1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The furious Fawful for Smash 5!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Speculation' started by MasterWarlord, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MasterWarlord

MasterWarlord
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

[​IMG]
    Fawful is one of the most memorable characters from the glory days of the Mario RPGs, back when they had expansive casts of unique characters before the likes of Sticker Star and Paper Jam. A representative for Paper Mario would almost inevitably end up being the titular character, whereas Fawful is a much more varied choice for those looking for an actual character from the RPGs.

Fawful is pretty much the only original character from the Mario RPGs to have a major role in two games, and those two games are almost universally heralded as the best two Mario & Luigi games. There was a reason the more average Partners in Time was skipped and they went on to remake the much more successful Bowser's Inside Story, which features Fawful as the main villain. With the successful remake of Superstar Saga and the recently announced one for Bowser's Inside Story on the way, this is the best chance he's going to get for getting into Smash unless he somehow appears in a new game by some miracle, which is rather unlikely given the stance the series has on new characters lately.

The new Mario character is a very competitive slot, but don't be fooled into thinking that it won't happen. Hardly anybody would've predicted getting both Rosalina and Bowser Jr. over some other franchises, so it doesn't look like Mario's going to stop getting new characters any time soon. Fawful is the obvious choice to represent the Mario & Luigi series, which is getting a lot more critical acclaim than the recent Paper Mario titles.

As a fighter, Fawful can contribute plenty of potential for a moveset with his portal gun and highly versatile expandable head gear. To see his main two fights, watch the videos below.

Here is a moveset for Fawful. While it's not exactly the most balanced, it does a good job of demonstrating his sources of potential to draw from.

#1 MasterWarlord, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Munomario777

Munomario777
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

3DS FC:
    0387-9596-4480
    NNID:
    Munomario777
    Switch FC:
    SW-8229-3157-8114
  3. psb123

psb123
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    psb123
    Count me in for supporting this. Fawful is best Mario & Luigi rep (not shared with the main series at least) and for all of the love and talk of Smash potential that Paper Mario gets Mario & Luigi deserves it just as much in my book.

One thing I would like to point out though

It really doesn't seem that they pick characters based on slots. Paper Mario, Captain Toad, and Geno are all new Mario characters that I think have a good shot at being playable in the next game.

Fawful's chances aren't as high but he could still fit in with all of them. I don't think they'd put in that many Mario Characters. But slots being filled wouldn't keep Fawful (or anyone) out by themselves.

Like I said Fawfuls chances don't seem to be the greatest right now but the Bowser's Inside Story Remake helps.

Oh yeah, Obligatory posting of this showcase of how amazing a Smash quality model and proper voice acting for Fawful would be.

4. GoodGrief741

GoodGrief741
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I take offense with the OP, as Partners in Time is my favorite Mario & Luigi game.

That said, fully support Fawful. Just the quote potential makes it worth it.

Super Fawful likes this.
  5. Sabrewulf238

Sabrewulf238
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Master

I'll certainly support Fawful for Smash. He's easily the most exciting potential Mario newcomer to me.

I'm not holding my breath though, the remakes help but it's probably not as effective as having an actual new game.

Super Fawful likes this.
  6. Aussie the Shinobi

Aussie the Shinobi
    Expand Collapse
    Smug Weather Vane Dame

3DS FC:
    4141-6335-9472
    NNID:
    AwesomeAussie27
    Switch FC:
    SW-6214-0583-2914
    I have the chortles when I want to support him.

And that's a good thing.

Super Fawful likes this.
  7. ForwardArrow

ForwardArrow
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

It'd certainly give fans of the Mario RPGs some hope if Fawful got in, but Miyamoto's own stance on new Mario characters in the RPGs has me feeling like this is a pretty unlikely choice. Not that I don't support it, Fawful would be a great addition to the cast and an enjoyable villainous rep after Smash 4 was so utterly lacking in those.

Super Fawful likes this.
  8. SmashKeks

SmashKeks
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Right Now, my Mario rep support is mainly behind Geno, but I've been browsing the newcomer speculation threads for any characters I'd forgotten about or didn't know I wanted.

Yeah, I loved the beanish with the chortles the moment I first encountered him in Bowser's Inside Story, and was even more delighted to discover he was a hilarious heel long before that game, and in fact existed at the very beginning of the Superstar Saga spinoff series (Try saying that three times fast!).

A Mario RPG rep, for either Geno or Fawful, would be awesome, and having them both would be double awesome. Sign me up for Fawful support.

Super Fawful likes this.
  9. FrozenRoy

FrozenRoy
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

Fawful isn't the best newcomer choice for Mario, but he's a top tier one, very funny AND both of his games getting remade gives him a lot higher chances, I feel he has good potential for a fun moveset too.

Freduardo and Super Fawful like this.
  10. PeridotGX

PeridotGX
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

NNID:
    Denoma5280
    Switch FC:
    2036-9032-5151
    I'd love him in Smash, Supported! I have fury at his odds, though.

MrElectroG64 and Super Fawful like this.
  11. Super Fawful

Super Fawful
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

NNID:
    dimentio64
    I have full supporting of the great Lord Fawful of evilness! He is being my desire of highest priorities and a remake of the game that is BIS is only fueling such supporting even more!

12. MrElectroG64

MrElectroG64
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

I am having the support! One of my most wanted characters!

13. FrozenRoy

FrozenRoy
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

So, what do you guys think some moves Fawful might have if he gets into Smash 5? Not just Specials-wise but the other moves too, even.

Munomario777 likes this.
  14. MrElectroG64

MrElectroG64
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

Not sure exactly, but I hope he utilizes the Dark Star a lot

15. Pizza Robo

Pizza Robo
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I support Fawful to be Super Smash Bros 5
    Sign Me Up :D

MrElectroG64 likes this.
  16. JawshGray

JawshGray
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

I would totally be down for Fawful being in Smash Brothers Switch. Probably my favorite Mario antagonist of all time.

Freduardo and MrElectroG64 like this.
  17. Freduardo

Freduardo
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

Would love Fawful.

Do you think he’d use Midbus in any way? I mean most I could think of is a final smash, but that would probably be him all Dark Starred Out.

18. SmashKeks

SmashKeks
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Honestly, with the calls of people asking for more elaborate alt skins, a la Bowser Jr. and Cloud, even at the cost of paid DLC as some fighting games already do, I would love to see Midbus as a straight up alt skin for Bowser, given how he literally was made to be a mammalian foil for the villainous reptilian. (I know that's a super unlikely outcome but a man can dream.)

Freduardo likes this.
  19. MrElectroG64

MrElectroG64
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

Maybe for some sort of Side-B where he hops on Midbus and charges at people. Other than that I'm not sure. I see him using the Dark Star a lot more than anything though.

Freduardo likes this.