• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think more than popularity, legacy, or relevance Sakurai sees fun moveset potential more important than anything else which is kind of a good thing.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would like dj Octavio and the shadow queen
I won't lie, Shadow Queen would be dope. But she would look weird as a Smash fighter due to her size and her 2D Game & Watch vibe. She would have cool moveset potential though and I would main her if by some miracle she got in.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Very rare to see another DJ Octavio supporter. Welcome my friend! The 2nd greatest Nintendo Villain behind K.Rool. Man I would love to own a DJ Octavio amiibo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
which of course is entire subjective
I agree on the subjectivity. I still believe that Min Min was the worst choice for an ARMS rep not only representation-wise, but moveset-wise as well. Her special ability: kicks. You know who else kicks like she does? :ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultbrawler::ultness::ultpalutena::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsnake::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss:, to name a few. Why did Sakurai or Yabuki think that was a good idea that when you can use any literal thing that involves extendable ARMS?

(Edit: Forgot :ultcloud::ultmegaman:)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I agree on the subjectivity. I still believe that Min Min was the worst choice for an ARMS rep not only representation-wise, but moveset-wise as well. Her special ability: kicks. You know who else kicks like she does? :ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultbrawler::ultness::ultpalutena::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsnake::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss:, to name a few. Why did Sakurai or Yabuki think that was a good idea that when you can use any literal thing that involves extendable ARMS?
Because that special attribute is only used for one Smash attack. Kicking at all is something a monkey can do, so why is this such a big deal when it comes to Smash?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Because that special attribute is only used for one Smash attack. Kicking at all is something a monkey can do, so why is this such a big deal when it comes to Smash?
But it's not just Up Smash. It's also the Jab combo, up throw, down air, up tilt, dash attack and up air. People were arguing for Min Min that she'd be "More fun" than X or Y ARMS rep, when so many of her attacks can be used by more characters than there are Swordfighters. If it were someone else, they would have had been far less cookie-cutter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But it's not just Up Smash. It's also the Jab combo, up throw, down air, up tilt, dash attack and up air. People were arguing for Min Min that she'd be "More fun" than X or Y ARMS rep, when so many of her attacks can be used by more characters than there are Swordfighters. If it were someone else, they would have had been far less cookie-cutter.
its not just about the kicks though is it

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
:ultminmin:ultbyleth::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultpiranha::ultkrool::ultwolf::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultchrom::ultdaisy::ultisabelle: I wonder who will be next to join the 1st party ranks in Ultimate. This game has had my favorite set of 1st party newcomers since Brawl (except Piranha Plant). Yes technically Wolf ain't a newcomer but to me he feels like one with his updated design, moveset, final smash. I also kinda consider :ultbanjokazooie: a long lost 1st party character in a way even though he is not.

While Im good with just about any 1st party characters they add (as long as they aren't more generic mooks) I will admit I'm mostly 100% satisfied with what we have now. The only characters Im heavily rooting for are Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, and Bandana Dee but if we dont get them I sure as hell wont complain with the line-up of 1st party characters we have already gotten.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultminmin:ultbyleth::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultpiranha::ultkrool::ultwolf::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultchrom::ultdaisy::ultisabelle: I wonder who will be next to join the 1st party ranks in Ultimate. This game has had my favorite set of 1st party newcomers since Brawl (except Piranha Plant). Yes technically Wolf ain't a newcomer but to me he feels like one with his updated design, moveset, final smash. I also kinda consider :ultbanjokazooie: a long lost 1st party character in a way even though he is not.

While Im good with just about any 1st party characters they add (as long as they aren't more generic mooks) I will admit I'm mostly 100% satisfied with what we have now. The only characters Im heavily rooting for are Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, and Bandana Dee but if we dont get them I sure as hell wont complain with the line-up of 1st party characters we have already gotten.
I think it's pretty safe to assume we are at least getting one more Nintendo character in this game. Who is it? I don't know, but my money would be on another Xenoblade rep like Elma or Rex & Pyra.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Zelda, Kirby, Xenoblade.

Three franchises I hope get new characters. Although in Zelda and Kirbys cases I have pretty specific characters in mind

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
All right, my favorite characters that were spirited all are now in the table:

If at least one of them makes it in (Specially the first one) I'll be jumping in joy.

What would be everyone's thoughts if Nintendo pulls off one character from a 1st party franchise that doesn't have many requests like Dragalia Lost or Ever Oasis?

MattX20

Smash Hero
When it comes to first party DLC beyond ARMS, they do have quite a few viable candidates: Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Elma or Pyra/Mythra with Rex, and a Rhythm Heaven rep to name a few

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wouldn’t count Splatoon out, either. Notice how the majority of the content has been from the first game? The Callie and Marie costumes said “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Splatoon” as in the first game. We could get Off The Hook costumes (Splatoon 2) and maybe get Octoling from the DLC campaign as playable (Octo Expansion)

that aside, Kirby, DK, Xenoblade for other prime first party candidates. Thinking Bandana Dee, Dixie, Elma.

maybe even F-Zero...? Black Shadow to tie into the series’ grand return would be a dream come true

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What would be everyone's thoughts if Nintendo pulls off one character from a 1st party franchise that doesn't have many requests like Dragalia Lost or Ever Oasis?
Considering I actually liked those games (I know, Dragalia is a mobile game, STOP REMINDING ME!), I'd be all for it. Also, can we add Henry Fleming from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. to that list? That game REALLY deserves another chance...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What Xenoblade character are you mainly rooting for? I'm rooting for Elma.
Rex and Pyra mainly. I really want more Xenoblade 2 content, the music from that game is just top notch.

Although if we looked at characters in a vacuum, probably Melia honestly. DE made me fall in love with her all over again.

I'd be OK Elma though, though X content beyond Uncontrollable doesn't interest me much.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Does anyone else think regular Fiora would be viable over the Mecha version?
I do. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see normal Fiora in Smash more. Mecha-Fiora would be her FS or (if we're lucky) a transformation special move.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As far as Xenoblade reps go, the one I want the most and only one I really want is Elma.

I have a hard time seeing her getting added over Rex but who knows what Nintendo has in store for the Xenoblade seriespast XB:DE I guess.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Does anyone else think regular Fiora would be viable over the Mecha version?
The moveset potential of Mecha-Fiora is insane, it has a lot of Mechon tech arts that boosts her power, weapons and lasers coming out of her body and many more. While normal Fiora has four arts that are all knife attacks. Realistically, I don't think they would ever choose the normal version, maybe as an alternate costume if they don't mind the sillyness of having ether energy and weapons coming out of a flesh body.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I wouldn’t count Splatoon out, either. Notice how the majority of the content has been from the first game? The Callie and Marie costumes said “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Splatoon” as in the first game. We could get Off The Hook costumes (Splatoon 2) and maybe get Octoling from the DLC campaign as playable (Octo Expansion)

that aside, Kirby, DK, Xenoblade for other prime first party candidates. Thinking Bandana Dee, Dixie, Elma.

maybe even F-Zero...? Black Shadow to tie into the series’ grand return would be a dream come true
The Hero Splattershot Replica Marie uses in her costume is from the second game tho, so it’s not all deliberately from the first game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Xenoblade deserves a 2nd rep in this game. Otherwise, it will feel like us Xenoblade fans were robbed when Fire Emblem already got 2 newcomers in this game with 8 characters in total from their franchise already in the roster.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Xenoblade deserves a 2nd rep in this game. Otherwise, it will feel like us Xenoblade fans were robbed when Fire Emblem already got 2 newcomers in this game with 8 characters in total from their franchise already in the roster.
the whole "oh look here's a Rex Mii" was salt in the wound even though I personally wasn't gunning for Rex in particular, but still. That and Mecha-Fiora appearing in Shulk's Final Smash (to give the benefit of the doubt, Shulk is base roster and Chrom has his unique sitch so I wouldn't count Fiora out 100%)

but since the Spirit barrier was broken, I'm going full speed ahead for Elma. Xenoblade X came out originally as the Smash 4 ballot closed in the west (and coincidentally when it opened for the JP release). And with XCDE's success, XCXDE could be possible if they build a lot of it from the ground up. they said porting would be hard, but XCDE is by no means a port...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
the whole "oh look here's a Rex Mii" was salt in the wound even though I personally wasn't gunning for Rex in particular, but still. That and Mecha-Fiora appearing in Shulk's Final Smash (to give the benefit of the doubt, Shulk is base roster and Chrom has his unique sitch so I wouldn't count Fiora out 100%)

but since the Spirit barrier was broken, I'm going full speed ahead for Elma. Xenoblade X came out originally as the Smash 4 ballot closed in the west (and coincidentally when it opened for the JP release). And with XCDE's success, XCXDE could be possible if they build a lot of it from the ground up. they said porting would be hard, but XCDE is by no means a port...
Me too man, me too. I honestly think Elma is our Xenoblade rep if there is another one.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
The DLC charcters so far have all had some kind of gimmick that sets them apart (With the exception of maybe :ultbanjokazooie:? But Wonderwing exists and :ultbyleth: seems normal until you see his hit boxes and how he melts shields).
When I imagine Elma I know she can be very unique by being a dual blade and dual guns user. Even if guns are nothing new now, the implementation is what matters.

But then I imagine Rex and the Smash team getting excited to have a lab rat to implement the new gimmick (Blade mechanics) into Smash.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The DLC charcters so far have all had some kind of gimmick that sets them apart (With the exception of maybe :ultbanjokazooie:? But Wonderwing exists and :ultbyleth: seems normal until you see his hit boxes and how he melts shields).
When I imagine Elma I know she can be very unique by being a dual blade and dual guns user. Even if guns are nothing new now, the implementation is what matters.

But then I imagine Rex and the Smash team getting excited to have a lab rat to implement the new gimmick (Blade mechanics) into Smash.
I made a thread for what gimmicks could work with somebody's most wanted characters a while back.

https://smashboards.com/threads/what-kind-of-gimmick-would-you-give-your-most-wanted.502651/

Top Bottom