• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
that person called blanc and what i assume is sylux
Oh wait, I read wrongly what you said, I thought you said there was only 2 characters you COULD get behind, aka 2/11 that you liked !

So, no, the Metroid character isn't Sylux, this is Sylux
1590613519754.png

The one I presented is Rundas, he's one of the Hunters from Metroid Prime 3, an ally and then boss of the game, got some cool Ice powers (hehe), and is one of the most liked characters of the Prime series as a whole due to his kickass theme and overall attitude
If I had to resume his powers .. Think Frozone from the Incredibles, but Alien (He even got the same Ice Plateforms made out of tin air), can get you the moveset if you'll like to take a look

As for Blanc, yeah I can get that she's an unknown face, she's from HyperDimension Neptunia, a game built a bit as a celebration of Gaming in JRPG form, with each nation of this game representing a different company/console, Blanc being the Goddess of "Lowee", the Nintendo Nation

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh wait, I read wrongly what you said, I thought you said there was only 2 characters you COULD get behind, aka 2/11 that you liked !

So, no, the Metroid character isn't Sylux, this is Sylux
View attachment 272975

The one I presented is Rundas, he's one of the Hunters from Metroid Prime 3, an ally and then boss of the game, got some cool Ice powers (hehe), and is one of the most liked characters of the Prime series as a whole due to his kickass theme and overall attitude
If I had to resume his powers .. Think Frozone from the Incredibles, but Alien (He even got the same Ice Plateforms made out of tin air), can get you the moveset if you'll like to take a look

As for Blanc, yeah I can get that she's an unknown face, she's from HyperDimension Neptunia, a game built a bit as a celebration of Gaming in JRPG form, with each nation of this game representing a different company/console, Blanc being the Goddess of "Lowee", the Nintendo Nation
i thought you might have misread, but i wasnt sure. youll have to excuse my ignorance for the prime characters, i do enjoy the metroid games but i cant play first person games.

another ice character would be great

wasnt there a manga like that?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
i thought you might have misread, but i wasnt sure. youll have to excuse my ignorance for the prime characters, i do enjoy the metroid games but i cant play first person games.

another ice character would be great

wasnt there a manga like that?
That's fair enough, I'm kinda the same, I dislike First Person games, but .. Metroid Prime was always kinda the execption to that haha

Well, ironically, both of the characters that you're not familiar with are principally Ice Users haha, Blanc use her Hammer as well as a great dose of Ice Magic, usually freezing her opponents before smashing them to pieces, or sending some Sharp Ice projectile flying with a good hit, her Hammer also transform into a cool Battle Axe once she transform in her Goddess form !

Mmm .. Well, HyperDimension Neptunia got a manga and an anime adaptation, but I'm not sure I know of a pure manga that had a similar concept

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's fair enough, I'm kinda the same, I dislike First Person games, but .. Metroid Prime was always kinda the execption to that haha

Well, ironically, both of the characters that you're not familiar with are principally Ice Users haha, Blanc use her Hammer as well as a great dose of Ice Magic, usually freezing her opponents before smashing them to pieces, or sending some Sharp Ice projectile flying with a good hit, her Hammer also transform into a cool Battle Axe once she transform in her Goddess form !

Mmm .. Well, HyperDimension Neptunia got a manga and an anime adaptation, but I'm not sure I know of a pure manga that had a similar concept
that is ironic

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
We're so close! June is over half way over, it can't be far now
I'm not so sure. Today's the anniversary of ARMS, and it's past the halfway point of June, as you said, and it's a rarity to see most direct-style events past that point. I really hope I'm wrong, obviously, but I'm thinking our rep might not be coming in June.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
And there seems to be a few insiders speculating that this is indeed more of a first party pass. Which I'm all for

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
And there seems to be a few insiders speculating that this is indeed more of a first party pass. Which I'm all for
Please give me Euden or Bandana Dee I need something after the dumpster fire that was Min Min

Edit: I would like to apologize for my harsh wording. Dumpster fires don’t deserve such a rude insult.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well heck...looks like I won't be removing Springman from the front cover as I predicted after all. Byleth still needs to go though.
Maybe you could add Ribbon Girl and Twintelle to the cover as well while you're removing Byleth. I'm not seeing them (it's pretty hard to see individual characters with so many there, if they are there and I just missed them then ignore this) despite their popularity.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
First-Party-Support-banner.jpg

Slight update:

Removal: Byleth (both genders as they're in!)

Additions: Mona, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, The Stretchers(I think this is first party...correct me if wrong) and Ring Fit Trainee...but no, I won't be adding the male version too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 275953

Slight update:

Removal: Byleth (both genders as they're in!)

Additions: Mona, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, The Stretchers(I think this is first party...correct me if wrong) and Ring Fit Trainee...but no, I won't be adding the male version too.
i think youve covered everything, bar that games where youre the bosses son and the skipping rope one but you know i think youre covered

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Which insiders and do you have any links? Just curious not saying you're lying but I would like to see something if you dont mind.
I think he was talking about Imran Khan predicting that FP2 was going to be nothing but Spirit promotions and Nintendo characters at that. He certainly isn't a nobody because he use to be the editor and head of Game Informer the biggest gaming magazine in the US. If anybody knows their **** and has inside information it's this guy.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Please give me Euden or Bandana Dee I need something after the dumpster fire that was Min Min
I think the question is whether this is "new franchise pass" "1st party pass" or "lst party new franchise pass". Min Min could mean any one of these.

"lst party new franchise pass" would sure be the idealistic case. But since it's realistically the least likely one, I'd have to choose between the other two.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the question is whether this is "new franchise pass" "1st party pass" or "lst party new franchise pass". Min Min could mean any one of these.

"lst party new franchise pass" would sure be the idealistic case. But since it's realistically the least likely one, I'd have to choose between the other two.
I honestly believe FP2 will be a mix of 1st parties and 3rd parties splitting the Pass in half or 2/4 or 4/2 from each other.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I honestly believe FP2 will be a mix of 1st parties and 3rd parties splitting the Pass in half or 2/4 or 4/2 from each other.
Well, based on Smash 4 DLCs and Smash 5 FP1, I think that's the case. There is no saying the pass must have a theme.

The question would be whether NIntendo still want to devote to the "expanding gaming world" idea.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, based on Smash 4 DLCs and Smash 5 FP1, I think that's the case. There is no saying the pass must have a theme.

The question would be whether NIntendo still want to devote to the "expanding gaming world" idea.
I think Nintendo should just devote the rest of the DLC towards what will make most of the fans happy instead of just focusing on adding more universes to Smash. Give us Geno, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Elma, ect.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo should just devote the rest of the DLC towards what will make most of the fans happy instead of just focusing on adding more universes to Smash. Give us Geno, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Elma, ect.
Like said, Nintendo have stated what they want for the following DLCs, so it's unlikely to suddenly turn it into "what fans want".

Here is the awkward part, can't the options be both "liked by fans" and "from new universes"? It seems weird and subjective to assume that new series reps are not gonna be fanfavorites. I mean, Min Min is the case of both already. It feels more like you don't want NIntendo to deconfirm the fanfavorites from old series.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like said, Nintendo have stated what they want for the following DLCs, so it's unlikely to suddenly turn it into "what fans want".

Here is the awkward part, can't the options be both "liked by fans" and "from new universes"? It seems weird and subjective to assume that new series reps are not gonna be fanfavorites. I mean, Min Min is the case of both already. It feels more like you don't want NIntendo to deconfirm the fanfavorites from old series.
I support a lot of characters ranging from popular, not popular, retro, new, relevant, not relevant but I think some popular characters deserves their dues in the Ultimate smash game because we might not be getting another game for like a decade and half of the roster might get cut in Smash 6. Now is the best time to fill in the big omissions like Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee and long time fan requests like Geno. Though Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fit into both categories.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dunno, a couple of those might be fan favourites not sure about the rest

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I support a lot of characters ranging from popular, not popular, retro, new, relevant, not relevant but I think some popular characters deserves their dues in the Ultimate smash game because we might not be getting another game for like a decade and half of the roster might get cut in Smash 6. Now is the best time to fill in the big omissions like Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee and long time fan requests like Geno. Though Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fit into both categories.
If anything, I think that depends on how Nintendo handles the ratio in newcomers, like 1st party vs 3rd party, new series vs old series.

We will have 18 new regular fighters for Smash 5 in total. Out of these we got 6 from old series, assuming the rest DLCs won't be from old series. I think 1/3 ois a neutral ratio. Even corresponding to this thread, we still have many unused 1st party series. Among the six, Byleth and plant piranha were controversial, the other four are no doubt fan favorites.

I'd just think why can't all the six fighters be fanfavorites before we move on whether the ratio of new series reps need to be changed. I don't disagree withoyu that Nintendo should do more fanfavorites from old series, but if they cannot even handle it with six slots, I don't think they can handle it better when more slots are for old series.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i dunno, a couple of those might be fan favourites not sure about the rest
Are you sure? All these characters ranked in the top 20 excluding Elma in Source Gaming's Mega Smash Ballot Poll. Plus all of these characters have threads that are over 200 pages or more with a few to a couple of hundred supporters. Geno's thread almost has 3000 pages while Shantae's almost has a 1000.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are you sure? All these characters ranked in the top 20 excluding Elma in Source Gaming's Mega Smash Ballot Poll. Plus all of these characters have threads that are over 200 pages or more with a few to a couple of hundred supporters. Geno's thread almost has 3000 pages while Shantae's almost has a 1000.
i wasnt disputing geno. rex is more popular than elma. dixie sure but shes not on the level k.rool was. bandana is the fan pic for kirby.

Top Bottom