely 2...2 and NMH3’s trailer were nice.

I can unironically say that Man Eater was the best reveal of the show for me, and I mean from all companies. Not the best showing after last year was pretty good. Hopefully the rumors of us getting a Nintendo Direct surprisingly soon are true.

Shroob

Sup?

Eh, I went in expecting nothing and I still found it a huge waste of time.

Sex Box is neat and that Samurai game is cool, but not a whole lot else was interesting. Wolf 2 is nice and NMH3 is cool though.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
Just wanted to say, if you're really upset or angry at the VGA, now's a good time to step away from the computer. Or at least get your mind off of tonight's events.

Play a video game for real. Read a book. Get something productive done if possible. Studies if you're in school or taking any kind of classes. Or just calm down and catch some sleep if it's super late in your timezone.

Don't let yourself stew in frustration over the lack of Smash reveals or how boring you thought the Video Game Awards were. That's the opposite of being healthy.
Could you be any more condescending? Don't tell me what to do like I'm a child, you're a stranger on the internet.

Untouch

Smash Master
I was never expecting smash as I didn't think they'd do the same thing 2 years in a row, but bayo 3 being absent AGAIN is really awful.
Especially since we know Kamiya was at the event and everything,

Funny how the best trailer of the event (NMH3) was pre-show.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Some people are acting very high and mighty and condescending to people who are disappointed, but like... It just wasn't very good. None of the announcements were really that exciting even compared to last year or the year before. I personally was only excited about one reveal out of the whole show. And looking at social media I don't think it's just Smash fans disappointed in the VGAs this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBF, I literally only watched for a Smash reveal. The VGA just isn't my thing. I feel most people should have learned that last year, though.

D

Deleted member

Going to head out soon. Had fun I'll definetly watch next year cause there should be some great games to support next year too.

It was fun interacting with everyone have a safe and good night!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly I was starting to doubt a Smash reveal from the start of the show, so I'm doing pretty fine. Plus there's really no use in complaining over it.

Besides, I really wanted BotW 2 news more than anything else. That was a bit disappointing for me, and more so to me than anything else.

D

Deleted member

I'mma just go and play Mobile Legends now. Good amount of time wasted on nothing.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dose this board play littearly anything except Smash

Do you guys do anything other than play videogames, because holy cow, this thread hates anything not video games
You’re... on Smashboards. A board for Smash.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Employees:
1576213621134.png

Smashboards knowing we'll have to wait another couple weeks:
1576213761346.png

P.Kat

Smash Champion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm on break at work right now and it sucks to hear we didn't get any Smash news. We are definitely in Sakurai's Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I find it confusing that Geoff gushed over Joker's reveal for a month yet here we are.

I enjoyed the show more than I expected, but Sekiro winning as the true underdogs was the highlight. That was the game I didn't expect to win, yet here it is...

But damn, what are Nintendo, Sakurai, and Namco doing with FP5? It's been 3 months since Terry, and the wait will continue.
Terry did release a whole ass month earlier than intended.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speculation going to be a wild mess tomorrow and i'm gonna love it or hate it idk

Until then then, imma catch some Z's. Smell ya' later Smesh Brudders!

Ivander

Smash Legend
*enters topic*
*topic and Twitter*

Well, just as bad as I thought it would be after that.

It did get progressively boring though. Like there were some cool reveals like Bravely Default 2 and Weird West and the Ghosts of Tsushima trailer was cool too, but at the same time, alot of it was boring. But that does come more from not playing some of the games they really showcased like Apex, League of Legends, etc. Vin Diesel and Reggie were cool, but never had interest in the Fast and the Furious series.

But that said, Untitled Goose Game DLC Featuring Beaker when? I would pay for that DLC.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Jeez man, it's still in development, let the people make their game as perfect as they can make it.
I understand, but the game was announced like two years ago and we haven't even got a proper trailer.

D

Deleted member

Anyone remember that 4chan leak that claimed we're getting stuff about SMT V and Clock Tower at the Game Awards? That aged poorly.
It didn't age poorly. It died of every ****ing natural cause known to man. It's ****ing deeaaad.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Being serious though, Ima probably take a break from here too.

I'll just come out and say it: speculation sucks right now. It's boring, and I dislike how stagnant and centered on the words of leakers and "speculators" it's become.

It's also just become way more toxic. Not as toxic as the Grinch era, but we're getting close. Again, I'm going to blame the leakers and "speculators" who've dragged the community into their drama. They've abused their authority and are bringing the community down with them. I can't sit around and watch it happen anymore, so I'm just gonna leave before it gets worse. Maybe I'll come back post-pass or pop up here and there, but if things continue at this rate then I have better things to do with my life.

If any y'all wanna keep in touch hit me up in the PMs.

Bye y'all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So

Huh

'guess KOS-MOS live another day, right?
photo-570117-537d5b05.gif

That, and apparantly, Verge said there be a reveal of VGA, so if he really said that, he is wrong and hey, maybe that list he put out about deconfirmed character was wrong and Phoenix live once again!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I'm mostly disapointed on the bazillion of MTG ads
The CGI trailer just being *Cryptic voices saying edgy **** and dark CGI tailers*
Ending with Fast and Furious game after Joker Last year? WTF? Especially when you have like...Oh...I dunno, the ****ing new XBOX announcement on your show?

It felt...Very weird, and low, and genuinely, I felt like most games were samey with my second point...Can't remember most of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom