• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Four Knights Storm The Castle! (Castle Crashers Knights for Smash)

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Red.JPG.jpg
Blue.JPG.jpg
Orangeknight.jpg
Green.JPG.jpg

Who Are The Knights?
Hailing from Castle Crashers - the once wildly popular indie game of old - the Knights are a quartet of chibi warriors that are loyal to their king. They fight their way through castles (of course), but also other sorts of levels, improving their magic abilities, leveling up their skills, and collecting different weapons along the way. At the end of the day, each Knight gets their own princess to save, but they must fight each other to see who saves which. Sadly, the Orange Princess ends up being a trap, being a clown in disguise! Within the world of Smash, the Knights are left purposeless, so they sort of just fight people for fun.

Why Should They Join?
Well, the whole "indie rep" speculation has got a whole lot of traction, and I think the Knights could make for a great one. Castle Crashers has been on many platforms, but it is currently coming to a Nintendo console for the first time with the incoming port of Castle Crashers Remastered to the Switch, sooooo...perhaps they could be in for promotional reasons? They are also just overall very simplistic, recognizable characters, and I feel that is a good boon towards being our indie rep. I'll be honest, I don't think these guys have much of a realistic shot, but a man can dream!

How Would They Play?
The Knights all have practically the same magical abilities in the game, so you'd think this would be a simple copy-paste job...however, I feel it would be interesting if these guys got a fighter swapping mechanic, as compared to keeping them as alternate costumes of one another (if this was the case, the default would probably be Red Knight in my opinion). They do each wield different default weapons, after all, and adding different properties to their Specials when you're playing as a certain Knight is something that I think could be fun to see. That being said, here is the overall gist of my move set ideas for them; unlike my Haggar support thread, I will not be going very in-depth at all, only really covering my ideas for the specials.
:GCB:: Your Knight shoots out a small projectile that simply travels forwards. It will either be a ball of electricity (Red Knight), an icicle that can freeze (Blue Knight), a simple fire ball, or an orb of bubbly acid that has a DoT effect (Green Knight).
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Your Knight blasts nearby opponents with a wave of their element shot in front of them. It will either be concentrated lightning (Red Knight), icicles that crash down on enemies (Blue Knight), a wave of flames (Orange Knight), or a cone of acid that also has a DoT effect (Green Knight).
:GCU::GCB:: Your Knight propels upwards through utilizing their element. This will either be done with a jolt blasting you up (Red Knight), a fist made of ice punching you up (Blue Knight), a blast of fire launching you up (Orange Knight), or a cloud of poisonous gas lifting you up (Green Knight).
:GCD::GCB:: Your Knight swaps to a different Knight, as indicated by the Knight's icon changing in a GUI styled like when you're in the character select screen of Castle Crashers. As illustrated above, each Knight has different strengths to take advantage of. They do not have different percentages, you will keep the same percentage regardless of if you switch, but you do get a small bit of invincibility while you swap not unlike the Pokémon Trainer. But, since you're a quartet and not a trio, the game will give you a second or two to move the right stick a certain direction to choose your Knight; :GCCU:= Orange, :GCCR: = Red, :GCCD: = Green, :GCCL: = Blue. This is the code the Down B runs by.

Now, you may be wondering...
Where's Pink Knight or The Blacksmith?
PinkKnight.png
Purple_knight.png

Since they aren't quite part of the non-DLC Castle Crashers experience unless you're playing the Remastered version, I chose to exclude the pink and purple flavors of the Knights. They could have very much been included as part of the Down B, and I'd have gladly done it had it not been for how crowded I feel it'd make this all look (even more so than it already sort of is). I say they'll get representation as part of taunts, victory animations, Spirits, or maybe even Assist Trophies, as I think it'd be better to play as only the original four Knights and not the six total Knights for the sake of less clutter.

The List Of Supporters:
Manondork Manondork
Kingkridley Kingkridley
F FelFlick
Mr. Game + Watch Mr. Game + Watch
Ridrool64 Ridrool64
tonygameman tonygameman

Last edited:

Kingkridley

Smash Rookie
Woah! Someone ELSE wants this? Finally I’m not alone with this idea. I support this. These guys should totally get in.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Woah! Someone ELSE wants this? Finally I’m not alone with this idea. I support this. These guys should totally get in.
Oh my God, a comment? It's been 1,000 years...speaking of which, my bad for not getting to you on time, I've been totally dead on SmashBoards as of late.

I'm glad to see that someone else is on board! This was a very "out there" choice, so I'm glad to see someone took notice.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'm also here to support this thread. A "Jumper" song still gave me nostalgia vibes on those days I owned a demo of this game on my PlayStation 3.

Top Bottom