• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fury of Ganondorf COMBO VIDEO BY Renth!

Renth

Smash Hero

Hellz Yeah!

Okay basically i've been thinking of making a combo video for a long time but it only recently dawned on me that i actually have to take the time to do it, it's a good video in my opinion but the down side is i lost a ton of good footage when my VCR ate the 2nd tape i had stuff on. Enjoy and Critque it's my first vid so i obviously made some mistakes

File Front -> http://files.filefront.com/Ganon_Combo_Videowmv/;5459035;;/fileinfo.html

Thanks to LK for getting the Youtube Link

You Tube -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=019cYV5qAMI

Renth

Smash Hero
You Tube Link Added

EDIT: The Video was JJUST added to youtube it'll take a few minutes before the link is completely active

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
One major issue I had with this video is that there were no transitions in between different clips. You'll be watching one, then BAM; you're watching another.

I saw a few missed L-Cancels, but otherwise you have a decent Ganon on your hands. There was one clip that I found useless; the one where you're at 150%+ against a Link and for the next 10-15 seconds it's just you getting back to the stage against a Link edgeguarding with Boomerangs, Arrows, and D-Tilts. The kill you got on him afterwards was pretty awesome, though.

Also, I could tell that most of the people you were fighting didn't really know what they were doing. >_>

The Cape

Smash Master
Work on edgeguarding, and stop trying to look cool and just do it you ***** noobie face.

Also, other than this, I hope your first day of school went well.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
i dont care about the transitions, but i agree with cape as well.

good job on the vid tho

~.~!

Smash Apprentice
Work on edgeguarding, and stop trying to look cool and just do it you ***** noobie face.

Also, other than this, I hope your first day of school went well.
HOLY **** CAPE WHERE IS YOUR AVATAR!!!!!11!1! YOUR NOT THE CAPE WITHOUT YOUR AVATAR! PUT IT BACK QUICKLY! btw good combo video.

Renth

Smash Hero
One major issue I had with this video is that there were no transitions in between different clips. You'll be watching one, then BAM; you're watching another.

I saw a few missed L-Cancels, but otherwise you have a decent Ganon on your hands. There was one clip that I found useless; the one where you're at 150%+ against a Link and for the next 10-15 seconds it's just you getting back to the stage against a Link edgeguarding with Boomerangs, Arrows, and D-Tilts. The kill you got on him afterwards was pretty awesome, though.

Also, I could tell that most of the people you were fighting didn't really know what they were doing. >_>
The Last time i put transitions onto a video the quality substansially got worse as the video went on that's why i refuse to put them on

JFox

Smash Hero
Love the choice of music. Dragonforce rocks.

I have to disagree with The Cape. Although those edgeguards were unrealistic, and wouldn't usually be the best choice of moves in a decent fight, its a combo video. Its supposed to be flashy, and thats what it is. Do you really think Zelgadis uses all of that waveshining in normal matches? Obviously not. People have to learn to just enjoy watching a combo video for what it is, and forget the fact that it is a bit unrealistic.

Renth

Smash Hero
Love the choice of music. Dragonforce rocks.

I have to disagree with The Cape. Although those edgeguards were unrealistic, and wouldn't usually be the best choice of moves in a decent fight, its a combo video. Its supposed to be flashy, and thats what it is. Do you really think Zelgadis uses all of that waveshining in normal matches? Obviously not. People have to learn to just enjoy watching a combo video for what it is, and forget the fact that it is a bit unrealistic.
don't see why people think it's unrealistic all the footage in the vid are from real matches and that's how i normally play i won quite a few tournament matches down at TGP doing wave landing up airs.
it's also kind of a mindgame no one really sees it comming unless they play me a lot or your the cape who.. well.. i'm his *****

Dorf1233

Smash Journeyman
very nice vid man
you have a cool ganon
i like some edge guardings you do
but i agre with the cape if you can do de uair with not plataform dash ans stuu just dont do ir
the music rocks

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
GOOD VID :chuckle: If Ganon was low tier like the other Zelda Characters, I'd use him <.<

Renth

Smash Hero
GOOD VID :chuckle: If Ganon was low tier like the other Zelda Characters, I'd use him <.<
Wow.. i feel so honored FoxandFalco hasn't been flaming me lately i would post a falco vid.. but uh.. every match i have with my "crew" my falco just dominates them and it's not a good match just domination so if you wanna see that... that's fine :laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wow.. i feel so honored FoxandFalco hasn't been flaming me lately
:psycho:
i would post a falco vid.. but uh.. every match i have with my "crew" my falco just dominates them and it's not a good match just domination so if you wanna see that... that's fine :laugh:
Well, that's how Falco is :cool: , the character who just dominates. I would like to see how it is now, especially since your last vid of your Falco was made when you barely played him <.<

Renth

Smash Hero
I guess when you say zelda characters you don't mean the broken cross dresser shiek

I definitely lmao'd during the cape's comment. Hahaha. What a cool guy.
Yeah, Capes like a brother to me the majority of the time we play he ***** me. :laugh:
but that's alright because The Cape hacks i mean look at his controller ;)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I guess when you say zelda characters you don't mean the broken cross dresser shiek
oohhh, forgot about Sheik. Yea, I wish she was low tier too, but she has a super cool move that turns her into a low tier character :)

MonkeyMan

Smash Journeyman
pretty good, i've seen better no offence, but yeah pretty decent. I'd give a helpful comment but every one stole my advice all ready T-T

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
i thought it was pretty good. and the dragonforce made it that much better.

why did you cut of the awesome solo at the end :ohwell:

Hayama

Smash Cadet
Although Dragonforce is pretty metal, their songs are generally too fast paced and and upbeat to suit someone like......Ganon. Other than that, good stuff.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Argh, every time I see a combo video from Ganon I get shivers again... How I love him^^.

Honestly Renth, it looked good. Some things weren't right (The 2th time you fought Marth, auch that wasn't a good edgeguard) but it was nice. And I still love your sig man.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
ure sig is awesome... i saw it briefly and its stuck in my mind like a piece of really good ham...

nice vid.. im sure you could get some better stuff if you recorded more often... but a very good approach; i liked the down throw to neutral punch hehe ver casual... lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies makes me :) anyways next vid will be better more action less just running around for no reason. it was my first combo vid so.. thanks for the critques and such and can't wait to finish the next one

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
A nice ganon. Two things that really bothered me: 1) Instead of a simple edgehog or even a reverse uair to edgeguard, a lot of the times you chose to do a wavelanded reverse uair off the above platform. More often than not, you tried to be fancy while edgeguarding and good portion of the times you missed entirely. I don't think you are technically solid enough to pull that off on a comfortable level so why not go for the simple edgeguards that would connect more? 2) Your missed wavelands after every kill. You would go to practice wavelanding from platform to platform and about 80 percent of the time you would airdodge after a clip of wavelanding. Kind of ruined the flow of the vid, throwing in a noobish thing like missed wavelanding after a great combo.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't practice these things: in fact, you absolutely should in friendlies. But for combo videos, you should really connect everything that you pull off in those clips because that's exactly what they are, your all out best combos.

But overall a good ganon. You play a lot like my friend enix moogle and it was refreshing to see.

Top Bottom