• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The French Thread (Brawl) | Bushido Impact Nibai Full Results and Videos !

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yay, Leon is French. However, he was beaten by Kaos (G&W / DDD / MK) and Glutonny (Wario) at Bushido Impact 8. While this doesn't mean that much (after all, it's just one tournament), those two seem to dominate the Paris-and-suburb scene since this day (Kaos having a slight advantage on Glutonny).
Leon is still at the top, though, and we'll see how well he does at the next tournament ;)

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well, Slhoka summed it up pretty well ^^

It's pretty hard to tell who's going to place first at the next tournament... Which is exciting :p

Blad01

Smash Lord
Here is the interview : http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=14433

^^

You'll find several mistakes in the english translation... Please tell me where you find one :)

1- Since when do you play Smash ?

Since the first opus on N64, in 1994.

And since when do you play Smash competitively ?

Since Epita Smash Arena 3, my very first tournament, where I was entitled with "revelation", what gave me the will to continue.

2- You main Peach in Brawl, and you was in 2008 the 1st in Parisian Rankings. Why did you choose to main Peach ?

Before anything I felt comfortable while playing her
And I always liked playstyles where aerial attacks are important
So a character with a good aerial game would be my main
My very first was Marth
But after having played the game more in depth
I finally chose to main Peach

3- Will you keep Peach as a main whatever happens, despite enduring eventual losses ? Do you think about maining Marth, or even MK in tournaments (who is one of your secondaries apparently) ?

I don't think I will ever change
unless... one day, it becomes impossible to win with another character than MK or Snake (or a Top Tier character)
At this time the whole community will main those characters, and so will I.

4- Being Peach / Marth main, what are your most difficult match-ups ?

Well there is G&W for me
Then Lucario
MK of course
And nobody else, I think.
That was for Peach
quant a marth As far as Marth is concerned
I think in particular to MK
And also to DDD
The rest is ok in my opinion

5- Since Bushido Impact 8, you're not the first anymore, but currently the third in the rankings (even if there were only 2 tourneys). What do you think about Glutonny and Kaos, and thei level compared to yours ?

Glutonny is a real prodigy, I don't think anyone would contradict me on that point
He clearly has a true potential; and sometimes some say that you learn better and faster when you're young
And that's what he proves.
Concerning Kaos
He's gradually getting better :
At BI6 he didn't go through the pools
At BI7 he took me a match, and lost with a little margin against the finalist Shugoo
And at BI8 he was the winner...
It's getting worse and worse
Today I think he's at the same level as me
And that the difference is at the match-ups between our characters

5- What do you think of the parisian community ? what are the players that have the best potential, and the biggest chances to be among the best one day (that means top 3 at a BI by example) ?

I think in particuar to Gemini
With a unusual character (ndlr : Samus)
And a playstyle more 'polyvalent' than me
So it's hard for one to adapt.
Then there is also Achoral
And some others too
But I mostly think to these two

6- What do you think of the french level at a higher level of competition ? Do you think we could rivalise with others european countries, or even the United States in competition ?

For the moment, we're not there yet. But it will come after more tournaments.

7- Talking about the United States, what are the players that you admire the most over there ?

Without any hesitation
ninjalink

Why ?

First, for the wins he took from the players said to be the best of the world (M2K)
And also for his ability to use a lot of character at a high level of play

8- Would you be ready to travel for Smash tournaments, and if you are, at what point ? In France, in Europe, or even in the world ?

For the moment, I mostly try to find tournaments out of paris, since I've never gone out of here
And then I will see for others tournaments, depending on my financial means and several criterias in France.

9- What are your goals for the next tournaments, Melee and Brawl ?

Melee, it's before anything getting better
Since I'm far from being among the best
And Brawl, it's to get better than Kaos and Glutonny
Mostly them because they are the players I fears the most currently

10- Any conclusion you want to add ?

hum I don't really know lol

Lol
Well thanks anyways ^^

You're welcome.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Open Brawl 2

Double tournament , Fee : 12€

10 May 2009

Results :

1st : Leon & King , Prize : One DSi Both
2nd : Charby & Kaos, Prize : One Wii game Both
3rd : Yama & Zulu

Videos: COMING SOON

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hello guys, I will travel to France tomorrow hopefully (Divonne Les Bains) and I'm searching for a Brawl community nearby to play with. PM me or post a reply here if you're interested, thanks :grin:

Top Bottom