• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Wanted to give this thread a bump. While this is the first party general support thread I thought this could be the place to talk about Nintendo's 1st party games in general. Anyway I have been pretty down on Nintendo's 2020 line-up at the beginning-mid of the year thinking Nintendo completely threw in the towel. But with the recent announcements within the past few weeks Nintendo's 2020 line-up went from like a 5/10 to a 9/10 IMO. So I ask you guys how would you rate Nintendo's 2020 line-up? As a reminder here is a list of major Nintendo titles released or going to be released this year:

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

We also had DLC released for the following titles:

- Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with :ultchrom::ultminmin
  • Cadance of Hyrule

We also know New Pokemon Snap and Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury are coming early 2021 as well.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Wanted to give this thread a bump. While this is the first party general support thread I thought this could be the place to talk about Nintendo's 1st party games in general. Anyway I have been pretty down on Nintendo's 2020 line-up at the beginning-mid of the year thinking Nintendo completely threw in the towel. But with the recent announcements within the past few weeks Nintendo's 2020 line-up went from like a 5/10 to a 9/10 IMO. So I ask you guys how would you rate Nintendo's 2020 line-up? As a reminder here is a list of major Nintendo titles released or going to be released this year:

• Pikmin 3 Deluxe

- Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Cadance of Hyrule

We also know New Pokemon Snap and Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury are coming early 2021 as well.
You used the Chrom emote when you probably meant to use Byleth's. Just FYI

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

• Pikmin 3 Deluxe

- Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Cadance of Hyrule

To me, this year was disappointing in terms of Nintendo's lineup. It's most definitely due to Covid since there was a lot more games intended for this year that got pushed back to next year because of the stupid virus. None of the games we got in this year's lineup saved 2020 at all. Not to say we got ***** games, but those games were not enough for 2020.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
As I'm getting more beat up and torn from speculation every year, my last top 5 Nintendo characters are pretty much:

1. Cranky Kong
2. Wart
3. Mimikyu. I'm listing Mimikyu as I'm convinced it still easily has a shot. Just because a Pokemon is from a previous gen doesn't mean they "can't" get in. It just takes the right support. I was in an argument with Andersonguy and he was actually right. We give up too fast.
4. Doc Louis. Doc Louis would be a fun echo with fair uniqueness and I think he'd be a neat curveball with Wii Fit Trainer.
5. Most likely a Lynel. The Lynel has really established it's self as a Zelda name and is one of the best left field picks. I would love Ghirahim, but he just isn't possible.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
As I'm getting more beat up and torn from speculation every year, my last top 5 Nintendo characters are pretty much:

1. Cranky Kong
2. Wart
3. Mimikyu. I'm listing Mimikyu as I'm convinced it still easily has a shot. Just because a Pokemon is from a previous gen doesn't mean they "can't" get in. It just takes the right support. I was in an argument with Andersonguy and he was actually right. We give up too fast.
4. Doc Louis. Doc Louis would be a fun echo with fair uniqueness and I think he'd be a neat curveball with Wii Fit Trainer.
5. Most likely a Lynel. The Lynel has really established it's self as a Zelda name and is one of the best left field picks. I would love Ghirahim, but he just isn't possible.
For me it's:
  1. Bandana Dee
  2. Poochy
  3. The Shake King
  4. Toxtricity

Oddball

Smash Lord
Top five? Bah! I'm going to give you the good old fashioned Top Ten!

1. Captain N: the Game Master (he's Nintendo owned. He counts)
  2. Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness
  3. Ganon (classic Pig version)
  4. Ayumi Tachibana
  5. Toad
  6. Mike Jones
  7. Urban Champion
  8. Impa (preferrably the 1st Hyrule Warriors version, but I'm not picky)
  9. Mach Rider
  10. Elite Beat Agents
And if you ask me again some other time, I might give you this list in a slightly different order. Captain N will still be number 1 though.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Top five? Bah! I'm going to give you the good old fashioned Top Ten!

1. Captain N: the Game Master (he's Nintendo owned. He counts)
  2. Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness
  3. Ganon (classic Pig version)
  4. Ayumi Tachibana
  5. Toad
  6. Mike Jones
  7. Urban Champion
  8. Impa (preferrably the 1st Hyrule Warriors version, but I'm not picky)
  9. Mach Rider
  10. Elite Beat Agents
And if you ask me again some other time, I might give you this list in a slightly different order. Captain N will still be number 1 though.
Yeah, about that... check the bottom post of this thread:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
huh, didn't realize there was just a first party support thread but now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense

anyway my most wanted first parties right now are

1. Bandana Dee
2. Toad
3. Sceptile
4. Impa
5. Ashley

there are a lot of first parties I want but those are the main ones, unfortunately most of them are deconfirmed or in sceptile's case probably never gonna happen

still hoping though!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

1. Cranky Kong
2. Wart
Has anyone even made a Doc Louis thread yet? I don't think I have seen one.

My top 5 wanted Nintendo characters are:

1. Krystal
2. Dixie Kong
3. Porky Minch
4. Pig Ganon
5. Skull Kid

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Has anyone even made a Doc Louis thread yet? I don't think I have seen one.

My top 5 wanted Nintendo characters are:

1. Krystal
2. Dixie Kong
3. Porky Minch
4. Pig Ganon
5. Skull Kid
Made it a long time ago. Here ya go.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Yeah, about that... check the bottom post of this thread:
The thread is wrong.

Nintendo owns the characters. I discussed it when the person who was putting together the Captain N DVD sets. (I used to run a Captain N fansite.) Nintendo owns the characters. DiC owns the episodes produced. The comic rights were owned by Valiant, but Valiant has been bought and sold and went out of buisness a few times since then so nobody really knows who owns them anymore.

Further the shortlived Captain N comic series contains the statement that all character in the book are trademark of Nintendo (Simon and Megaman didn't appear in the comic.) DiC isn't mentioned anywhere in the credits.

Captain N is a Nintendo character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The thread is wrong.

Nintendo owns the characters. I discussed it when the person who was putting together the Captain N DVD sets. (I used to run a Captain N fansite.) Nintendo owns the characters. DiC owns the episodes produced. The comic rights were owned by Valiant, but Valiant has been bought and sold and went out of buisness a few times since then so nobody really knows who owns them anymore.

Further the shortlived Captain N comic series contains the statement that all character in the book are trademark of Nintendo (Simon and Megaman didn't appear in the comic.) DiC isn't mentioned anywhere in the credits.

hes not a video game character though

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To play devil's advocate, you COULD argue R.O.B. isn't a video game character either. Though he DID help save the industry, so I guess it balances out.

Also, since we're talking about Captain N, I'm gonna use this opportunity to share this:

he is also a video game add on so r.o.b. Is probably the exception that proves the rule

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My top 10

1: Lugia
2: Fawful
3: Dixie Kong
4: Midna
5: Bandanna Dee
6: Second F-Zero Rep (Bio-Rex, Black Shadow and Jody Summer)
7: Krystal
8: Adeleine
9: Dark Bowser
10: Sceptile or Decidueye

Honerable Mentions: Issac, Skull Kid, Dark Meta Knight, Ashley, Porky, Sylux, Gen 8 Pokémon (Boltound, Cinderace, Dragapult and Frosmoth), King Boo, Muddy Mole and Mipha

Oddball

Smash Lord
he is also a video game add on so r.o.b. Is probably the exception that proves the rule
That saying has never made sense to me.

If you dropped a rock and it shot straight up into the air instead of falling, do you think scientists would say that was an exception that proved the rule of gravity?

Captain N is a Nintendo owned character. There is nothing stopping Nintendo if Nintendo wants to use him. Certainly not any fan created rules.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
hes not a video game character though
Ok? Do you want Captain N or not?

Anyway, there are so many first party Nintendo characters I want in Smash... so I’m just listing my current top 10 in alphabetical order.

• Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Captain N
  • Dixie Kong (solo or teamed with Kiddy Kong)
  • Eevee (evolves into Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon)
  • Ganon (the one from Zelda A Link to the Past)
  • Meowth (solo) or Team Rocket (Meowth teamed with Ekans and Koffing)
  • Toad / Captain Toad (one is default, the other is alt)
  • Toadette (Echo or semi-clone)
  • Tom Nook (semi-clone that also pays homage to Tanooki Mario from Super Mario Bros. 3)
  • Wandering Heroes (cats, dogs, and bunnies from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II)

My number one most wanted, of course, is Meowth with Team Rocket.

3BCE80E8-636F-4617-8621-EF3424AF52AF.jpeg

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1. Dixie Kong
2. Captain Toad/Toadette
3. Pauline
4. Krystal
5. DJ Octavio

Runner-ups: Tingle, Impa, Bandana Dee, Porky Minch, Sylux, Dr. Coyle, Twintelle, Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Dragaux, Octolings, Medusa, Hades, Pig Ganon, Paper Mario, Chibi-Robo, Louie, Captain Syrup, 9-Volt, Anna, King Hippo, Black Shadow, Rillaboom, King Boo, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Isaac, Rex/Pyra, Elma, Chorus Kids, etc.

We have been drowned with 3rd party characters at this point I will take any 1st party character as one of the last 3 DLC slots. If not I am grateful with Byleth and Min-Min despite not being choices from their games I would've liked (Claude and Twintelle or Dr. Coyle).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thread is wrong.

So Captain N the character is owned by Nintendo?

My top 10

1: Lugia
2: Fawful
3: Dixie Kong
4: Midna
5: Bandanna Dee
6: Second F-Zero Rep (Bio-Rex, Black Shadow and Jody Summer)
7: Krystal
8: Adeleine
9: Dark Bowser
10: Sceptile or Decidueye

Honerable Mentions: Issac, Skull Kid, Dark Meta Knight, Ashley, Porky, Sylux, Gen 8 Pokémon (Boltound, Cinderace, Dragapult and Frosmoth), King Boo, Muddy Mole and Mipha
Very surprised to see someone wanting Lugia especially as their most wanted. Interesting fact: Lugia placed 19th place in the offical Melee poll back in the day. Here is a link to the results in English:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Party of me wants Jessie, James, and Meowth but another part of me thinks we could have Meowth as a seperate character and Jessie and James as an Ice Climber-like duo.
Actually my idea for Team Rocket is like Pokémon Trainer meets Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik.

Jessie and James would be co-Pokémon Trainers. They are in the background.

Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing are split into two Ice Climber-like teams.

Meowth would be the Popo. Ekans and Koffing would take turns as the Nana (switch with Down B).

:052: :023: would have one moveset. :052: :109: would have a completely different moveset. Just like Zelda and Sheik.

I hope that wasn’t too complicated.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That saying has never made sense to me.

If you dropped a rock and it shot straight up into the air instead of falling, do you think scientists would say that was an exception that proved the rule of gravity?

Captain N is a Nintendo owned character. There is nothing stopping Nintendo if Nintendo wants to use him. Certainly not any fan created rules.
but its not a fan rule, the video game characters only thing comes from sakurai himself

Ok? Do you want Captain N or not?
i would have thought that was obvious

Last edited:
Top Bottom