• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The furious Fawful for Smash 5!

Kamifin

Smash Rookie
Made an account just so i could approve of this. I need Fawful in the game.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm in! I would like to support Fawful for SSBUltimate! I've played the M&L games and I'm a really big RPG fan. So I would like to see Fawful with Geno and Paper Mario as playable characters.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Fawful has been my most wanted Smash character since 2015. I voted for him dozens of times on the Smash Ballot in tons of different places. I don't think he'll be in Smash Ultimate's DLC, considering all the other bigger canidates. But I feel he'll get into Smash at some point (he'll at least be in Smash before Goku).

Here's a moveset I made for Fawful. It's not as detailed as the one in the first post in this thread, but it shows how unique Fawful could be if multiple different movesets can be made for him.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Fawful is a strange case. I support the character, one of the most accurate representations of Mario RPG's but he feels irrelevant in Smash the more I try to see it. You can even argue Bowser Jr. closely has his role.

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
So, I feel it's relevant to point out that dataminers found Fawful as a spirit in the game. I'm not sure if spirits deconfirm DLC fighters but at this point, I'm just happy he's in the game at all, since he hasn't been in any previous Smash even as a sticker/trophy. That's a good step in the right direction!

Progeny

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, welcome to my thread! I'm going to keep this simple. I want Fawful in Smash Ultimate as the 2nd DLC character, with the release of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story +Bowser Jr.'s Journey. I could go on and on about the numerous points of evidence, but I won't. To put it lightly, Nintendo called the shots on the 5 DLC characters, he is a Nintendo character, comes from an RPG, main antagonist from the unanimously agreed best Mario + Luigi game, BIS, easy to come up with attacks, etc... I hope you agree. I'm greatful for the game itself our ruler Sakurai bestowed upon us, but this would one of the most shocking inclusions for Smash since Cloud.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’d love to see Fawful in Smash, I know he’s currently a Spirit but it hasn’t stopped me from supporting other characters in a similar position, and he’s definitely on the top of my list of first-party characters. Count me in as a supporter!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Even though Spirits presumably deconfirm characters for DLC, as Reggie said that the characters on the fighter pass are all "new to the series", There are still chances.

Dataminers found 30 empty slots on the roster. They are most likely there to give Sakurai the option to add more DLC and aren't all going to be used, but with this information, the possibilities of a second or even third fighter pass are there and Reggie has deconfirmed nothing beyond the first fighter pass yet.
And if not there, then in smash 5.

My point is, there is hope and it is amazing to see people support our furious overlord.

But fans of the character are a silent minority. Mario has plenty of characters in the game and the rpg's are rarely seen as their own series. Fawful is sadly an overlooked character and if we want to raise his chances we gotta make some noise.
I Just haven't figured out how yet.

Tldr: Fawful for Smash

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little scared of how Fawful might look in 3D but I NEED more of this dude in my life. Objectively the best and most quotable Mario character, from the RPGs and otherwise.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I'm a little scared of how Fawful might look in 3D but I NEED more of this dude in my life. Objectively the best and most quotable Mario character, from the RPGs and otherwise.
Well 3D fawful
Fawful_MLBISBJJ.png
was in the remade games. Does need some work

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I have heard about this already. As a Mario & Luigi fan, it’s sad to see how low the numbers are, and how this happening has probably lowered the chances of a Partners In Time remake. Those numbers are just the sales in Japan though, other regions have hopefully pushed it up to 15,000 sales at the very least. There’s a poll on the Mario Wiki right now asking what people’s thoughts on the BIS remake are, and currently the “I haven’t played it option” is the highest one, with nearly 400 votes (Update: It's over 600 now).

I’ll just say this right now, if you want things like a remake of Partners In Time, please go out and buy the BIS remake. Show AlphaDream that we care. I have a feeling that most of the people complaining that they skipped PIT haven’t bought this remake, meaning they’re not doing themselves any favours.

As for Fawful in Smash, I don’t think this affects his chances in the slightest. If anything, putting him in will draw more attention to the BIS remake, helping it sell better. I still don’t think he’s getting in anyway, but now with the Superstar Saga and Bowser’s Inside Story remakes, Fawful’s chances are better now then they have been for a long time.

Well 3D fawfulView attachment 190749was in the remade games. Does need some work
That’s not really a 3D Fawful and more of a high quality 2D sprite Fawful. But I will agree if gives a better idea of how a 3D Fawful can work without being incredibly terrifying.

Edit: I realized this thread doesn't have a list of supporters yet. If MasterWarlord feels like putting this in the first post, I'm perfectly ok with that. If you support Fawful and aren't in this list, then post in the thread saying you support him, or just like the first post by MasterWarlord. Sorry if I forgot anyone.
32 Supporters!
AwesomeAussie27
AwfulBeast3596
chocolatejr9
ForwardArrow
Freduardo
FrozenRoy
GoodGrief741
Graf von Tirol
Isaac4SmashUltimate
JawshGray
Kamifin
Looma
MasterWarlord (founder)
MrElectroG64
Munomario777
Octorockandroll
PeridotGX
Pizza Robo
Progeny
psb123
rat.jpg
RetrogamerMax
Sabrewulf238
scarlet solsitce
SEGAGameBoy
SmashKeks
Super10ZX
Super Fawful
Ultomato
UserKev
Wademan94
WeirdChillFever
Old Fawful supporters from the old thread who haven't posted in this thread.

13 Legacy Supporters!
「Mega Bidoof」
AEMehr
Dark Phazon
Depressed Gengar
dimensionsword64
FZ64
Lord Fawful
PigmaskColonel
Radical Bones
Someguyyoulikelydontknow
The Drilling Juggernaut
TopTierPichu
Zzuxon

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Well, we do have one very big supporter of Fawful in smash, and it’s AlphaDream themselves.
Yeah. There was that one interview where AlphaDream mentioned 3 M&L characters they want in Smash. Fawful, Starlow and....... Broque Madame?

Anyways, it's nice to see AlphaDream agrees with Fawful in Smash!

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Whelp, I’m back. After having said I would make a moveset for him a loooong time ago, I finally deliver!

000CF649-44FF-4FCF-A4F4-D21B901723E0.jpeg

It’s not drawn like I said it would be, but it’s still using a majority of the ideas I had for him so long ago. Feel free to use in the OP if you’d like. Enjoy!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hey, this can't be the first fawful thread, but it's the one I found.

So Alphadream has declared bankruptcy.

The Beanbean kingdom, Fawful, Prince Peasley and all of them are in peril.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this can't be the first fawful thread, but it's the one I found.

So Alphadream has declared bankruptcy.

The Beanbean kingdom, Fawful, Prince Peasley and all of them are in peril.
Goodbye Tomato Adventure...

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Here to say that AlphaDream going bankrupt has really made me sad. The only way I see them being saved at this point is if Nintendo just buys them out (which I’m surprised they haven’t). The M&L series has been a huge part of my life, and even if another company continues it, I’ll be sad the original team is no longer around. This makes me want Fawful in Smash even more, and he was already my number 1.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
While the AlphaDream bankruptcy is a scary thing, I don't think it's quite the end of M&L just yet. It's still a pretty big damn series, as it always gets a **** ton of advertising by nintendo themselves (probably due to being mario games) and the property itself is owned by nintendo, not AlphaDream. This means that they could very easily continue it, for better or worse, without them. we'll see how this goes, but I'm willing to bet they were working on a new M&L game anyways, considering AD stated that they're always working on the next one as soon as the previous one ends development.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Alphadream toppling over is sad news for all of us. What bothers me most is the realisation that if the M&L series goes on under Nintendo we could see very heavy Myamoto syndrome: When Nintendo took charge of a Paper Mario game, he more or less took out any and all interesting characters that weren't originally created by him.

For the M&L series, this would include Popple, Broque Monsieur, the Shroobs, Peasly, Cackletta, Antasma, Starlow, Dreambert, the elite squadron and of course, Fawful. Is a new M&L game consisting of Just some toads and some standard Mario enemies really worth it?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Alphadream toppling over is sad news for all of us. What bothers me most is the realisation that if the M&L series goes on under Nintendo we could see very heavy Myamoto syndrome: When Nintendo took charge of a Paper Mario game, he more or less took out any and all interesting characters that weren't originally created by him.

For the M&L series, this would include Popple, Broque Monsieur, the Shroobs, Peasly, Cackletta, Antasma, Starlow, Dreambert, the elite squadron and of course, Fawful. Is a new M&L game consisting of Just some toads and some standard Mario enemies really worth it?
That would just be a nightmare.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I've always wanted a 2D platformer with the mario and luigi sprites in the Beanbean kingdom with the enemies from Superstar Saga.

I think that would be a lot of fun.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman

I really don't think Miyamoto is to blame nearly as much as everyone says he is. It really is Tanabe being incompetent more so than anything else.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I guess I’ll try and bring to people’s attention in this thread Demo4Smash on Twitter’s Smash character poll. He’s been trying to get this to be rather big, and is doing a fine job at it so far.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I’ve been told by him that Fawful is doing decently well all things considered at the moment, so hopefully we can boost him up to a higher spot!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I guess I’ll try and bring to people’s attention in this thread Demo4Smash on Twitter’s Smash character poll. He’s been trying to get this to be rather big, and is doing a fine job at it so far.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I’ve been told by him that Fawful is doing decently well all things considered at the moment, so hopefully we can boost him up to a higher spot!
hell if he just keeps doing well in these, eventually some spin off will use him again, even if not Smash.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
hell if he just keeps doing well in these, eventually some spin off will use him again, even if not Smash.
That reminds me of an idea I first heard from Super Fawful Super Fawful over a year ago.

If a Partners In Time remake happened, and it had a side mode similar to Minion Quest and Bowser Jr.’s Journey, Fawful should have been the star of it. Showing him building up his plans for his return in BIS.

Unfortunately that’s near impossible to happen now with AlphaDream being defunct, but I just want to see Fawful or other characters from the RPGs make more frequent appearances in the other Mario spinoffs.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That reminds me of an idea I first heard from Super Fawful Super Fawful over a year ago.

If a Partners In Time remake happened, and it had a side mode similar to Minion Quest and Bowser Jr.’s Journey, Fawful should have been the star of it. Showing him building up his plans for his return in BIS.

Unfortunately that’s near impossible to happen now with AlphaDream being defunct, but I just want to see Fawful or other characters from the RPGs make more frequent appearances in the other Mario spinoffs.
I’d go for a 2d mario in the beanbean kingdom. beanies used like goombas. Chuckoroks like P Plants. Clumphs and the like as enemies.

be a good way to get more mileage out of the mario and luigi games

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Let's get this thread back up. If we can't get Geno then let's rally around Fawful. He doesn't have the burden of Square Enix who probably doesn't want him and his company went bankrupt so maybe Nintendo owns Fawful now. Let's at least get him into some Mario spinoffs.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Let's get this thread back up. If we can't get Geno then let's rally around Fawful. He doesn't have the burden of Square Enix who probably doesn't want him and his company went bankrupt so maybe Nintendo owns Fawful now. Let's at least get him into some Mario spinoffs.
Now that you mention it, I think it was confirmed Nintendo acquired full ownership of the Mario & Luigi series after AlphaDream went under (apparently it was originally co-owned between the two). Though I don't have a source on that, so don't quote me.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I agree that this thread should be more active, and Fawful should have more support for Smash than he currently does. Though the question on Geno and which company has been holding back his inclusion is a bit complicated.

While we have no way of knowing and this is mainly speculation others have come up with, I believe Nintendo are more responsible for holding Geno back than Square-Enix. Mainly based on a lot of discussion surrounding a "Mario committee" that's been going around since Origami King's release, and how if true, they're likely responsible for holding back any RPG characters from appearing in other Mario spinoffs and the like.

If true, than Fawful would be facing the same challenge as Geno to become playable.

But regardless, I really feel a more vocal cry needs to be created to save many of the RPG original characters and get them to appear in more stuff, both in and out of Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I agree that this thread should be more active, and Fawful should have more support for Smash than he currently does. Though the question on Geno and which company has been holding back his inclusion is a bit complicated.

While we have no way of knowing and this is mainly speculation others have come up with, I believe Nintendo are more responsible for holding Geno back than Square-Enix. Mainly based on a lot of discussion surrounding a "Mario committee" that's been going around since Origami King's release, and how if true, they're likely responsible for holding back any RPG characters from appearing in other Mario spinoffs and the like.

If true, than Fawful would be facing the same challenge as Geno to become playable.

But regardless, I really feel a more vocal cry needs to be created to save many of the RPG original characters and get them to appear in more stuff, both in and out of Smash.
Honestly, I think it could be both Nintendo and Square-Enix holding back Geno.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

I disagree. The "Mario committee" nonsense excuse only works in the context of Paper Mario since they've been there since Sticker Star yet didn't affect Dream Team. The remakes, while they have made them more generic, are likely that way because the devs reused assets and were low on money. It wouldn't explain how some enemies still are allowed to have unique designs and it also wouldn't explain the Best Fitness Friends, brand new villains with brand new designs. if there is a so-called committee controlling Mario games besides Paper Mario then their influenece has been vastly overstated. Considering how the new games don't use Piantas or other Mario npc races, I don't think an IP team would ban that, unless they really are that godawful. Either way, there isn't enough evidence to say that the IP Team was involved with Mario and Luigi. It was never mentioned by the devs and the reason for Paper Jam's blandness was to emphasize the paper gimmicks.

Top Bottom