• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide The Five States of the Gyro: Charging, Shooting, Holding, Tossing and Bouncing (part 1/2)

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
TreeFire80 submitted a new guide:

The Five States of the Gyro: Charging, Shooting, Holding, Tossing and Bouncing (part 1/2) - An in-depth look at how the gyro works and behaves

Hey guys, I'm here to talk about some things pertaining to everyrob's favorite top/gyro/dreidel/beyblade. The gyro is a major component of ROB's arsenal and should often be the focus of your play with him. It is an extremely helpful and potent item that can confuse and frustrate many opponents. However for many just picking up the character, it can be a little difficult to know what to expect from the damn thing. For those people, I have created this comprehensive guide with the intent to...
Read more about this guide...

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
This is some great content. I can't believe this is only half of it. Keep it up, your work is appreciated here.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
TreeFire80 updated The Five States of the Gyro: Charging, Shooting, Holding, Tossing and Bouncing (part 1/2) with a new update entry:

Correction to The Five States of the Gyro

Uh, I've never updated a guide before so I don't really know how this works or if this even warrants another post but here goes.

Hey guys,
I've updated my guide The Five States of the Gyro: Charging, Shooting, Holding, Tossing and Bouncing (part 1/2) with corrections to the Charging section of the guide.

That is all,
Thanks
Read the rest of this update entry...

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Is there an ETA on part 2? This guide was amazing.
Classic "procrastinating to finish until hard-drive fails with no backup" situation. i'm gonna try to recover it or start over if necessary (it was longer than the first half the guide so that could be laborious) and get it out soon. Just realized how long I've been hoarding info on these techs from all of you.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
So I guess the best way to keep myself from taking another year to release the second part is to give updates and timelines. The second SATA to USB cable I bought has let me recover the old data. I have to add some info, give it some extra touches, re-do all of the GC buttons on Smashboards and it should be good to go in a week or so. I also have a couple ideas for smaller guides that pertain to ROB, although they aren't as relevant to ROB's gameplay, that I may throw together after that.

Last edited:

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Okay I know I said it should be out by the end of this week but it won't. I have been working hard on it though and am re-writing some of part 1 that I want to publish alongside part 2. It will be out next week though.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Awesome, got violently ill this week, the submit form for the guide refreshed on me so I have to re-reinsert all of the GC buttons for like the fifth time and got stuck in family stuff for weekend. Sorry, just a couple more days.

Top Bottom