• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fourth Triannual [Symphony of Scales] - A Robin-Only Tournament

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Here it is: https://discord.gg/0xG666lFsq9yBzeL You don't even need the Discord client.

If anyone has difficulty joining that or running Discord, we'll make a secondary chatroom on Mibbit or something. Inevitably somebody's device is always incompatible with the chatroom...it's an SoS tradition. =P

See ya'll folks tomorrow~

MajorasMask9

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm unfortunately gonna have to drop out :(. Had a lot of work going on this week and I thought I could finish it before today, but I could not. Maybe next time.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Looks like I gotta drop too, something came up literally last second (just can't catch a break can I?).

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Bummer you guys. I'm like mega behind on college so I shouldn't even be doing this lol. See you next time.

We're starting in a half hour or so, bracket will be up in the chat soon.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Oh it expires? That's lame. https://discord.gg/0xG666lFsq8ZYvBJ

Also you guys who actually cancelled are 1000x better than the people who say they're coming and just never show =P

Here's our full participant list:

@ForumName: LevinViolin LevinViolin
NNID: CaptainLinebeck
Robin Color: Green

@ForumName: @AmericanDJ
NNID: Derek123
Robin Color: White

@ForumName: Nah Nah
NNID: Nah527
Robin Color: Female

@ForumName: _Shinta_ _Shinta_
NNID: shinta_kenshin
Robin Color: Yellow

@ForumName Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222
NNID: Gamegenie222
Robin Color: Male

@ForumName: Wnyke Wnyke
NNID: WnykJ7
Robin Color: Red

@ForumName: @Delzethin
NNID: Delzethin

@ForumName: Kyogokudo Kyogokudo
NNID: yoshiboo62
Robin Color: Pink

@ForumName: Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa
NNID: MiloafOfBread

@ForumName: @telex
NNID: Tellex1
Robin Color: Female

@ForumName: @Heartly
NNID: HeavyHeartly
Robin Color: Pink

@ForumName: @WolfieXVII ❂
NNID: Wolfie9090
Robin Color: Yellow

@ForumName: @DaBeast
NNID: DaBessBeast
Robin Color: Blue

@ForumName: @Kirito Green
NNID: smanbolt1

@ForumName: @Skyward
NNID: Skyward9

@ForumName: @Hacksorus
NNID: Hacksorus
Robin Color: Green

@ForumName: @NegativeXero
NNID: ColeXero
Robin Color: Blue

Good luck to everyone! =)

Last edited:

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Sorry to bother, but I have no expierence using the app... so can I have some guiadance???... I downloaded it and clicked the link that were in here, sooo... what's next???

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Sorry to bother, but I have no expierence using the app... so can I have some guiadance???... I downloaded it and clicked the link that were in here, sooo... what's next???
Did you click on "accept invite" on the link's page ? It shouldopen your app and the channel will be somewhere on the left (the icon is a D)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm actually busy today cause something family related came up so i cannot enter and compete. I have to drop out so i wish the rest of you nerds the best of luck.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Ggs Everyone!

Had a blast and it was the first time I played so many Robins haha. It was my first one of these tournaments and glad I was able to win it. @Raziek ill see you at the next one I hope!

General question, how many of you guys will be at EVO? I'd love to meet if you can.

Catch ya next time :)

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I was actually thinking about when the next SoS tournament was and what do I learn when I checked out this thread? It's already over, haha. I must have overlooked my notification or something. Oh well, not sure how well I'd do anyways since Fates has consumed my gaming time.

Is there a challonge bracket that I can view?

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
I was actually thinking about when the next SoS tournament was and what do I learn when I checked out this thread? It's already over, haha. I must have overlooked my notification or something. Oh well, not sure how well I'd do anyways since Fates has consumed my gaming time.

Is there a challonge bracket that I can view?
Grand finals hasn't finished updating but here ya go.

http://challonge.com/sosthefourth

I got my salty run back and won the first set 3-2 and 3-0 the second set.

Sorry we missed ya bud. Haha I almost slept through it myself :D

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Grand finals hasn't finished updating but here ya go.

http://challonge.com/sosthefourth

I got my salty run back and won the first set 3-2 and 3-0 the second set.

Sorry we missed ya bud. Haha I almost slept through it myself :D
Thanks and congrats! I have always participated in these tourneys so it's a little bit of a bummer but oh well. Next time.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Thanks to everyone for coming! Please give a huge BZZZZT to our champion, SHINTA!

A normal round of applause to our runner-up Delzethin and our maybe-next-time Hacksorus.

Participation was low due to various unfortunate events befalling people in strangely large numbers. But there was still a huge saturation of talent and I think all of our participants had a good time. Not to worry, I'm stubborn to an inhuman extent so now matter how low our numbers get, SoS will continue even if it's just me and Sandbag. (How does he always beat me?!)

Another round of thanks to everyone involved as well as everyone who couldn't make it, as well as a "you're welcome" to those who thanked me in the chat earlier. =)

See you all in August!

primogenitor34

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrumpiestTurtle
3DS FC
1221-0293-7644
Aw man, such a thing exists? I wish I had joined this forum earlier... *sigh*

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Signups for SoS 5 are open. Tournament is two weeks from yesterday, 21 Aug 2016.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
There's the Final Emblem tournament at that time. Any way we can move it to the 20th ?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Huh interestesting tournament series. Damn I kinda just want to enter that lol. But unfortunately no, I have a wedding the previous day and my all weekends before and after then are already packed so that Sunday is the only possible day I can run the tournament. Hopefully that doesn't lose us too many entrants. Sorry Kyogo.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Count me in

discord: Shinta.7
nnid: shinta_kenshin
Color: Yellow

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Signups for Symphony of Scales 5 close at midnight tonight! We're low on Robins so if you're even remotely interested feel free to sign up. Young or old, casual or experienced, we take Robins of all kinds!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Annnnnd our champion is, for the second time running,

SHINTA!

Please give him a round of applause ladies and gentlemen! And I'll see you all for next SoS #6 around December or so!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
With a bit of break from tradition, SoS #6 will be held in January due to me being so absolutely slammed with university work. Tenative date of Jan 15 or so. Will anyone actually sign up? Does anyone even still play Robin? Tune in to find out in the coming weeks!

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
I would like to join in, but I can't make use of the discord app, for some reason, it just doesn't work, so i would like to suggest smash amino or even a group chat in facebook, so I could tag along and not be left out...

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
With how few participants I expect we're gonna have, we can even probably just communicate across multiple formats with little issue.

Edit: If anyone noticed SoS6 didn't happen and wondered why, I've run into some heavy unexpected real-life difficulties and will probably be out of commission for Smash-related things for the time being. If anyone didn't, well that's fine too. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you this summer for a lively (and better advertised) SoS #7.

Last edited:
Top Bottom