• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For as incredible of a game Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition is, Monolith Soft considers it to be a remaster/remake hybrid. It was a budgetary title that was being developed alongside Monolith Soft's upcoming game with the sole purpose of getting more people into Xenoblade Chronicles as a franchise with both Shulk's representation in Smash Bros and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as convenient entry points.

It'd be awesome to have Fiora as a fighter in the fighters pass but it would be the least logical pick from a business perspective, every character in the fighters pass thus far has either been selected to cater to a new audience (third party fighters) or as a vehicle to promote current Nintendo content (Byleth). Another Xenoblade Chronicles 1 representative doesn't achieve either and that's coming from someone who sees Xenoblade Chronicles as their favourite game of all time.
Oh yes I completely acknowledge that Definitive Edition is meant as a stopgap project meant to draw in new players whilst getting ready for their next big title, however as Nintendo is deciding the picks for DLC and they’ve wanted the original Xenoblade to be successful numerous times but have never had the opportunity, I could see them going with a character from 1 as a result of that. The game is also in a really good spot as it was announced the day more fighters were announced to be in development, which would retroactively give them a good two months to lock them down before planning finished. All-in-all I could see another character from 1, even if Definitive Edition is just a remaster it’s still the most recent game as of right now, though that is subject to change.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
which xenoblade character is most likely seems to be one of the things most affected by which game is peoples favourite

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh I like 1 but I’d use the recency argument for any installment, if 2 or X was the most recent I’d say those characters would be the most most likely, I just think 1 is in a really good spot when it comes to timing.

I usually try to separate what I find idealistic from what I think is most likely to happen, it’s usually good to avoid bias in speculation.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I usually try to separate what I find idealistic from what I think is most likely to happen, it’s usually good to avoid bias in speculation.
i do try to avoid being biased in my speculation. although most of the time i expect a character i dont like to get in

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I admit there's not many that I REALLY wants but here's my list.

1) Mike Jones (StarTropics) (MIA)

2) Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle) (AT)

3) Isaac (Golden Sun) (everything but playable)

4) Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) (Spirit and costume)

5) Medusa (Kid Icarus) (Spirit)

6) Birdo (SMB2) (spirit)

7) Lip (Panel de Pon) (Spirit and costume)

8) King Hippo or Doc Louis (Punch Out!) (spirits)

9) Mach Rider (spirits)

10) Alice (Balloon Kid) (MIA)

Honorable mention:
11) Fighter Hayabusa or Starman (Pro wrestling)
12) Ayumi Tachibana (Tanteo Famicom Detective Club)
13) Lark / Nester (Pilot wings 64)
14) Captain N

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here is my wanted Nintendo character list:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Wart
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley
Bandana Dee
Marx
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Tiny Kong
Waluigi
Captain Toad
Paper Mario
Fawful
Shy Guy
Kamek
Phantom Ganon
Leon Powalski
Lip

And a bunch of other characters I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My wish list is:
1st. Dark Matter
2nd. Bandana Waddle dee
3rd. Vaati
4th. Goron
5th. Impa
6th.Porky
7th. Magolor
8th. Toad
9th. Paper Mario (No SS,CS or OK)
10th. Chibi Link
Some picks are out of order im not good in making Rankings!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
which ralph are you talking about?
shuuut i thought you would say Wreck it Ralph but no im Talking about

Ralph (oracle of Ages) the reason why hes not 100% first party is because Capcom made the Oracle Games
Thinking about it arent Pokemon and Kirby 2nd Party weird!

heres a Picture

I think he could work as a Link echo

Hes my Joke Pick boi i would love him in but hes just to Obscure/Boring

But he would have been awesome in Hyrule Warriors

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
shuuut i thought you would say Wreck it Ralph but no im Talking about

Ralph (oracle of Ages) the reason why hes not 100% first party is because Capcom made the Oracle Games
Thinking about it arent Pokemon and Kirby 2nd Party weird!

heres a Picture

I think he could work as a Link echo

Hes my Joke Pick boi i would love him in but hes just to Obscure/Boring

But he would have been awesome in Hyrule Warriors
actually I’ve checked the copyright screens for those games they’re purely Nintendo owned

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Some first party characters I wanna see:

Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Toad
Krystal
Paper Mario
Lyn
Dimitri
Urbosa
Daruk
Bandana Dee
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Rambi
Ganon
Skull Kid
Slippy Toad
Alm
Celica

And I guess a couple others.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
to be fair theres a fair number of games that get "ignored"
But theyre Main Zeldas yet there were no Characters of these Games in Hyrule Warriors not even Vaati

And they still dont announce Oracle remakes (still i hope they get announced this year)

There NO Music Tracks from these Games in Smash

And this may not Count but Vaatis Wizard Form barely gets used by Nintendo

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But theyre Main Zeldas yet there were no Characters of these Games in Hyrule Warriors not even Vaati

And they still dont announce Oracle remakes (still i hope they get announced this year)

There NO Music Tracks from these Games in Smash

And this may not Count but Vaatis Wizard Form barely gets used by Nintendo
there were also no four swords characters in hyrule warriors, nor a link to the past nor the adventure of link

theres no music from phantom hourglass and music from only one of the two four swords.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It sucks there isn't a Echo Pack because if we can't get that many unique Nintendo reps as DLC, than at least it would be nice to have some Nintendo Echos. Here is who I would want in a Nintendo Echo focus pack:

:ultpalutena:/Medusa (Medusa could be her own unique fighter, but she could also work as a Palutena Echo with her having a similar body build and just making her attacks dark instead of light. Plus they could give Medusa some of Palutena's custom Specials from Smash 4.)
:ultdk:/Funky Kong (Easy and cool DK Echo to add.)
:ultbowser:/Dry Bowser (Same as above.)
:ultganondorf:/Demise (Ganondorf or Ganon is the reincarnation of Demise so it would make sense to have Demise as Ganondorf's Echo when you see it through that retrospect. And Demise also has a sword so they definitely could make that work.)
:ultwolf:/Leon Powalski (To give us another Star Wolf member and to balance things out with Star Fox and Star Wolf having a equal number of fighters in the roster. I feel like Wolf fighting Fox and Falco alone isn't fair even for a bad guy.)
:ultfalcon:/Black Shadow (Black Shadow would play exactly like Melee Ganondorf pretty much.)

I would have added Dixie Kong to the list as a Diddy Echo, but I feel like she deserves the semi-clone unique fighter treatment instead. But yeah, that's what I would go with for a Echo Pack.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If we can have four marths sure we could have four foxs. Perhaps next time they should ditch wolf and bring in slippy and peppy

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we can have four marths sure we could have four foxs. Perhaps next time they should ditch wolf and bring in slippy and peppy
I think them removing Wolf again would be a bad idea. Before Ultimate, Wolf was one of the most requested veterans people were begging to see come back.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Slightly of topic but i hear everyone wants Travis for Smash but its the Wrong one i mean how about Travis from "Oddity" (this Game is definitly NOOOOT Mother 4)
hes atleast somewhat first Party and TECHNICLY no Mother Rep

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Slightly of topic but i hear everyone wants Travis for Smash but its the Wrong one i mean how about Travis from "Oddity" (this Game is definitly NOOOOT Mother 4)
hes atleast somewhat first Party and TECHNICLY no Mother Rep
is oddity even out?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Dark Magical Girl vs. Slimy Pirate Captain. I think the former is more interesting as a fighter, but the latter can at least be an Assist Trophy.
But syrup has more Material for a plattformer Fighter she is from a plattformer after all
Also Villian!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It sucks there isn't a Echo Pack because if we can't get that many unique Nintendo reps as DLC, than at least it would be nice to have some Nintendo Echos. Here is who I would want in a Nintendo Echo focus pack:

:ultpalutena:/Medusa (Medusa could be her own unique fighter, but she could also work as a Palutena Echo with her having a similar body build and just making her attacks dark instead of light. Plus they could give Medusa some of Palutena's custom Specials from Smash 4.)
:ultdk:/Funky Kong (Easy and cool DK Echo to add.)
:ultbowser:/Dry Bowser (Same as above.)
:ultganondorf:/Demise (Ganondorf or Ganon is the reincarnation of Demise so it would make sense to have Demise as Ganondorf's Echo when you see it through that retrospect. And Demise also has a sword so they definitely could make that work.)
:ultwolf:/Leon Powalski (To give us another Star Wolf member and to balance things out with Star Fox and Star Wolf having a equal number of fighters in the roster. I feel like Wolf fighting Fox and Falco alone isn't fair even for a bad guy.)
:ultfalcon:/Black Shadow (Black Shadow would play exactly like Melee Ganondorf pretty much.)

I would have added Dixie Kong to the list as a Diddy Echo, but I feel like she deserves the semi-clone unique fighter treatment instead. But yeah, that's what I would go with for a Echo Pack.
No Dixie on this list is a good thing. I respect that. 🙏🏼

To add a little more to this, I can think of more Echoes even for franchises who aren't well represented.

:ultfalco:; Slippy Toad. Borrows the gun from Wolf, or Fox, or whoever. Smaller but wider hitbox than Falco.

:ultsheik:; Impa, Skyward Sword version. Might borrow the Shadow Sneak of Greninja? Even the Remote Bombs of Link aren't too farfetched. Could even use a singular kunai as Neutral B, like an uncharged Water Shuriken.

:ultyoshi:; Yarn Yoshi. Yoshi but light and floaty.

:ultmetaknight:; Galactia Knight. Has a sword tipper sweetspot. Make it beautiful.

:ultroy:; Alm. Instead of having no sweetspot like Chrom, Alm has exactly the same sweetspot as Marth.

:ultcharizard:; Charizard X. Charizard, but single and on steroids. Down B becomes some wicked Fire Blast projectile or something. Make it beautiful.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
:ultsheik:; Impa, Skyward Sword version. Might borrow the Shadow Sneak of Greninja? Even the Remote Bombs of Link aren't too farfetched. Could even use a singular kunai as Neutral B, like an uncharged Water Shuriken.

:ultmetaknight:; Galactia Knight. Has a sword tipper sweetspot. Make it beautiful.
personally i'd rather these two not be echoes, semi clones at worst

Top Bottom