• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*welp*

That was fairly underwhealming TBH.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , what were the crazy stuff you thought Nintendo was gonna do?

NH3 and Bravely Default are cool but I wouldn't say there were all the hype you were thinking. Guess a January Direct is happening?

D

Deleted member

I enjoyed it wasn't as great as last year's but that's also due to the fact I was so happy too see Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man nominated last year. So I was happy also the Joker reveal. Was incredible

Not bad Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, took home awards, plus Congradulations to Death Stranding, and Sekkiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Finally yes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate speculation continues. Sigh... I'm okay with it but geez do we need this to end. Anyway looking forward to when that character is finally shown.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I wasted 3 hours of my time for this....

Not even a new trailer for BoTW2, or Bayonetta 3.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Going to bed, it's so late around here.
Leaks about an inminent Direct starting tomorrow.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How awkward was that shameless plug for Fast 9 though? As if Vin and Michelle hadn't already discussed that **** backstage or both seen the trailer and were putting on for publicity for a movie that was gonna make god damn money anyways.

Gross.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Are all VGA this... bland?
And not a single Nintendo world premiere to be seen.
This was a colossal waste of time... Except for No More Heroes 3.

Not even mad about the lack of Smash reveal, the lack of Nintendo content in general was infuriating.

Plank08

Smash Lord
It’s not that I don’t like anything other than smash, I would’ve LOVED other video game reveals
The problem is I didn’t get ANY interesting game reveals that I didn’t already know about so yeah, this was a disappointment besides the goose muppet, Reggie, and the Ultimate remix

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Congrats to Sekiro. I'm disappointed that we go no Smash news. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Maybe I’m just an easy person to please, but I actually really enjoyed the show, Smash or not.

The gaming world doesn’t revolve around just Smash.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Who though it was a good idea to end with a Fast & Furious game that looks like early 7th gen as the final World Premiere? They could have picked something else that they showed like the Series X and it would have been a better World Premiere than this...I mean last year ended with a BANG, this just ended on a whimper...

Also, no Smash reveal....also RE2 not getting anything and being utterly ROBBED at Audio Design by COD....Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this ceremony. While no Smash reveal sucked, the entire ceremony was just nowhere near as good as last years in my opinion and it certainly didn't end as well as last year.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i mean... y'all gotta remember not everything revolves around smash

reminder that joker was a last minute addition last year

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I expected nothing and wasn't even that disappointed with the show (actually quite enjoyed it tbh)

Always Hype Responsibly Guys and not everything revolves around Smash

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
seriously I at least hoped reggie with his mother 3 pin would have been there to announce a mother 3 localization after all these years, and I'm not even a mother/earthbound fan.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I’m just an easy person to please, but I actually really enjoyed the show, Smash or not.

The gaming world doesn’t revolve around just Smash.
no way
you're telling me Video Games don't always cater to my specific interests?
that's crazy

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m just gonna repost this for everyone saying we only cared about smash
It’s not that I don’t like anything other than smash, I would’ve LOVED other video game reveals
The problem is I didn’t get ANY interesting game reveals that I didn’t already know about so yeah, this was a disappointment besides the goose muppet, Reggie, and the Ultimate remix

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess the silver lining here is that we'll get Fighter 5 along with the 1st post-pass character in January.

Still feel pretty underwhealmed by this show TBH. There were a few bright spots but I felt like I wasted my tike watching this.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
*wakes up super early just to watch Game Awards*
*watches Game Awards just to see Fighter Pass*
*no Fighter Pass 5*

Okay then, the spculation train goes on. On the positive it means we might get the full trailer with gameplay right when the next fighter is announced (rather than having to wait for the character presentation video significant gameplay footage).

And at least the Lifelights live performance during the GOTY nominees was super awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , what were the crazy stuff you thought Nintendo was gonna do?

NH3 and Bravely Default are cool but I wouldn't say there were all the hype you were thinking. Guess a January Direct is happening?
Once the Geno thread is back open I'm sure we'll get answers. But yeah I guess next year is when we'll see what's next. I hear you though bud another month of hearing Sabi and Vergeben... List of deconfirming characters. Oh joy... I'm grateful but yeah that should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

linus was the best part of that whole presentation
he evoked the most emotional response from me
true terror
absolute horror
sheer dread

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also let it be known that all leakers were, in fact, blown the **** out on this joyous night.

As the former resident "leak" person on SB let me use tonight to say this:

Stop blindly listening to insiders and "speculators." Come to your own opinions apart from theirs, and stop revering them like some sort of cult or something (that ****'s just weird). Recent events have proven that they're unreliable and damaging to this community as a whole.

We all say we've had enough, yet the next time Sabi or Fatman or whoever the **** it is makes a likely false claim with no evidence whatsoever we lap it up. Let's put action behind our words and go back to speculation without letting these people ruin it.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
You know what screw it, I always thought the idea of revealing all of season 2 at once with a giant brawl style trailer was a bad idea, but screw it, I don’t care anymore.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it really *is* a Nintendo character, TGA would've been a perfect time to reveal a third party character's inclusion in Smash with a wide demographic/audience. I suppose now we're counting on a Nintendo direct to give us FP5.

(Maybe the character wasn't groundbreaking enough for a worldwide reveal?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom